KITT at Universal is still there????????????

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt.pl
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT at Universal is still there????????????

Post by kitt.pl » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:28 pm

Hi

Sorry for my english but i am still learning

My name is Michael from Poland.I am big fan of Knight Rider from 1990.

i have a question about KITT at Univesal
Is still there at display???????

Maybe you have some actual pics from Universal

Thanks for the answers
Best regards

Michal from Poland

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:39 pm

Hello!

KITT isn't on display at Universal anymore, that stopped around the late 90s. You can however search the board here and find a number of threads with images of KITT at Universal.

KnightGoddess
Recruit

Post by KnightGoddess » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:30 pm

when I was there in 94 on my senior trip sigh im getting old he was in the storage department behid a gate but that was 10 years ago god howI wanted to hop that fence :twisted:

Nexus
Recruit

Post by Nexus » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:10 pm

I saw it around '92 or '93...man, some good times. Really cool how you could sit inside and ask "KITT" (or an actor that didn't quite sound like William Daniels) a few questions. Did anyone ever try to stump him? ;)

I didn't know they had it displayed as recently as the late '90s...wow.

KnightMati
Volunteer

Post by KnightMati » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:04 pm

Hey!

I'm from Poland too, and I'm a reaally fan of Knight Rider. And about Universal - as I know it's not there anymore, but there was (will be?) a Knight Rider ride through England, and original Knight Rider's cars drove around the streets.

Regards!
Mati
One man can make a difference (Wilton Knight, KotP)

ocAdamR
Recruit

Post by ocAdamR » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:19 pm

K.I.T.T. is no longer on display at Universal Studios Hollywood. I believe they took him away all together in 2001 because he was just getting beat up from barbaric spectators abusing him. He did used to have his own little pond where people would line up to get the chance to sit and talk with the most expensive car in the world. He would ask your name and ask if you would like him to roll down his windows for you. I believe that it was just a recording, because I said not to roll down the windows, but he did anyways. [Who knows...] After 1995, they filled the pond and moved K.I.T.T. to another area much less astonishing. They sprayed the windows black, and just left him to die.
I did ask an employee where K.I.T.T. was being held last week, and he told me that they would bring him back out this Christmas during the peek time of the season. I'm not too sure if he was just pulling my leg, but I sure would like to get reunited with him. I'm glad I got a couple of pictures with me and him together back when he had his own pond.
Here's a link to some info and pictures from another string: http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... c&start=25

Hope to see you this Christmas K.I.T.T.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:28 pm

What? Barbaric spectators are abusing KITT! Nooo! Only Michael is allowed to do that! Humor aside, people have no respect for anything anymore. Grr, if KITT were a real computer, he would have driven off a LONG time ago. I feel sorry for him. I know its just a car, but its not right to treat KITT that way!

ocAdamR
Recruit

Post by ocAdamR » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:15 pm

I just got off the phone with an 'Information' operator at Universal Studios Hollywood [800-UNIVERSAL] and the lady said that K.I.T.T. is on display at the end of the TRAM tour. I'm not too sure if she knew what she was talking about because I didn't see him when I rode the TRAM two weeks ago. I did, however, see the Magnum PI Ferrari at the end of the tour and I think that would be the most appropriate place for him to be [not that I don't think he should have his own pond back].

I remember [after K.I.T.T. lost his pond] when K.I.T.T. and the Magnum Ferrari were sitting right next to each other. You could actually touch them, but they sure did look pretty beat up... especially the Ferrari... They needed their own guard, like the Fast and the Furious display cars have now.

We'll see when I go there this Wednesday. I'll let you all know.

KnightRider2000
Operative

Post by KnightRider2000 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:59 pm

As long as your in the area, go to Kississme and got to Mark's Custom Kits. He make KITT replicas and he might show you some of his cars. For more info go to http://www.markscustomkits.com.

Knight Boyz
Stranger

hey

Post by Knight Boyz » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:34 pm

hey you love knight rider t.v show??? i love knight rider it's best!!!!

WRITE Back..
KnightBoyz

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:40 pm

Yeah, this is like the only TV show I feel like watching these days.