Knight of the Drones

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jminn55313
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight of the Drones

Post by jminn55313 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:45 pm

I was watching the Knight of the Drones from my DVDs i always been a knight rider fan and even if you see it often you still find new things you did not catch. but when Micheal and KITT went to Peter Wongs appartment when Micheal got out of KITT you could see KITTS new Dash even though KITT had not yet been damaged by the Rockets from the red cars as that happen at the start of part 2.

taxguru
Volunteer

Re: Knight of the Drones

Post by taxguru » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:24 pm

It's called a blooper lol

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by msKEN » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Keep in mind back in 1982 the target audience was your home TV, and the average TV size was merely 27 inches. So they most likely felt as though they had some wiggle room to get away things like that and the audience not really pick up on it.

If you pop in a VHS and watch it on one of these bad boys from about 8-10 feet away those issues go away. Just a matter of the show not aging well in respects to modern technology lol. But this is just my theory. :lol:
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jminn55313
Volunteer

Post by jminn55313 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:34 pm

yea and with 3rd season they probably had more of the new dash cars on hand vs the older season 1 and 2 dash

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:38 pm

what you might find that they had enough cars to film more than 1 episode so certain cars went to film 1 episode and others to another with KOTD being on location they would have transported a small selection of cars but with KITT being rebuilt there they had to take the new hero car...possibly a couple of stunt KITTs and a point of interest..this was the first episode the passenger blind driver car was used and ONLY that car was used in the episode and as we know the season 2 hero car was converted to the drivers side blind driver KITT so i imagine it was elsewhere filming another episode for season 3 just my thoughts mind...
michael;i've got a problem.
devon;my dear boy,dont be so modest,you have a wide range of problems.

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:48 pm

jminn55313 wrote:I was watching the Knight of the Drones from my DVDs i always been a knight rider fan and even if you see it often you still find new things you did not catch. but when Micheal and KITT went to Peter Wongs appartment when Micheal got out of KITT you could see KITTS new Dash even though KITT had not yet been damaged by the Rockets from the red cars as that happen at the start of part 2.
its not so much a blooper its more(no disrespect intended here)bad directing/editing thats at fault here even when i watched the scene of KITT swinging past the camera 30 years ago on a tv half the size anybody can see KITTs dash is different the camera angle could have been at a position where you couldnt see the dash but maybe back then the crew didnt give much thought that all these years later we would be sitting with out hi tech led tvs and freeze frame dvd players looking over these episodes for little errors just like this one jsut my thoughts....
michael;i've got a problem.
devon;my dear boy,dont be so modest,you have a wide range of problems.