KRF III - Thank You from VK

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

User avatar
chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by chrisjones » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:12 pm

+1 ^^ Excellent post, you sir have the patience of a saint! A very well constructed, mature post.
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

User avatar
Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Manor

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Matthew wrote:
Victor Kros wrote:Michael, you and I have two vastly different viewpoints with respects to the meaning of "friendship" and "communication". It is because of those differences which we've discussed at length in private, you would likely not feel the need to do the gestures for people that I choose to do and that's fine but please recognize the positive things I am doing for people and this fanbase rather than finding some sort of negative context to address. It's these kind of situations that fragments and weakens the fanbase rather than unifies and strengthens it.


- I find myself reluctant to respond to your accusations because you would use them as an excuse to ban me. Yet we have Knight Rider Festival, we had Saugus, we had interaction from cast/crew, we had merchandise that people wanted to add to their collection right? I did nothing but fracture this community while also actually giving it purpose when support for it came to a grinding halt after Knight Rider 2008 was cancelled? I created some concepts to try and inject life back into the community and those attempts were meant with contempt rather than gratitude. That's fine, it's a lesson well learned.

Listen man, I greatly respect the vast majority of people on Knight Rider Online. I have tried to work through disputes and absorb a lot of punishment while trying to navagate through it to better things. I have used my influences to help people time and time again in ways you have not experienced because you selectively show up just to throw your power around and vilify me over and over again. You don't go to Knight Rider events so you don't see the good things I do and the risks I take to help people out. If I dare even list them, then I'm the guy who is "bragging" about his accomplishments so to that extent I can't win either way.


That’s a vastly unfair judgement towards Michael. He was helping to create the online side of the fanbase long before you met Glen A. Larson, and decided to grace us with your divisive presence.

- And this comminity was barely on blip on a Knight Rider radar before I came here. You had no video messages with cast/crew, you had no established logo that appeared on other sites, if there is one fact that no one will dispute - it's that my influence good or bad expanded the world of Knight Rider between the cast/crew and its fans on a level never reached before - that is a FACT. In the last FIVE YEARS, I have worked endlessly to make Larson aware of this site's existance.

I asked you to respect him and KRO chose to emphasize their promotion on NBC's doomed new series which was clearly against him. That was your choice and eventually I just decided to let it go and stop fighting the battles that clearly didn't need to be fought. I stopped arguing about the site's bais. That wasn't enough though was it? At every turn when I came back from being suspended or banned I tried to adapt and shed my "older ways". I changed my approach to handing conflicts, I focused my efforts on promotion of events rather than my "ego" - I answered questions people had. I did everything in my power to HELP THE COMMUNITY while getting blasted by people who had some problem with me for reasons I either didn't fully understand or accusations that were one sided such as chrisjones. I treated him with respect and he chose to spit it back in my face on TWO occassions. I tried making peace with people who don't like me and I tried to keep things positive but clearly war is more exciting I guess because YOU CANT SEEM TO HANDLE peace. You find SOME WAY to turn GOOD THINGS into a conflict and IM TIRED OF IT.

This is not about Michael, he chose to take a positive statement and turn it negative. Sorry but that's how I feel and you cannot change that.


The fact of the matter is that you’ve done more to fracture this community than strengthen it. Whether it was your friendship with Richie Levine, or your attitude towards the plagiarism of Joe Huth’s Knight Rider Legacy content, you’ve been banned and reinstated so many times, that it’s no wonder everyone believes you get the kind of leniency that frankly, you do.

- I won't dignify this same tired arguements that much like abortion and the death sentence have no clear answer that you will ever accept. You were my friend and on multiple occasions you stabbed me in the back for disagreeing with you. It hurt then and I gotta be honest I've grown numb to the two sides you display to me. One side is my best friend, the other is a power hungry unbalanced mad man drunk on his own authority and for whatever reason hates me and what I try to do at EVERY turn.

