Knight 2000 SPM Matsushiro 1987 reverse fault?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

mazza
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight 2000 SPM Matsushiro 1987 reverse fault?

Post by mazza » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi guys

New to the forum from the UK and glad to be here :)

I got a friend who has a Knight 2000 SPM mode Matsushiro 1987. Its the one with the big massive chin spoiler. I recalled it had a unusual problem where it goes faster in reverse then it does going forward. some reading shows its do to with ESC on hobby RC cars but this is bone stock.
But is there anyway to fix this? I am just worried that its going to be one of those motors where its solder on to and cant be replaced. I am trying to see if we can find it since its been more then 10+ plus years. Its one those things that you forget and put it "somewhere" and never talk about it....until now :)

Its this a common problem? I remember my bro having a few of these as a kid and he had issues including sensitive analogue throttle where it twitches the steering only in slow speeds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Mazza

mazza
Stranger

Re: Knight 2000 SPM Matsushiro 1987 reverse fault?

Post by mazza » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:22 pm

Anyone?
Just got hold of. The problem is, its not a speed issue. The RC car is very twitchy and sensitive. It keeps wanting to go in reverse every time you switch the remote control. But if you move it forward and keep a constant speed, its fine.

aussie muscle
Recruit

Re: Knight 2000 SPM Matsushiro 1987 reverse fault?

Post by aussie muscle » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:08 pm

mazza wrote:Anyone?
Just got hold of. The problem is, its not a speed issue. The RC car is very twitchy and sensitive. It keeps wanting to go in reverse every time you switch the remote control. But if you move it forward and keep a constant speed, its fine.
sounds like an electrical fault with the forward/reverse controller. it's probably age related and probably needs carbon to be cleaned off the bushes. sorry i can't help directly, but consider this a free bump.