Best of Knight Rider on DVD.

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jyd85
Operative

Best of Knight Rider on DVD.

Post by jyd85 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:33 pm

http://knightrideronline.com/news/2011/ ... s_june.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone want to take a crack at what episodes might be included? Will you be getting it?

I'll say KOTP, and K.I.T.T. VS. K.A.R.R. Since those seem to be the two most recognizable episodes.

Money's really tight right now, but I might get this. I'm giving my copies of the first sets to a relative. I'm also planning to take a few trips this summer, and a smaller set like this would come in handy with my portable DVD player. I don't want to scuff up the disks in the Complete Collection.

I hope they're single-sided disks with corrected sound, if it's going to have eps from S3.

Anyone else?
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Best of Knight Rider on DVD.

Post by Skav » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:17 pm

I wouldn't buy it since I have all the seasons. This is blatantly a cash cow DVD.

With that said, I think:

KOTP
A Good Knight's Work
Big Iron
Knightmares
Slammin Sammy's Stuntshow Spectacular
Good Day At White Rock
Deadly Maneuvers
Sky Knight
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:04 am

I thought it was a bit much, too. Seeing how there's been two different releases already. (And I'm definitely no fan of lining Universal's pockets right now with all the headaches Comcast has given us.) But at least it's something else to get the franchise out there?

You suggested some good ones. Especially with Knightmares and A Good Knight's Work dealing with Michael's backstory. I'm with you on Sky Knight, that's one of my favorites from S4.

Down?

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:41 am

I have the old 2004 released Best of Knight Rider DVD and it's got Pilot, Trust Doesn't Rust, Knightmares, Soul Survivor and A Good Knight's Work. I guess these may be included in the upcoming one but as the boxart says 9 episodes, perhaps the rest are from seasons 3 and 4.
Hoping for KITTvsKARR, Junk Yard Dog, Killer KITT and Scent of Roses to be those additional best episodes.

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:53 pm

(Off topic - Here's the thread! For a second there I thought I did something wrong. lol)
KITTfan wrote:I have the old 2004 released Best of Knight Rider DVD and it's got Pilot, Trust Doesn't Rust, Knightmares, Soul Survivor and A Good Knight's Work. I guess these may be included in the upcoming one but as the boxart says 9 episodes, perhaps the rest are from seasons 3 and 4.
Hoping for KITTvsKARR, Junk Yard Dog, Killer KITT and Scent of Roses to be those additional best episodes.
Good point. They might take the easy way out, and reuse episodes that were released in that set.

It's hard to imagine a 'Best Of' KR collection without the episodes you listed, KITTfan.

Down?

iKITT
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by iKITT » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Seeing as I don't have the 4th season on DVD, I might pick this up. However, I often pass on these small re-releases now simply because I can buy all the good episodes on iTunes and have them on my iPod which is ultimately more convenient than buying a DVD and carrying a laptop around.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun May 01, 2011 10:48 am

I'm amazed no one's mentioned Goliath or Goliath returns as some of the best episodes.It does explained Where Wilton Knight got the idea to surgically alter Michael's face to look like as well as what makes Kitt indestructable all the time.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sun May 01, 2011 6:16 pm

I guess the best to bring out for a special collection are these:

- Pilot (With NBC Trailer)
- Goliath (With NBC Promo)
- Knight of the Drones (With NBC Promo & Intro)
- Knight of the Juggernaut (With SPM Promo)

Everything in HD and Stereo and a nice and Special Coverartwork like never seen before. That would be a nice Collection :good: :mrgreen: :kitt:

Josch
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Mon May 02, 2011 8:05 am

Hi Josch Knight! :mrgreen:

Well, I think the best of Knight Rider on DVD are very good. 8)

:good:
Alex

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:59 am

They changed the editorial review from the last time I viewed the page on Amazon. (They had the description for the Miami Vice set instead before.)
Relive your favorite moments from the hit show that made David Hasseloff a superstar and his supercar K.I.T.T. an icon! Get ready for full-throttle action and adventure as nine of the very best episodes – including the unforgettable series premiere and finale – of Knight Rider come together in this two-disc set. David Hasselhoff is Michael Knight crime fighter and driver of the world’s most dynamic high-tech talking car K.I.T.T. As the two battle villains crooks and bad guys scheming to exploit K.I.T.T.’s technology you’ll be thrilled by the explosive action that set the standard for all TV action series to come. It’s a must-own for every Knight Rider fan!
"including the unforgettable series premiere and finale"

Finale? So it's going to have Voo Doo Knight included?

Oh well. The plus side is that it'll have Knight of the Phoenix I guess.

Down?

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:58 am

Here's the listing for the set according to someone on Amazon.com.

1. Knight of the Phoenix, Pt. 1
2. Knight of the Phoenix, Pt. 2
3. Deadly Maneuvers
4. Trust Doesn't Rust
5. Goliath, Pt. 1
6. Goliath, Pt. 2
7. K.I.T.T. vs. K.A.R.R.
8. Junkyard Dog
9. Voodoo Knight

There's other episodes I would much rather see on here than Deadly Maneuvers and VooDoo Knight.

But it does have the pilot, Goliath, both KARR episodes, and Junk Yard Dog. They got it right for the most part. (I feel anyway.)

Down?

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:55 pm

One more post, and I'll let the thread die.

The set came today. The box itself is nice and reminiscent of the S1 release. Nice artwork of KITT on the back, along a couple pics of Michael from the back of a couple of the other single sets.

There is one episode change from the listing I found on Amazon - the addition of K.I.T.T.Nap. (Goliath is listed as one episode, so that would make nine.)

There are no teasers. There are no clips of episodes or music with the main menu. It's only a simple menu with the episode listing, and then a setup where you can select English subtitles.

The visual transfer doesn't seem as clean as the other releases, but it could have been worse. KOTP and Goliath are divided into two episodes, with credits at the end of their first halves. (Like there would be in syndication.) At the end of Goliath, you are taken straight to the second part, but not with KOTP.

They're single-sided disks, in Dolby Digital 2.0. (I don't know anything about fixed sound issues yet.)

It's what you'd expect to get for a $12 set. Probably would be a good cheap gift to give someone that you're trying to introduce to the series.

Down?

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:13 am

Thanks for the review. Would be nice to see some photos of the set ;)
I wonder if it will be released here in Europe, region2. If it will and the price is cheap, might pick it up to my KR collection even I already have all seasons.

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:48 pm

You're welcome. :)

I'd take pictures, but they wouldn't come out very good. A friend of mine might be getting the set. I'll ask if she'd be willing to take some photos if she follows through.

Down?

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:48 pm

My bad. It does have teasers. I must have missed them when I was fast forwarding through the Universal title at the beginning of the episodes. Sorry everyone.

Some of it is edited as it would be in syndication. Like in KOTP, where the carjackers drive off with KITT. And the older man with the mule in Goliath is missing.

Down?

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Code: Select all

Some of it is edited as it would be in syndication. Like in KOTP, where the carjackers drive off with KITT. And the older man with the mule in Goliath is missing.
Mhhhm then no chance for me to buy...thats no deal for me :roll:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

FlagAgent078
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by FlagAgent078 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Should "The Scent of Roses" have been on this set and what about Knight of the Juggernaut?

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Noticed today Knight Rider DVD season boxes have gotten new, slim design, saw similar slim line DVD boxes of Miami Vice too. Does anyone know if the sound effects have been corrected in Knight Rider season 3 episodes for this new updated box (Region2)?