Victor Kros wrote:I respect your position as a mod - but I do not agree with your advice on this matter. I think it's problematic rather than conducive. I'm not disrespecting anyone in this thread - but others are blatantly disrespecting me. I'm trying to do a gesture that should be cherished, not discarded.
[/quote]

You’re probably wondering why one of the people you call a friend would be saying these things. The truth of the matter is that you have no respect towards the position of moderator or administrator unless it serves your purpose. You repeatedly request that evidence of your transgressions be deleted, and then berate and belittle the staff member in question when you’re informed that locking threads with a closing statement is standard procedure.

- No, I have no respect towards YOUR position as a moderator because you've given me no reason to. You've consistantly used your power since the days of KRUK to find excuses to ban or otherwise suspend me in everything I have tried to do on Knight Rider Online. This is not in dispute - whenever I do something you personally don't agree with, you're right there to voice your opinion at my expense.

Also, whilst were on the subject of berating and belittling, let’s not forget the time you told people about my struggle with depression, and tried to use it as a weapon to get me dismissed from my position after your chatroom privileges were suspended for a lewd comment towards Sue, and account banned for your subsequent attacks upon my person. No definition of friendship that I know of includes actions like this.

- Allow to me explain what a moderator's duties should be Matthew. A moderator should be someone people can trust to make sound decisions, to make decisions that keep order in a non-baised manner. Your struggle with depression is not the reason I challenged your decisions - it was your ability to make sound decisions. You made judgements that made no sense whatsoever and I challenged those decisions with your superiors. You've proven to me you can't be trusted to do the right thing and maybe, just maybe, it's because you're not a guy with as sound a mind as you think you have. I would never use someone's mental handicaps against them - however when your put into a position of trust - where you can decide someone's lively hood and social life, you need to be trustworthy and in my eyes with my experience with you - that is not the case.

In fact I am so blatantly intimidated by you that I have taken great steps to avoid you at every cost and speak to you in a civil manner in the chatrooms. The fact is Matthew, it's not your depression its your judgement I question.

Additionally you selectively choose to leave out the mutliple times where I tried very hard to cheer you up when you were feeling down. The times I was there to talk to you when you needed a friend to listen. That doesn't matter in the public realm does it Matthew? It doesn't matter that I trusted you like a brother and you on mutliple times drove a knife into my back? You think I would take that kind of betrayal lying down? The fact you rule with a double standard belief that you can mock other members of KRO, kick them out of rooms, and all this other crap and brag about your "silver boot" in the chatroom - but if anyone dares to emulate your behavior - they're to blame while you get away scott free?

How do you justify being good friends in one window and the instant you get on KRO in a chatroom, you flaunt your power over me like a loaded gun? You talk down to people and boot them because it's some sort of "joke" but when others follow your lead - we get the blame for being out of line? Maybe you need to look at your own actions instead of using mine as a scapegoat to prove your superiority? You've made multiple mistakes and I have taken them up with your superiors and when they decided to side with you on issues I DID NOT agree with - I let it go. But here we are again, you trying to vilify me for whatever reason when I have given you NO REASON to do so. I've avoided you because of issues just like this - where you feel the need to get involved, find some fault with something I do, and pounce.

The fact you would use these kind of dirty politics against me to harm my business and my reputation is really low. You're telling a HALF TRUTH as you often do Matthew and you leave me no choice but to respond. Tell everyone BOTH SIDES of the discussion instead of discussing one side to make yourself look superior to me. You're the one using your mental illnesses as a weapon, not me. I have respected many of the secrets you told me and clearly that sacred trust has been broken. I kept my concerns about you behind closed doors but YOU AIRED THEM, you addressed them "head on". The things I kept secret, you've now confessed to the entire world. Your efforts to vilify me are appauling when at the end of the day this thread was something entirely positive - whether you agree with it or not.

The fact is, I can neither trust you as a moderator nor as a friend because all you do Matthew, all you really do these days is BRING ME PAIN.


The fact is that there is a pattern of behaviour associated with you, and given how many times you’ve stood by your statements, I feel it's finally time to address the situation head-on

- How you are approaching this is clearly more destructive than good - more so than you will ever allow yourself to understand. THIS THREAD WAS SOMETHING POSITIVE, POSITIVE and you've currupted it into a dispute between myself and the mods. You chose to destroy every ounce of good this post was meant to convey and because of that - you win Matthew, once again you make me look like the bad guy even in the face of doing something noble that you yourself would never do for others.

-Nick

User avatar
Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Manor

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:16 pm

1. Everybody join me: Breathe in... Breathe out... Nice and relaxed...

2. I know people love jumping in on hot-button topics like this. But if you're not also contributing to the regular discussions, well I have a big problem with that. One of you has already been warned about this privately by me.

3. I absolutely believe there is a lot of sincerity in Nick's post, and people who are mentioned in it should accept the compliments at face value.

Having said all that, I'll now address Nick directly:

You set the tone for your post right from the start by comparing it to an Academy Awards acceptance speech, a time when people are honored for their accomplishments. Regardless of what direction your message may have taken, that's the image YOU put in people's heads: the image of you being honored with an award. You have a history of seeking out praise, and every time you do someone calls you out for it. So it really should come as no surprise to you that some people would be bothered by your post.

- The statement about the academy awards was a joke. Anyone who knows me knows that I like to use humor and metaphors to keep things fun. I don't seek praise Michael, I seek some god given gratitude. There's a clear difference between wanting to be worshiped and wanting to be appreciated.

I'm afraid I'm not buying into this idea that the message was entirely full of pure intentions. You mention that "conditions were not met." That's an odd thing to deliberately put in there. You could have simply said "due to conditions beyond my control", but instead you specifically pointed out that conditions were not met. I don't know what conditions you are referring to, but it sounds like you're taking a subtle stab at either the Festival or Paul.

- There were conditions that were not met and those are not your concern. I personally witnessed people go above and beyond to help keep the event on track and successful - I chose to recognize those efforts.

And you are patting yourself on the back on the bit:
"your support of my efforts"
"push myself to new levels of artistic mastery"
"thanks for continuing to support the things that I do"
These are the type of comments by you that have been flagged before. You post them again, you get the same response. Again, there really should be no surprise here.

- Flagged by what? People who chose to do NOTHING? People who didn't come to event yet have the gull to critcize my contributions to it? Really? You're going to defend these actions? There was no need to flag anything - it was a POSITIVE POST. YOU and now MATTHEW chose to make it negative and people who did NOTHING for the event while I have done EVERYTHING I CAN for it since LAST JULY are the ones "flagging" anything - and why? For what purpose? Because they don't like what I chose to do while they sat back and did NOTHING ALL YEAR? They didn't attend, they didn't contribute anything positive?

I am not going to go line by line and sort out who was appropriate to thank and who was not. And that has nothing to do with my definition of "friendship"; you are not friends with the mayor of Las Vegas. Yet you thanked him and that's... well, odd. I am in no way saying that the mayor shouldn't be thanked or that it isn't a nice gesture, but it's unusual for someone other than the event organizer to do.[/i]

- Listen to yourself Michael? Really? You think it's wrong to thank the Mayor of Las Vegas for holding an event three times in his city? No, I don't know the Mayor personally but I had the integrity and the RESPECT to shake his hand and thank him in person for allowing us to celebrate our love for this show in his city. I will NOT accept this gestrure as negative. As for Paul, he and I have been working together on this show since the end of the last event. We have worked together on every aspect we could.

Do I deserve some credit for the success of Knight Rider Festival III? Yes, and you know why Michael and Matthew? Do you really want to know why? Because I branded the event, I promoted the event, I sent out emails to resolve matters that were believed unsalvagable because of disagreements between Paul and other members. I took it upon myself to convince the KOTWC to back the event not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES against whatever aspects of the event they didn't agree with. My Dad took it upon himself to finance my trip to the event all three years and in two of those years provide HIGH QUALITY t-shirts and posters. I sacraficed countless hours of design work to make KRF III as big as it could possibly be. I worked together with Gary Hunter to get Tom Day and his fantastic mustangs on board to get them to the event. I busted my ass harder than anyone on this board for that event and I sure as hell deserve to be at least thanked for the many, many, efforts I made behind the scenes to make KRF III happen in collaboration with Paul Casey. We were essentially a team on this venture - on every KRF, we have worked together for a greater good against every opposition including those of this community.

So when I felt like saying thank you to people that deserved to be thanked - I have every right in the world to do so. I nfact the comments on my Facebook already support that what I did was THE RIGHT THING TO DO because unlike here, people are actually THANKFUL that I took the time out of my schedule to recognize their efforts.

None of this matters to you right? You and others think its just Nick Nugent showing up to flaunt his VIP badge and talk about how great he is and sell people stuff they don't need right? You think for me it's just about saying guess what guys? I'm Nick Nugent and I matter - love me! You know what, that really sickens me to the core whe I have conveyed to you and others countless times that I use my "VIP" status to HELP PEOPLE.


Ask anyone who met me at any KR event, they will likely tell you that I treated them with respect. I went out of my way to give them as much time as possible and I try to resolve conflicts in a cordial and professional manner. I never push anyone to buy anything and I answer their questions no matter how many times they repeat them.

In fact you know what I get out of all the countless things I do for KRF? I get to get into the VIP party free. You realize Michael that in the time I have contirbuted to KRF, I have heard my name mentioned on stage maybe once or twice at most? You realise that at KRF III, with all the design work I did the only time I ever even heard my name mentioned was by Rebecca Holden in her Q&A and by Paul only when I had to walk up there and ask him to at least say the live auction signed poster was also signed by the guy who created it. I shouldn't have to do any of this. I've never asked to be on the Q&A panel and I will never consider myself as important as the "legends" of Knight Rider. I will however as an artist ask for some gratitude for the many, many, things that I DO. It is because of my efforts KRF has had the brand impact that is has, merchandise that it has (II/III) and so on. So when you see me putting on a VIP badge there, its because I'VE EARNED IT.

Here is the closest analogy I can come up with. Suppose I am invited to a large dinner party with a bunch of people I don't know very well. I might say to them "it was great seeing you" or "the dessert you brought was delicious". That would be my way of recognizing how happy I was that they showed up. But I would NOT say "thank you so much for coming." By saying that, it implies that I was somehow the one throwing the party. And that's the main issue people have with your post. It's not that we have a problem with you thanking people, but you wrote it very much as if you were in charge. That's how it comes across.

I'm sorry if you are offended or appalled. But perhaps you are the one who needs to try to understand where we're coming from.

- I understand where you are coming from and I do not agree with your viewpoint as I so clearly stated. You've chosen to embrace the destructive efforts of others and turn something that was positive into something negative and you further encouraged that negativity by not addressing the individuals who are clearly out of line and continue to be out of line that are blatantly insulting me time and time again.

You know the sharks are just waiting for me to go off on everyone and give you reasons to ban me - well I'm not going to do that. You asked questions, you made your points, hurtful as they are and I've addressed them


-Nick

User avatar
honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:51 am

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by honnziva » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:24 pm

I'll openly say something first. I have had the opportunity to speak to nick and become friends with him outside of this hobby. He's a great person with a tremendous passion and zeal for life, which has often been misconstrued within the confines of the forums. Now, I can say anything I want in defense of him and the reply will be almost automatic... He's been given seeeeveral chances/opportunities to make amends and fix his "behavior" on the forums. Which is completely true. However, I have to say, I read this, and I really don't know why anyone would want to turn this into thread bashing...

Nick knows he can be long winded at times, and many have told him as much. but beyond that, what the hell does it matter, he was thanking people, in the background if he was trying to get a "thanks" for making the festival more special, then so be it, why the hell does anyone care? If he was saying thank you to you as an individual, that's great, if not, then why bother making it negative. Its everyone's right to have an opinion, I don't want to take that from anyone here. But almost every time Nick posts, there is an immediate negative reaction, from certain members, they know who they are, and they don't like the guy, but that's personal and shouldn't be brought into every single thread he posts on.

Its the mod's job to protect all of its members, not just the ones that dont ever raise any kind of stink, or Red Flags. I'm not questioning anyone's mod authority, or anything like that. But as an observer who has just dont little things here and there around the hobby and fandom, I can tell you, this is really not a fair situation.

