where can i buy knight rider episodes

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

megan0268
Stranger

where can i buy knight rider episodes

Post by megan0268 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:40 pm

I am trying to find where I can buy all of the Knight Rider episodes. I tried on ebay, but they are all on VHS and have been previously viewed and not in the best quality.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:44 pm

Well, the problem is, that the KR episodes have not been released officially, so you are only going to get a few of them. If you want them uncut, they are not all going to be of good quality. So, really, there is no way to get them all, unless they are second hand right now, or to watch Sci Fi Channel, and deal with the fact that they are syndicut.

KI

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:39 pm

Well, if I remember correctly.. Columbia House has the first 30 or so eps on tape commercial free... and from what I know the UK has the eps on DVD.. just not released in the states yet... but if you get a DVD player that can play their format.. they are available.
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:17 pm

And let me clear that up. (I am sort of a pro at this one now.) The UK doesn't have all the episodes on DVD or VHS, they have less episodes than CH did, and some of the episodes are the same as CH's are. So, no, the entire series is STILL NOT available commercially.

KI

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:20 pm

Damn.. cause I know at last years nats (2001) AJ had a whole bunch of the DVD's.. but not sure how many.... but hopefully they will be released,... ALL of them.
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:22 pm

A lot of those were self-made.

And it is unlikely any official source is going to get them released soon, unless Universal adds it to it's full series list.

KI

Garth Knight
Recruit

Post by Garth Knight » Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:45 pm

Has anybody here ever heard of this website?

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

You can vote on putting KR on DVD. Just follow the simple registration prompts. When you vote for KR, I strongly suggest you use the season option. I'd love to see the episodes released as season box-sets (like they do for Star Trek : TNG).

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:50 pm

You can also do it at amazon.com, if you type in Knight Rider in the search, then go to their Knight Rider DVD link, you can enter your email address, and that too votes for the release of the program.

KI

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:52 am

ohh ace!!! i havent seen this before...thats pretty cool!! Thanks K.I and Garth Knight!!!!

I have a huge list here......if it will help things...doubt it will but no harm in trying

K.I.T.T

Leanne
Volunteer

Post by Leanne » Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:50 am

This is ambitious, but has anyone tried recording Knight Rider through their computer and burning it to DVD? (I don't mean transfering directly from pre-made VCR tapes, but rather straight from the episode airing on t.v.?)

It's not the best quality, but it's better than VHS. :?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:53 pm

For starters, that is illegal, and once again, goes against this board's attempts to remain in respect of the copyright laws of Universal/MCA.

Second, you think it is better to preserve a crappy version of KR on DVD, than have a clearer version on VHS? That makes no sense whatsoever.

KI

Leanne
Volunteer

Post by Leanne » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:39 pm

*haha* I didn't mean to make money off it...I meant for it to be for personal use. I'm sure a great percentage of this board has at least one copy of Knight Rider on VHS that they've taped over the years.

Personally for my collection, I'd rather begin taping on DVD's now instead of VHS tapes because they're quickly becoming dated.

No harm meant. I'm not for going over copyright laws and making a buck off the show. If it were available for sale on DVD I'd be the first one signed up. Unfortunately, all we have is Columbia House and VHS and I don't want to start collection VHS tapes when DVD's are the present items. So chill...all is good! :D

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:27 pm

Recording a TV show to DVD for your own personal use is no more illegal than recording it to VHS for your own personal use.

If you have good capture hardware, your DVD recording can look better than a VHS recording, but that is a bit subjective. The DVDs will take up less space, will last longer, and are easier to scan through than VHS tapes. So there are definitely some advantages to recording episodes to DVD.

I used to digitize entire episodes when working on my website, but I didn't have a DVD burner so they were only temporary files. It would be still be a two-step process for most computers (digitize first, burn second) but now they are coming out with consumer DVD appliances that will automate the process for you. Those could be a good alternative for VHS recordings.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:38 pm

You didn't establish that initially for personal use, and second, the title of the topic is "where can I buy Knight Rider episodes' so the issue can sort of be misconstrued.

Kindly do not tell me to chill, I am just stating some of the standards of the board, in accordance to how things were presented.

KI

Leanne
Volunteer

Post by Leanne » Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:44 pm

::shakes head::

Stating board rules is fine...I'm not against rules. Kindly don't jump down my throat and I won't tell you to chill anymore...I promise.

I'm only offering suggestions. I didn't come on her looking for an argument. *sigh* Life is too short to be upset. :roll:

Mike, thanks for filling in the blanks a little on the DVD subject. I knew there was a way to do it, I just didn't know that much about it.

:wink: