Knight Rider Game Missions - Some Potential Spoilers

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:48 pm

This is probably gonna sound like a stupid Question, but what processor has your pc got K.I.T.T.?
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:03 am

pent 2 i think.
No matter im going to take the game back and see if he can play it on his in the shop and see if te problem appears on his.
Thanks for your help!!! means allot!

K.I.T.T :twisted:

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:57 am

Ok now im getting p***ed off lol
I swapped the game for another copy...got the game home...and yet again its the same...it does not show the bottom buttons...KITT is grey the semi is white aswell as all the faces at the bottom....am i the only one that has seen this on the PC??????
just in case it did not work i got Die Hard for pc too...hehehe what a game

K.I.T.T

Jim01
Stranger

PS2 Game Head Hunter

Post by Jim01 » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:09 pm

[quote="K.I.T.T"]Ok now im getting p***ed off lol
I swapped the game for another copy...got the game home...and yet again its the same...it does not show the bottom buttons...KITT is grey the semi is white aswell as all the faces at the bottom....am i the only one that has seen this on the PC??????
just in case it did not work i got Die Hard for pc too...hehehe what a game

K.I.T.T[/quote]

Well don't feel bad K.I.T.T, back afew moths ago I rented a PS2 game of the game call "Head Hunter" (its the black game case whith a guy head on with glasses on) and I got it home here started to play it, it played good but soon as i step into the LILA (didn't spell that right) office and into the VR test area where the Jack (I think his name is) seat down in the VR michane and they cut to a scene where they show the michane closeing after that the game would freeze up and wouldn't play anymore, I could restart it and when i got to the that place each time the game did the same thing each time just froze up on me, well I took the game back to the rental store and told them about it so i got the other copy of the game as I thought maybe there was a glice in the other game that I had well belive it or not but when got that game home it did the vary same thing as the other game did it froze up also in the same place.. so I know you feel thats one reason why I don;t like to play pc games for but PS and PS2 games, if anyone had played the game "Head Hunter" and got through that part I mention please tell me how the heck you did that and what is neended on the PS2 system for that darn game to play it. LOL

Man it will be nice when they release the Knight Rider game in the USA as I hope to get it, how much will it cost in the USA version of it for PS2? Does Kitt fall apart when you hit somthing in the game?

Jim

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:37 pm

I guess i just got to go and buy a PS2 and the game ...huhh ohh well(HEHE)

K.I.T.T

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:35 pm

K.I.T.T wrote:pent 2 i think.
No matter im going to take the game back and see if he can play it on his in the shop and see if te problem appears on his.
Thanks for your help!!! means allot!

K.I.T.T :twisted:
Part of your problem may be the fact that your processor can't keep up, and you may definitely not have the specs for it. (The following is from the Game FAQ that Neil has at http://www.knightrideronline.com/game )

*Minimal* PC specs, these may change a bit, when using the following configuration all graphics options should be at it's lowest to get a decent frame rate:

PIII 450, 64MB, 16Mb 3D graphics card, sound card.
Of course the game looks much better and smoother on a high-end machine with a good graphics-card, and sounds better with EAX or A3D support, and 4-speakers.

KI

Karan
Recruit

Post by Karan » Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:08 pm

His CPU Is borderline though,so it shouldnt really be causing those graphical glitches....the problem is probably with the video card?
but im not sure which one he's got
if u have a fairly new nVidia or ATI card,just try getting the latest drivers for it.
if its some of the older integrated card then u might have to get a new video card,but theres plenty u can get ,with good performance and low prices,and it takes a minute to install the card

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:59 pm

I have also seen problems where the processor can't deal with the video card, so that could be the problem.

KI

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:48 am

My graphics card is fairly new its a "Maxi cougar"
I just find it stupid that my pc runs MM2, NFS2, Motorcross madness and Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza and others, but wont Knight Rider, of all the games it just had to be Knight Rider huh lol
I gave the game to a friend of mine to see if it ran on her pc and it did fine!...though she has a brand spanking new pc...not sure if that has anything to do with it?
I may go to currys or commet ( electrical shots in uk) and see if they have some advice, if i need a bigger push or whatever...i just wanted to know if others had the same problem with the game on there pc.
Thanks guys!!! (the update on the game on my website will just have to wait! :lol: :lol: )

K.I.T.T

Kameo
Stranger

HELP 4 DA GAME !!!!

Post by Kameo » Sat Dec 28, 2002 5:31 pm

Please people help me, I'm stuck at the "bad son" level in the KR game on PC :((((
I dunno how to go through the window (the second one, when KITT finds someone on the first floor), the only roof from which I could use turbo boost is unaccessible :(((
Somebody knows how to deal with that ? Please share your knowledge with me, pleeeease !!!! :cry:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:03 pm

I'm not sure of what specs the PC version of Knight Rider needs, but i think that it will probably need a higher spec pentium. I've got a friend who said that he'd be getting it for his PC so i'll check with him and see if he has done, coz i know his PC uses a Pentium 2, and i'll find out if he has any problems with it and get back to you as soon as possible.

P.S. Sorry for not being on the board to get back to you sooner, but my dad had to format the PC twice yesterday and with him working shifts, its taken untill about an hour ago to finally get the internet up and running again.

From Matthew

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:30 pm

You might want to read the messages above. The general specs from the game makers and this site's FAQ are in a message above.

KI

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:33 pm

Sorry KI, i just dint catch the specs as i skimmed over the posts before.

From Matthew

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:04 pm

Tis ok. :)

KI

Karl Siniak
Recruit

Post by Karl Siniak » Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:45 am

OK, when you went into that bit with the open door and kitt says he can detect someone on the floor above them, you must have gone back to the other buildings and tried to u p through a window. You can't! I thought so at first but you need to drive down that ramp and you appear in a room with some boxes. You tirbo onto to first ones then the next ones then turbo though the window on the inside ahead of you. You end up in a little room and you pass the mission!!! :D

Meccy
Recruit

F.A.O MATH_SCOTT

Post by Meccy » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:08 pm

F.A.O MATH_SCOTT

Math_Scott I hope you can help me on the Knight Rider PS2 game I seem to be having so difficulties, heres my problem

The mission is that a heavy vehicle has crashed through the side of a bank and Devon asks Michael and KITT to investigate, you go to the bank location and scan for clues, after scanning it then comes to light that the signal has been traced to as remote location which you have to get to within one minute and microjam somerthing on arrival, however some you arrive at the fortress it there doesn`t appear to be ramp at all but I think it dos expect you to turbo over some crates and then onto buildings roof tops the crates aren`t a problem but the roof tops there after are as you don`t seem to be able to get enoough speed up.

Does this help you to locate where Iam in the game?
You have the initial training session then a further mission where you have to keep a speedingcar on your sensors then camera obscura mission is the next one after that

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:10 pm

Um, Meccy, most people read most of these threads. You don't have to post the same thing in multiple threads.

Thanks in advance

KI

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:22 pm

Perhaps, Neil should set up a special Knight Rider game archive section. I suspect that people are going to be looking for answers to this game for years, and getting a little frustrated with the attempts at locating the answers littered in with thousands of general KR thread archives.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:58 pm

Not to mention the poor moderators who end up having to merge them, and find the same thing over and over again. Although the FAQ didn't work too well, so maybe it won't work.

KI

Meccy
Recruit

Post by Meccy » Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:28 am

Once again KI appologies, I only come on here to get told off anyway ha ha

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:35 am

I didn't tell you off. I just advised you of something. If I told you off, just ask anybody around here, it would stand out like a sore thumb. :)

KI