Like Nick, or Hate him, and Lord knows its obvious especially to him now, that there are people in both camps, Nick has done a lot for this community. Maybe we don't like that he asks for a thank you here and there, but then again, why shouldn't he get it? T-shirts, event branding for 3 straight years, from the posters, to the images that fly over head at freemont street, He has had a hand in them one way or another.

I'm just trying to say, look, if you don't like him, that's fine, but he's a person and he deserves the same respect you expect in return. That goes for Nick too, he knows he needs to treat people with respect, but again, read the first post, its a thank you, bottom line, a thank you. Everyone else took the opportunity to turn it into something more.

Thanks for reading guys!

Gene
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

magictorch
Recruit
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:53 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by magictorch » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:19 am

Again you choose to not even read my post and then reply with an oh im such a hurt little boy post

if you are a little boy who is lost and confused then please do not type like a superhero


I hope Mr Casey reads these posts and thinks wow this guy will actually put people off coming, is a Tshirt design and a poster worth all the fighting he causes

Again you hate the 2008 series as stated and everything it stands for and GOD help any persons here who actually like it, me included!

see this is what I do NOT understand, maybe its time to tweet Deanna Russo and Paul Campbell the threads to show them what a little boy you are

I hope your "friends" can talk you out of the hole you are so much in right now

User avatar
chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by chrisjones » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:19 am

Problem is, if he just took a moment to think for even just a second WHY this keeps happening year, after year, after year, maybe then this would all stop happening.
If he continues to belittle people, act like grand overload Nuggent online then be nothing more than a meek little sheep in person, constantly ASKING for respect rather than earning it quietly.
Yes your artwork is great and yes you have great skills but you don't have my respect for that as you feel you constantly have to ask for it like some expecting 5 year old.
You say you game me two chances, wrong! It was actually me that came TO YOU to clear the air in person for the good of the show you were attending at the time. The first time was no problem, you were actually a decent guy, the second time however... Boy oh boy did your true colours (colors if you like) show for all to wince at. You throw a paddy, a hissy fit, a cry for attention, and why? Because you didn't get the VIP treatment you felt you were entitled to. Out of interested were you listed as a VIP at KRFIII??
No-one owes you a thing. You choose to do the things you do, good and bad, be happy with the feeling of being involved and helping out without the whole 'oooh I'm an angry man you didn't kiss my ass' attitude. Just because (you claim) your 'your friendly' with someone connected to the show does not give you a golden pass to act the constant d*ck with no comebacks whatsoever!
Seriously that whole anger post about 'summer of secrets' because you felt not enough people played along.... That was a seriously stupid PR gaff right there. Imagine the head of Nintendo going on one of his forums and bashing the audience because not enough people played one of his games, crazy!
What happening here time after time is a little thing called cause and effect. The cause needs to either modify their effect or go find another hobby..... Although if I remember that was suggested BY THEM recently, ah but that was another attention seeking mechanism I guess.

Until this whole situation was made personal (and trust me, it wasn't I that started the name calling and personal insults) I was happy to keep shut..
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

User avatar
chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by chrisjones » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:39 am

Sorry the typos, the joys of android tablets lol

Oh and just another observation, 'fan relations representitive' guess who has that listed as their occupation!?
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

User avatar
Michael Pajaro
Advisor
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:51 am

magictorch wrote: maybe its time to tweet Deanna Russo and Paul Campbell the threads to show them what a little boy you are


Listen to me carefully. You, magictorch, are part of the problem. A big part. You want to tweet Deanna and Paul? I consider this to be "board business", and I wouldn't want the stars to see the petty squabbling that's gong on. It reflects poorly on all of us. You are so caught up against Nick that you are not thinking about what is best for KRO or the fandom.

