K.I.T.T. definately rules but....

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

midniterider
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

K.I.T.T. definately rules but....

Post by midniterider » Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:45 pm

let's not forget Doc Brown's Delorean from Back to the Future!! Although not AI like the Knight Industries Two Thousand (KITT), you can't slam a car that travels through time!

chrisebourg
Operative

Re: K.I.T.T. definately rules but....

Post by chrisebourg » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:51 pm

midniterider wrote:let's not forget Doc Brown's Delorean from Back to the Future!! Although not AI like the Knight Industries Two Thousand (KITT), you can't slam a car that travels through time!
Yes, Back to the Future featured a cool car. I am sure though that KITT could be programmed to "time travel" as well.

The new episode would be called - Back to Knight Rider" :D

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:31 am

chrisebourg wrote: The new episode would be called - Back to Knight Rider" :D
Or how about "Knight Ride To The Future" . . . ?!?

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:06 am

i had an idea for a plot wat if michael was in super pursuit mode flooring it wen all of a sudden the person he chases takes a sharp left and michael would be coming towards a nuclear power plant and the emergency braking system wasnt working due an emp fired from the high tec bad guys that their chasing so michael does the only thing 2 be able 2 miss it due 2 it being a very sharp turn wich going 300+ MPH would be hard 2 make and he hits turbo boost wich gives him an extra burst of speed that sends him into the air flying over the nuclear power plant wen all of a sudden the surrounding start 2 change and then kitt begins 2 land in wat was a dessert but now was a lake! after kitt lands michael cant get him out of the water and the 3rd stage aquatic synthesizer wouldnt work either due 2 the emp. so michael has 2 leave 2 find some one 2 help him get kitt out of the lake. so michael walks a few miles and finds him self in a very different world a world that was non poluting,crime free, and wear evry car has a AI CPU built in.so michael now wouldnt feel so strange in this place. michael then goes 2 buy the news paper and it says Los Angeles, California September 16,2035.the rest i havent thought of but i will continue and it will be a 2 part episode which i am going 2 write.
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:48 am

knightrider2004--dude, take a deep breath cuz I think you just expelled most of the oxygen from your lungs with that incredibly long first sentence. LOL Next time try using a period or two to break up your sentence so that it's not so hard to read. ;-) Other than that, sounds like an interesting plot. You obviously have a very active imagination!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

midniterider
Recruit

time travel

Post by midniterider » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:57 pm

I think K.I.T.T. would first need Doc Brown's secret of the flux capacitor.

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:27 pm

DJGM wrote:
chrisebourg wrote: The new episode would be called - Back to Knight Rider" :D
Or how about "Knight Ride To The Future" . . . ?!?
Yup, that could also be an idea... One Man and his time travelling car, can make a difference - in the Future!

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:54 pm

K.I.T.T. definantly rules but.. HE WASNT FITTED WITH A COFFEE MAKER!
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:12 pm

The "Back to the Future" care is pretty nice, but that car can't have witty conversations. That car can't jump over an 18 wheeler! The list can go on!

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:16 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:K.I.T.T. definantly rules but.. HE WASNT FITTED WITH A COFFEE MAKER!
or a chandelier (spelling?) or dressing room with steamer ;) lol!
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

midniterider
Recruit

airwolf

Post by midniterider » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:23 pm

I don't know if anyone realizes it, but Airwolf has a coffee maker fitted on the outside of the fuselage. After you land, just pop open a little door and viola! Coffee!

:D

knightman
Operative

Post by knightman » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:06 am

they should have given kitt cup holders....

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:06 am

Between the 2, I am a bigger fan of KITT, but the DeLorean comes in a close second. Presently, I own 5 1:18 Scale DeLorean's from Sun Star. They include the 1981 LK, 1981 LK Gold Edition, and from Back To The Future, the DeLorean from Part 1 and 2 versions of the Delorean from Part 2. The upcoming Back To The Future Part 3 Delorean with white-wall tires (November 2004) will be a welcome addition to my Delorean collection. There are also rumours of a second version Part 3 version which will have the DeLorean fitted with train-track wheels.

Besides that, I have 1:18 scale versions of the General Lee (Ertl), the Ecto-1 (Ertl) and Burton Batmobile (Hot Wheels). Eventually, I hope to add the 'Startsky & Hutch' Ford Grand Torino (Ertl), 'Flintstones' "Flintmobile" (Ertl), 'Herbie, The Love Bug' (Johnny Lightning) and the 'Smokey & The Bandit' 1977 Pontiac Trans AM (Ertl)

I look EXTREMELY forward to starting my Knight Rider collection!!!
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

kitt-x
Rookie

Post by kitt-x » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:06 am

I just saw my first Delorean in person this past weekend. There was one at a local show that I attended and it was in great condition. They are cool looking cars and I love the gull wing doors.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:11 am

Personally, I've always loved the DeLorean as much as the Trans Am. Here are the abilities (as many as I can think of) of both cars by comparison:

Knight 2000 Vs. DeLorean DMC 12

K.I.T.T.- Has a vast array of defensive weapons

DeLorean- Has the ability to travel through time

K.I.T.T.- Can Turbo Boost over obstacles

DeLorean- Can fly over anything (Back To the Future Part II)

K.I.T.T.- Has advanced artificial intelligence

DeLorean- Has remote control hookup (Back To the Future Part I)

K.I.T.T.- Has the ability to drive himself

DeLorean- Has stainless steel exterior making it tougher than an average car, as well as being an ideal material for flux dispursal (time travel)

K.I.T.T.- Has the Molecular Bonded Shell making him virtually indestructable

DeLorean- Can travel to speeds at least over 90mph

K.I.T.T.- Can travel to speeds of over 300mph and alter his configuration into Super Pursuit Mode

DeLorean- Contains "Mr. Fusion" (fusion generator) able to convert any matter into fuel (Back To the Furture Parts II & III) but primarily runs on gasoline as mentioned in Back To the Future Part III
(in part I, Doc Brown stated the DeLorean didn't run on regular unleaded gasoline and required plutonium, yet in part III, Doc Brown says the internal combustion has always ran on regular gasoline despite the conversion of "Mr. Fusion")

K.I.T.T.- Runs on liquid hydrogen and can contain enormously large amounts of fuel at a time before needing to be refilled

DeLorean- Contains Time Circuits & Flux Capacitor

K.I.T.T.- Contains computer monitor(s), computer print out ability, ability to tap into computer databases, navigation system, analyzer which can detect various information depending on the object placed inside

All in all, due to K.I.T.T.'s countless defensive weapons, speeds, invulnerablity, artificial intelligence, his abilities outweigh the DeLorean's. The DeLorean holds its own, but not enough to win.

Winner: K.I.T.T.!!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:47 pm

I like Kitt and Herbie about the same but for different reasons. I seem to like cars that are magical or "alive " in a sense.

Becky[/quote]

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:23 pm

For me there is nothing better that KITT. I would love to make a replicar of him, but I don't see that happening until I am about 60. *lol*

My all time favorite show is this one. Can you tell?

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Re: airwolf

Post by knightendo » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:04 pm

midniterider wrote:I don't know if anyone realizes it, but Airwolf has a coffee maker fitted on the outside of the fuselage. After you land, just pop open a little door and viola! Coffee!

:D
and didn't it make the SMALLEST cups of coffee??? dom hardly got his finger through that handle lol!

speaking of that episode... i have my suspicions of what he did to get out of that cockpit and past those lions lol... u? ;)
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:12 am

I couldn't stop laughing at that part. *lol* Him talking to the lions....

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:28 am

"Niiiiiiice kitty.... why don't you go and lay down in the shade somewhere, huh? Gotta be hot out there in the sun. It's hot outta the sun. I can't run the air conditioner 'cause it'll run down the batteries. If I run down the batteries I can't start the... AGH! You don't care, do ya?! 'Course you don't care! O SURE!! GO ON! GO ON! GO AHEAD, LAY DOWN!! THAT'S IT, GO ON, TAKE OVER! SURE, CALL A FEW OF YOUR PALS!! THROW A LITTLE... aaarrrGGHHH!!!"

ROFL!! :D :D

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:38 pm

ROTFLMAO*

I remember telling off my sister to be quiet so I could record that episode on cassette. Actually I have that and one other episode on cassette. *thinks* so how come I don't have any Knight Rider episodes on cassette? Hmmm....

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:01 pm

KFCreator wrote:knightrider2004--dude, take a deep breath cuz I think you just expelled most of the oxygen from your lungs with that incredibly long first sentence. LOL Next time try using a period or two to break up your sentence so that it's not so hard to read. ;-) Other than that, sounds like an interesting plot. You obviously have a very active imagination!
:D What can you say, he loves KR as we all do!!!

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:02 pm

KnightRiderGirl wrote:The "Back to the Future" care is pretty nice, but that car can't have witty conversations. That car can't jump over an 18 wheeler! The list can go on!
You know your K.I.T.T. cars :)

chrisebourg
Operative

Re: airwolf

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:04 pm

[quote="midniterider"]I don't know if anyone realizes it, but Airwolf has a coffee maker fitted on the outside of the fuselage. After you land, just pop open a little door and viola! Coffee!

:D[/quote

Next thing you know, you'll start seeing cars with microwaves and small coolers and stoves and.....

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:45 pm

Close, there's a BMW model that has a built in small refridgerator near the rear seats.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: