A good Knight's Work question

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ttony_at
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A good Knight's Work question

Post by ttony_at » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:21 pm

At the end of "A Good Knight's Work", Micheal drives KITT off a parking garage to enter a living room hotel across the street. I sure hope KITT scanned the inside to make sure no one would get injured! I though it
was pretty funny when KITT asked how they were going to get him down from there! They were several floors above the ground (too high for KITT to jump down).
So how *did* they get KITT down? They didn't tell us.

The only thing I can think they used would be a shipping crate. It would have been suspended by a helicopter(s) out the window, and KITT
would have driven in and been lowered.

I don't think he could have jumped back because of the distance involved. Could he have jumped to a lower floor of the garage or would it have been too high?

Whatever method they used, KITT did say he had enough excitement for one day!

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:26 am

they must have used his parachute

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:48 am

Cool should have know KITT had one of those... He has everthing! lol I like your "lol lol lol oh yes I am lol" thing but when are you ever going to stop! lol NEVER! :shock: lol its funny keep up the good work!

Benjamin Knight
:spm:

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:52 am

never ha ha

Dome
Rookie

Post by Dome » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:01 am

he took the elevator/lift like everyone :lol: :lol:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:46 am

The parachute would probably be a bad idea... falling from the 4th floor, he would hit the ground before it could deploy.

It might not be graceful, but KITT should have been able to survive the fall of simply backing out of the apartment. He might cause a bit of damage to sidewalk below, so a crane would probably be wiser.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightdogg
Rookie

Post by knightdogg » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:27 am

He probably did a reverse turbo boost out of the building.

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:44 am

i always wondered this too. So i watches the episode again, the apartment must have been pretty big because after kitt crashed through the windows it kept going on for a bit. Since the the apartment was pretty big, maybe a k-turn and hitting turbo right from start and jumping onto another level of the parking deck, mind you kitt can hit 0-60 in .4 seconds so it could be possible. Or maybe this was just of those things to make us thing but no real logical answer, who knows. Either way good question. hopefully

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:31 pm

well, the apartment had a phone, all he had to do was call FLAG, and they'd arrange for KITT to be picked up.

no problem for michael, he could walk down the stairs or get a elevator but the real problem would just be kitt to get down.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:49 pm

That always bugged me that they didn't tell you...and then in Knight of the Juggernaut when they show that scene again, they STILL don't tell you how he got down. Maybe he just backed out and fired the Turbo Jets straight down to slow the fall...?

But if he could do that, then there were plenty of other opputunites that he COULD do that for so...I dunno
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:06 pm

Did anyone catch the front bumper getting crunched when he goes thorugh the appartment and hits the wall at the end rebounding back.

It reacted like it was a stock nose, not fiberglass, tucking under instead of breaking. Wonder if they stuck a stock one on since the shot was in profile.

Btw, we know that the replica bumpers are fiberglass, but is that what the special effects guys used on the show, or were the bumpers made of something else?
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!