And the reason I am singling you out is because you do not contribute to the forum. You exist here only to attack Nick. You are not offering observations, or opinions, you are just throwing out insults. I will not warn you again.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

User avatar
vampire knight
Rookie
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:45 am

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by vampire knight » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:06 am

I’m gonna have to say I don’t understand all the negativity here
I can see that Nick is a polarizing figure and I can certainly see how he rubs people the wrong way at times. He is often verbose and may even come off as depreciated and seeking recognition…recognition that some may feel is unwarranted. Is this really enough to call him out all time though? Some of you guys should ask yourselves what your vested interest is in all this? Do you guys choose to respond and confront Nick because you’re tired of him and if so have you ever just thought of ignoring him and not choosing to waste your time and emotions on someone you don’t necessarily care for?

I know for a fact that Nick has put a lot into these events over the years. It isn’t just the graphic work he has done, but he has done a lot in regards to actually running the show behind the scenes. In that regard I see no harm in Nick trying to take the time to thank people that he feels compelled to thank. He put in the work as well whether it was Paul Casey’s event or not. I see Nick as part of the staff/team that put on KRF, if so I see nothing wrong with a team member from the event thanking the people that attended or helped, in whatever capacity, whether moral support, physical labor, whatever it might be -- for making the show, what the show was. I don’t think Nick is trying to appropriate the event as his own.

At face value Nick is thanking people he feels have contributed in some way and that’s it. I don’t think people should try and read too much in to it. Yeah it was long, but so what? You guys already know how Nick is, it shouldn’t come as a surprise to you guys.

Dr. George Crane a famous psychologist once said "Appreciative words are the most powerful force for good will on earth." Just leave it as that, Nick is just showing his appreciation. No reason to be upset about it, especially if it doesn’t really concern you. I’ll provide another quote, Will Rogers once famously said: "I never met a man I didn't like." Basically he meant that he always found something to like in everyone. That you can find something to admire in anyone you meet. Take that lesson and instead of finding what you don’t like about someone like Nick, find something you do like about them and remember them by that instead of being negative.
As for the moderators, it’s a thankless job and it’s tough. I can certainly relate because I’m a mod myself at the Registries and a lot of you guys know drama that has transpired there in the past. Anyways I believe Mike was trying to play Devil’s Advocate more than anything else. I feel he was trying to relate to people possibly having a problem with Nick’s post; I don’t feel Mike truly has a problem with the subject matter. I think he just knew how others might react and it might cause a schism.

In the end everyone just relax =)

User avatar
chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by chrisjones » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:23 am

Out of interest, was he ever banned from registries?

Btw, Facebook, posting the link to this thread... NOT cool
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

User avatar
vampire knight
Rookie
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:45 am

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by vampire knight » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:43 am

There has never been a need to ban him on the Registries nor do I see one in the future. Don't do much banning there really.

User avatar
chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by chrisjones » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:47 am

Well that's a positive at least!
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

blackthorntk
Operative
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:52 pm
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by blackthorntk » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:37 am

magictorch wrote:Oh here we are again now thanking people for an event which IS NOT HIS?

As I read through the various look at me, I have big puppy dog eyes and I want you to love me threads, this one says it all to me

If you clearly stated in a response to me that it is NOT your event then why thank people for coming, you then post how much effort it was this year and exhausting, please explain to me in typed English what exactly was so exhausting, you did a poster a Tshirt design and a couple of trading cards and thats it!

If I was you, instead of making a big deal about leaving the hobby, I would sail your ship to the employment people and try find work and make a differnce by paying taxes lie everyone else

Captain Nick, this is my last post to you as you never clearly answer my questions, wear your VIP I am someone badge with pride

Im done

Hmm for chrisjones and especially magictorch you guys are super negative and why are you guys trying to throw your negativity towards others and downing something that is meant to be positive. Many people had there hands to do this KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL 3 to honor such a great show that has created a fantasy world of a super car that everyone loves. You probably a Fan on Knight Rider but you are jealous that you cant afford to buy either a Trans Am or a mustang to build your own car so you rant on upon others just for the fun of it to try to destroy the good that people bring to not just this forum or For future Knight Rider Festivals But the fact That you even Rant about it in such a negative manor suspect from hearing from the admins who also love Knight Rider allot and be prepared to be dealt with. As they wouldn't want any harm to happen to their favorite show trusty true loyal fans like Nick Nugent and the rest. He is just thanking all the people who had their hands in helping out with the Festival witch shows how true and a loyal fan you are to the T.V. Series of Knight Rider.
This is just my .o2 cents just keep it real and keep it nice fellas :D.

User avatar
Skav
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by Skav » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:40 am

magictorch wrote:Again you choose to not even read my post and then reply with an oh im such a hurt little boy post

if you are a little boy who is lost and confused then please do not type like a superhero


I hope Mr Casey reads these posts and thinks wow this guy will actually put people off coming, is a Tshirt design and a poster worth all the fighting he causes



he causes? Really? I think that's debatable. I'm not singling you out when saying that, either.

User avatar
chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by chrisjones » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:17 am

Bye
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

magictorch
Recruit
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:53 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by magictorch » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:44 am

the facts are all out there for you allm you CANNOT argue with FACT

There is no need to sling me out, simply remove my account as I see no part of me being in such a world, where one guy who SAYS he has a front door key to Glen Larson's can simply run circles round you all, I hope when and IF the time does come, that Nick DOES have all the info for you here on KRO


please remove my account I want no part of this, I cannot post alongside someone who in public supports a well known sexual preditor and copies someones hard work, adds photos and sells it as his own product

User avatar
MKnight1984
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:56 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by MKnight1984 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:57 am

So I'm gone from the forums for over a year and I come back to see this?? Wow... Does anybody in this country have a job anymore?? I mean let's be honest, who the he'll really cares?? How does this really impact your daily life?? I think a lot of the time Nick is misread... After all it's the Internet, there are no tones here, people can take anything anyone writes any way they want especially if they are not well versed in the English language... This site has gone from being a resource about the show to a Nick Nugent bash fest every time I want to look something up... I used to love this site... If you don't like the guy or can't stand him so much then just block him and you won't have to see what he posts anymore... Just my thoughts... And Nick those were some very nice sentiments that you had for everyone in your initial post... Keep reaching for that brass ring... I'm sure Mr. Casey appreciated what you had to say... In no way were you overstepping your bounds or were taking credit for anything... So how was the festival?? Did everyone who attended have a good time??

magictorch
Recruit
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:53 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by magictorch » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:20 am

Michael sorry before I log out, I was not meaning anything by that other than I hope that what has been posted all over the forums by Nick can not damage the hobby in anyway

User avatar
krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:55 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:42 am

MKnight1984 wrote:... So how was the festival?? Did everyone who attended have a good time??

I had a great time. I didn't get to meet everyone but there's always next year. Next year my wife and daughter are going with. I had Paul Campbell do a video for them on how they miss a great time and it came out great. I'm already working on the car, infact I brain started working before I got out of Vegas. Can't wait til 2012!!

I'm not one to cause any problems ( just ask my wife, she's always right) I just want to say lets move on. I hate going on the forum and seeing everyone fighting. I don't know Nick that well, but at the Festival I had a great time talking to him, buying my KRF3 stuff from him and gave him a ride in my KI3T. I also met Paul Casey and thank him for putting on a great show, we had a talk about me driving almost 1800 miles to the show and when I told him I was from Chicago, he said I'm sorry....Then we laughed. I also got to meet a lot of the people who helped put the show together (The Staff). Everyone was great to deal with. I do remember reading on here about that some of the KITT owners are stuck up or something like that... Well I have a 2009 Mustang KI3T. I am proud of what I have done and the same goes to everyone who put the time, money and hard work to honor a car from a show. I have a great time when I see pepole looking at my car, taking pictures or video taping the car. My brother told me that I was talking too much to people about the car. It wasn't being stuck up, its having a great time talking to fans and telling them all the stuff about the car, the show or anything. Some of my close friends are people that I met a carshow. I love talking about cars, Paul Campbell and I had a long talk about Hot Rods and our favorite cars. When people came up to me and said thank you for bring your car to the show, I said thank you, I didn't put on the show but I was part of it. Everyone that drove there car, The Staff, all the Guest that came, Paul Casey and all fans that came out to see this show from around the world, Thank You.. I say that because thats how everyone made me feel. If it wasn't for Paul Casey putting on the show, I would have never met so many great people that I now call my friends.

User avatar
MKnight1984
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:56 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by MKnight1984 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:54 am

I wish I could have made it this year... I'm determined to go next year!!! I'm gonna make it happen lol... Sounds like it was a good time... @krkitt1 Other than your own car what other mustangs made you drop your jaw?? Lol... Sounds like Knight 3000 owners are coming out of the wood work lol...

User avatar
krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:55 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:25 pm

MKnight1984 wrote:@krkitt1 Other than your own car what other mustangs made you drop your jaw?? Lol... Sounds like Knight 3000 owners are coming out of the wood work lol...

I would have to say the 3 screen used Mustangs. It help me see what I need to do to mine to make it as close as the real thing. All the cars-Trans Am's and Mustang's were great to see. It was cool seeing the KITT dashes in the Trans Am's , what a work of art.

User avatar
Michael Pajaro
Advisor
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:12 pm

magictorch wrote:please remove my account I want no part of this, I cannot post alongside someone who in public supports a well known sexual preditor and copies someones hard work, adds photos and sells it as his own product


Magictorch is temporarily banned. Again, he was singled out because when someone has 10 posts and 9 of them are used to attack another member, that's a clear sign that they are not really interested in being part of the community. I warned him privately, I warned him publicly, and he didn't care.

I get the feeling that people are running around screaming "OMG! KRO is going to ban Nick for thanking people at the festival!" Well I for one have no intention of banning Nick. At least not yet anyway. But the "thank you" message is really not the main issue, it was just a catalyst. The issue with Nick is that when he gets into conflict, he lets his anger resonate. So we wind up with this:

"we don't like it when you pat yourself on the back."
"well I deserve to pat myself on the back because of this and this"
"see? you're patting yourself on the back! We don't like that!"

And it just feeds upon itself and we wind up where we are now.

There is one comment though that I think we should all be concerned about:

victor kros wrote:- And this comminity was barely on blip on a Knight Rider radar before I came here. You had no video messages with cast/crew, you had no established logo that appeared on other sites, if there is one fact that no one will dispute - it's that my influence good or bad expanded the world of Knight Rider between the cast/crew and its fans on a level never reached before - that is a FACT. In the last FIVE YEARS, I have worked endlessly to make Larson aware of this site's existance.


Well, we were a pretty big blip. The online community did some amazing things before Nick joined in. We had gatherings with Patricia McPherson and Rebecca Holden, Don Peake, Stu Philips... Hasslehoff's official site copied our home page to link back to us, Universal home video was sending us DVDs to review and give away, Davilex gave us promotional copies of their games... And then of course that led to unprecedented access to the cast and crew of the new series. Also, Nick came on the scene about 3.5 years ago, not 5 as he implies, and Neil and I were scrambling to report breaking news of Team Knight Rider FOURTEEN years ago.

Nobody is claiming Nick has not contributed - significantly, mind you - to the fandom. But he joined a hard-working, passionate community that already had accomplished some amazing things. And I know we will continue to do even more.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

User avatar
chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by chrisjones » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Well said, you guys were around long before and long may it continue :-)
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

User avatar
MKnight1984
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:56 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by MKnight1984 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Excellent words Michael... @krkitt1: take any good pics of the interior of the screen used cars?? My biggest gripe growing up was that threes wasn't too many pics floating around for me to look at the interior of the Knight 2000... I also always wondered about the placement of SPM button haha... FYI sorry for the typos and grammatical incorrectness of some of my posts, I'm on my iPad and it's not the best to use on this site lol...

User avatar
chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:53 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by chrisjones » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:13 pm

MKnight1984 wrote:Excellent words Michael... @krkitt1: take any good pics of the interior of the screen used cars?? My biggest gripe growing up was that threes wasn't too many pics floating around for me to look at the interior of the Knight 2000... I also always wondered about the placement of SPM button haha... FYI sorry for the typos and grammatical incorrectness of some of my posts, I'm on my iPad and it's not the best to use on this site lol...


Whilst I appreciate your trying to lighten the tone, there is actually a few threads full of pictures etc.. :good:
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Post Reply