Knight Rider Blooper DVD(R)s Who has 'em? What do you think?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PBH
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Blooper DVD(R)s Who has 'em? What do you think?

Post by PBH » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:32 pm

Hey everyone.

Most of us have seen the DVD-R's on eBay. Has anyone ever ordered these? If so, what did you think? All-in-all, are you happy with the purchase even though it's not an official DVD release?

Last edited by PBH on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:14 pm

I have bought it before and i liked it. it was kinda cool seeing how they crash KITT among other things. It was worth the money!!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:43 pm

I've also purchased the DVD off eBay a couple of years ago. I have to say I enjoyed it a lot as well. I couldn't care less about it not being an "official" copy as it's primarily a blooper reel anyway. I got to see a lot of behind-the-scenes that I'd never see otherwise, given that Universal will more than likely never provide us with those bonus features. I recommend it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:59 am

you should make links that long clickable, like THIS

All you have to do is type in YO CHECK THIS OUT!! but with no spaces, and the URL to the site, and what you want to say in the space where i typed in yo check it out. :wink:
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

CNH 320
Recruit

Post by CNH 320 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:14 am

Is there a downloadable version of that DVD available? Or can someone who has the DVD upload it to the Internet. Since it's not an official licened product, I don't see problems regarding copyright issues.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:54 am

good point it would waste money buying a dvd that doesn't even have a copyright issue
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:22 am

Are there actual video clips in the bloopers DVD or just pics?

CNH 320
Recruit

Post by CNH 320 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:42 am

Knight2000 wrote:Are there actual video clips in the bloopers DVD or just pics?
There are indeed actual video clips. Some of them can be seen in the video clip of "I've been looking for freedom". And, if you search on youtube.com, you can also find some short samples taken straight of the blooper DVD.

CNH 320
Recruit

Post by CNH 320 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:15 am

Not to trow any mud, but..

The reason I think we don't see the DVD online for download, is mainly because the people who already has it, can't take it that they paid $$, and that we possible could download it for free.

You see, most of us only think in $$.

Now, as fans on the Knight Rider series, lets be nice to each other. For people who have the DVD.. be a true fan and share it with us, the fellow Knight Rider fans.

Tony J Case
Recruit

Post by Tony J Case » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:35 am

Actually, if someone with DVD copying capabilites was intrested - I'd be willing to offer up a trade. While I dont have any Knight Rider material, I've got a ton of other stuff on DVD. I've got old commercials from the 80's (Where's the Beef, old Transformers ads, that sort of thing), about half the run of the old Larry Storch/Forrest Tucker Ghostbusters, some Thundarr episodes, the Pac Man cartoon.

If anyone wants to look at my full list, send me some mail and we can talk in private.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:48 am

Tony,by Thundarr episodes do you mean thunder in paradise which starred Hulk Hogan?I am looking for something in particular lately.Do you have the series Viper on tape?I sadly was unable to tape it back then because I never found it worth intresting but just as knight rider I lived to regret it.

Tony J Case
Recruit

Post by Tony J Case » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:44 am

Knight Racer wrote:Tony,by Thundarr episodes do you mean thunder in paradise which starred Hulk Hogan?
Actually I was talking about Thundarr the Barbarian, the Ruby/Spears cartoon from about 1983 or so.
I am looking for something in particular lately.Do you have the series Viper on tape?I sadly was unable to tape it back then because I never found it worth intresting but just as knight rider I lived to regret it.
That was the Fox show from the mid 90's wasnt it? Unfortunatly no, that's not one from my vaults. Here, let me make things easier and list out what I *DO* have:

* Pac-Man
Both seasons of Pacman plus Christmas comes to Pac Land. I'm only missing ONE episode from the show

* Dragon's Lair
Sadly, not the whole season - the first 8 or so episodes.

* Mr T's Be Somebody or Be Somebody's Fool
Mister T's self help video cant be beat for laughs. Cheesy as hell, but his heart is in the right place.

* Cartoon Allstars to the Rescue
Half an hour of 80's toon character and anti drug propaganda. Believe me, you haven't lived until you've heard Papa Smurf tell you to "Just Say No!"

* The Ghost Busters
This is the live action Filmation series done back in the mid 70's with Larry Storch and Forest Tucker, and NOT The Real Ghostbusters or the Filmation animated Ghostbusters. I currently have 7 episodes out of the 13.

* Various 80's TV Commercials
More 80's flavor than you can shake a stick at. 10 discs at a just a touch over 10 hours. If you can think of an ad, chances are good that I might have it.

* How to Beat Videogames
Vestron Video put out a 3 volume set on how to beat all the video games of the early-mid 80's. The Atari 2600 and 5200, Coleco and Vectrex are all covered in the 3 volumes on this disc. It's not that useful as a guide anymore unless you're into classic gaming (and even then it's a stretch), but it's still a kick in the pants to see this typical 80's production with big hair and 80's clothes.

* Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures
The live action show that Fox did (for a whole 7 episodes) in 1990. This is 4 of the 7, so over half the run.

* Thundarr The Barbarian
I only have the first three from season 1, and the last 5 from the end of season 2 - but really, you could throw this show into a blender and it would make just about as much sense.

* Mister T - the Cartoon
Not quite the full run, but pretty close.

* Hulk Hogan's Rock n Wrestling
I got these in trade, and theyre pretty rough. Only one set of credits at the beginning of the disc, and it looks so-so (recorded from the air back in the 80's it looks like).

* The CBS Saturday Morning Line Up
This one, someone took a tape, set it recording one day in the 80's and then dumped the whole shebang to DVD. It's not very pretty, and was pretty poorly incoded when it was burnt. However, where else are you going to get The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, Saturday Supercade, In The News, the D&D cartoon and commercials all in one place?

*Captain Power
Sadly I only have three episodes of this show.

* Pole Position
Again, only 2 episodes here.

There might be a couple more things I've missed (I've got an Episode of Al TV on my hard drive, but I've not burnt it to disc yet), but that's pretty much the bulk of my collection. Hopefuly it's enough to catch the eye of someone with the KR blooper DVD.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:09 am

come on someone host it!!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

CNH 320
Recruit

Post by CNH 320 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:02 am

James_kr wrote:come on someone host it!!
The blooper DVD, that is.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:35 am

Tony,lets talk :twisted: ,my email is knightracer2000@verizon.net

Tony J Case
Recruit

Post by Tony J Case » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:04 am

Knight Racer wrote:Tony,lets talk :twisted: ,my email is knightracer2000@verizon.net
You've got mail!

Tony J Case
Recruit

Post by Tony J Case » Sun May 21, 2006 2:23 pm

Hey folks - since trading with Knight Racer may not work, I'm going to seek out other sources. Does anyone have this set that would be willing to trade? I've got a couple more things in the mail since my last post, so I've got more leverage this time.

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Sun May 21, 2006 2:57 pm

I tried to buy one off of ebay recently and I got outbid at the last minute. :( That's kinda normal though. I might get a chance at another one sometime. I love the behind the scenes stuff.