Will there be a season 2 of Knight Rider?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

upserond
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Will there be a season 2 of Knight Rider?

Post by upserond » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:41 am

hi everybody i dont find where to write. i heard that knight rider 2009 filming ended, is that true? is there will be season two or not? :/

Vincent
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Will there be a season 2 of Knight Rider?

Post by Vincent » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:23 pm

upserond wrote:hi everybody i dont find where to write. i heard that knight rider 2009 filming ended , is that true? is there will be season two or not? :/
No, there will be no Season Two of Knight Rider G2. The cast have all moved on to other things, and the studios have been dismantelled. That show, is over.

As for why Knight Rider TOS ended at season four. There were a number of reasons. First, by season four, they were running out of original ideas, and had to resort to effectively repeating past episodes, a trend that started with the season three finale, "Circus Knight". This resulted in it having more bad episodes than good ones, though thankfully, it did have a few gems. i.e. "Scent of Roses".

Two, by the fourth season, the show had become long in the tooth, and the Trans-Am was beginning to look rather dated, the SPM (Super Pursuit Mode) that was introduced in the season four premier "Knight of the Juggernaught" was an attempt to refresh it to keep the show going. It didn't really work.

Three, the show was expensive to produce and could only keep going if the budget was there to allow it, which would only happen if the ratings remained high. By season four, it was slipping down the charts, from consistant top 20 to the 50's.

All this convinced NBC to pull the plug on it when they had enough hours of footage to put the show into syndication, and the first dream was over. Unfortunately, all attempts to revive the series have effectively failed. We can only hope that Glen A Larson can have his Motion Picture produced, and his revival of the Legend will succeed. It's in his hands now, and that of the fanbase who have never given up on the World of the Knight Rider.

Vince

:dash4: