April 11, 2004: The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

April 11, 2004: The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:00 am

As we're celebrating the 30th anniversary of Knight Rider this year, we also have to reflect upon some of the low points in the fandom. And probably one of the lowest points was Nick Lahey singing a duet with KITT on national TV.

http://www.teamknightrider.com/culture/ ... ssica2.mov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For starters, the replica was bizarre: it had a strange spoiler in front of the scanner (which doesn't show up very well in the video) and it was sort of a SPM KITT but not quite. The voice was wrong. And the whole thing was just corny.

The car was at George Barris' shop for an open house I went to and I snapped these photos:
nick-jessica1.jpg
nick-jessica1.jpg (75.16 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
nick-jessica2.jpg
nick-jessica2.jpg (73.74 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KITT Conversion
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: April 11, 2004: The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour

Post by KITT Conversion » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:08 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:it had a strange spoiler in front of the scanner (which doesn't show up very well in the video)
I watched the video, and personally, at certain angles, if you looked close enough, you could see the spoiler.

The car body, is fine, but the rear of the car as SPM Mode, doesn't look close to the one in the show (Again, my opinion).
Along, with the weird front spoiler, the wheels also do not have the black wheel covers as in the show
KITT, with the voice he had in the video, personally is just weird and sort of "ruins" the replica, in the vid.

Just my opinion.

What's your guys' opinions?
KITT: Forget my body, where is my Random Access or my graphics board? I can’t even play a round of Pac-Man in here.
:spmgo: :kittconv2:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: April 11, 2004: The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:59 am

The "Knight Rider Historians" did an extensive inspection on this car before it was sold at auction a number of years ago. Despite it coming from Barris, our investigation showed that the car was NOT used in any capacity in the original series. It's definitely a "unique" piece of KR history.

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy