On My Way To Vegas

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

On My Way To Vegas

Post by krkitt1 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:05 am

My and the wife left Chicago Monday morning at 4 am , we are driving KITT and taking our time, as of 9 pm Tuesday , we are in Winslow Arizona . Anyone going this year?

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: On My Way To Vegas

Post by jup » Sun May 19, 2013 1:53 am

Because of multiple reasons, I decided to pass on this year's show.

- Price: Although Vegas is incredibly low priced, I'm a little finacially challenged to be going to TWO hotels in such a short period of time.
- Fuel: Because of cash short commings, I decided not to make the drive.
- Vehicle condition: Because of an aging vehicle, I decided not to...
- The merger of -OUR- converntion with that of Star Cars: Last year's convergence just left a bad taste in my mouth. It felt like KR was something the show kind of tollerated being there and I didn't really care for how it had evolved. At first, I had redecided against my vow to not return to 'Star Cars. (With special guest, Knight Rider.)' But, with other reasons in tow, I reconfirmed my former vow.
- It's...Vegas: First time I went there, it was amazing to see the flash and glitter of it all. Then, the 'sin' of it all was quick to wash away the flashy lights. It's a nice place to visit. But, I don't want to keep going back. IT WAS ONLY because of the 'Knight Rider convention', a one of a kind event for the show, that kept me coming back. Now, it's just a fancy, celebrity car show.
- Vegas...at this time of the year: If this year is anything like the last, Vegas will be hot...super hot. Yea...when driving towards Vegas, the temperature kept climbing from 100 to 105 to 110...and this was at 10 pm at night...

Don't get me wrong, now. I am a fan of it's Pinball Hall of Fame. And, maybe a trip back or two when I can afford a couple shows. But, it was the convention and you guys that made going to Vegas, worth it. But, this year, I couldn't justify it.

Now, did Mike make any streaming videos?

lphill01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by lphill01 » Sun May 19, 2013 3:55 am

I'm here, but unfortunately unable to attend because of work.

apollyon2012
Volunteer

Post by apollyon2012 » Sun May 19, 2013 3:01 pm

I went yesterday as I live an hour and 15 min. from old vegas. There were like 4/5 kitts there (2 cobras and 2 or 3 trans ams) that were off in their own little world next to the a-team van. The show was spread out in my opinion even more so than previous years. Lots of celebrities with barely anyone to no one standing in line for them (I was there around 11am so it may have gotten crowded after I left). I loved the barris customs stretch limosine made out to look like the 89 batmobile (took a few pics of that one), and i loved the james bond cars. i didn't get any celeb's autographs since they charge 20 bucks now (and i didn't go for them anyway i went for the cars). I was sad that i didnt see any versions of KARR there. i may have seem kitt and karr over and over there, but i love to seem those cars. knight rider did seem to be like the bastard child there (off in a corner somewhere) while other cars were on display (porkys cars with their celeb counterparts) as well as the munsters car.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:54 pm

I was there with my Cobra Mustang KITT, Yes, would of like to see more KITT's there but we did have a great time. Yes, the cars were spread out , I didn't feel like a bastard child . There were a lot more people later in the day. We will be going back in two years if they have it. We also drove to Hollywood and had a blast there with KITT. WE are looking to get something started here near Chicago as far as a Car Stars/Knight Rider Festival.

apollyon2012
Volunteer

Post by apollyon2012 » Sat May 25, 2013 1:32 pm

which cobra kitt was your's? the one with the kitt (word) graphic on the car? both cobra's were nice. I was thinking one was just a mustang with cobra parts added and one was an actual cobra. either way both were done nicely. i think i took video of the 2.
i just felt like kitt should've been more in the middle of the aisle then off to the side. i almost walked by w/out noticing the kitts there, that's why i said it was like you guys were off in your own little world.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Yes, mine has KITT on the side. Both Mustang's are not real Shelby's. No Shelby's were used in the show. The other KITT Mustang was a Screen used car from the show and it's a V6, mine is a 4.6 V8 5 speed man. trans. As for where we were placed, it had a lot to do with Fremont Street this time, with the construction for the Zipline towers, it took up a lot of space. Next year should be better.