Aoshima 1/25 KITT model question

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Aoshima 1/25 KITT model question

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:12 am

I have the chance to score a sealed 1st season car with the LED scanner for a good price shipped, and I had a few questions to those who had this model (or the season 3/4 car or KARR).

1: decals, does the kit just come with the KNIGHT plate on the back or do they give you any decals for say the gauges on the dash?

2: the wheels, are the 'bowling ball' hubcaps separate from the main 'rim'?

3: does the model have wheels that you can pose the fronts in a to the left or the right position?

4: the t tops can they be removed, I saw a scan of the manual and it shows you puting them on but are they individual and can they be taken back off (like on the AMT car).

4: underside, does the model have stuff like an exhaust system (I know these kits have no engine mainly cause of the circuit board that controls the scanner effect) or is it molded in detail you have to paint.

5: the pop up lights to the swivel up or is it a deal where you choose if you want them in the up or down position (I have a Revell 83 Trans Am kit that has the option for up or down but not back and forth)?

6 :final question, is the body shell 'painted' or is it just molded in glossy black plastic, I mean could you get away with not painting it, I know I could if I wanted too, I just do not always have the time or space to do so, having it in a glossy black would save me a lot of time and headaches (mainly from spray paint fumes :lol: ), I know the interior bits are molded in tan, that is a nice help as that shade of tan is at times hard to find or mix to get the right shade to match the TV car's interior color.

Dave
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

Cam FR
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Aoshima 1/25 KITT model question

Post by Cam FR » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:42 am

So i have all the models except form the SPM one so let's answer this :

1 : you have a decal sheet with the screen the gauge and the voice box but you havec to paint the lights on the side of the voice box and start up sequence one

2 :the hubcaps are separated and molded in shiny black plastic

3: you can turn the front wheels

4 : the t-tops are like on the ERT 1/18 or amt model.

5 : The exhaust system is panted and molded separately. But you have parts to paint on the underneath which are molded in it

6 : the head light are hard to mount for the first time , but the can move up and down. be careful and use a needle to apply the cement on the areas indicated on the guide.

7 : Thje body is molded in shiny black. But i recommend you to sand the areas where yo ucan see the mold joint and then paint it with a glossy black from tamiya to havec the best effect you can have ;)

Hope it'll help you. I strongly recommend this model !

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:25 pm

thanks I just hope I can still get it when I get paid later in the week I can get it for under under 60 shipped from Japan. which to me is a steal since I really just want the LED scanner thingy but that is almost as $$$ as the KITT/KARR models.

Cam FR
Volunteer

Post by Cam FR » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Tokyo hobby or hobby japan , an ebayer got one for 16 €

I Bought all the models from him, he is the cheapest one.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:03 am

wow I was at HLJ (hobby link japan) and they had one with fast shipping for 53 bucks and change shipped for a season one car with LED scanner, guess I am gonna buy from HLJ thanks for the heads up Cam FR :good:.

Dave

Cam FR
Volunteer

Post by Cam FR » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:08 am

your welcome ;) :good: