Great Kitt Replica on Ebay

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Great Kitt Replica on Ebay

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:11 am

Many of us wish we can own a great replica but this ones got some of the work done already.Just needs the interior dash/electronics.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-Trans-A ... ars_Trucks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I might be wrong about this but are those the correct sized rims? They look like 14 inch rims to me.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Great Kitt Replica on Ebay

Post by krkitt1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:16 pm

That's a great start for a T/A KITT! Very nice!

KittCARR
Recruit

Post by KittCARR » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:05 pm

That car used to belong (or maybe still does) to a member of another forum. His name was jgold. If I remember correctly that was his second replica, his first being a 1984 Trans am that was pretty amazing.

This is a 1988 GTA, that's been converted to a replica, and at one point had a complete dash, gullwing set up, along with upper and lower console. If you notice his headliner, it has screws in place where the upper console used to sit.

Such a nice car.

Joey.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3236658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:06 pm

I've contacted the ebay auctioner and he is Jgold from the other forum.He verified that they are in fact 15 inch wheel rims.He had an 84 trans am that went to Europe.He sold the elctronics and hoped he could put them in at a later date due to financial concerns.The car has won numerous trophies at car shows.It took him a year to find the donor car for the conversion.He wanted to make sure the car had low mileage which for 36,000 miles and at that price is still a great deal.