Debate: KARR HAD a license Plate in TDR

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

hot_knight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Debate: KARR HAD a license Plate in TDR

Post by hot_knight » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:34 pm

I was just watching TDR and i have hooked my dvd player up to my computer. ANYWAYS..... I noticed that towards the end KARR DOES have a license plate it appears. Although its not very clear and its dark it appears he has a KARR plate.

Your thought..............

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:43 pm

Yeah, i saw it too

he was envy of K.I.T.T's :wink:

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:45 pm

Maybe he had Bonnie registar him with the DMV

LMFAO

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:47 pm

In other scenes he has no plate, and if I remember correctly, there's a scene where he crashes through a wall and you can catch a glimpse of K.A.R.R. with a Nevada plate like K.I.T.T. had in a scene of "Knight Of the Phoenix."
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

SPEEDBREAKER
Recruit

Post by SPEEDBREAKER » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:22 am

In the book Rev stole a plate from another car.So not to be bugged buy the cops.

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:29 am

Nice

Thanx Speedbreaker

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:47 am

it looks like KARR had the 'knight' plate in TDR, just that someone spray painted over it in black..notice on the closeup shot of the plate that there is what looks like jumbled little yellow writing on the top of the plate, which could have stood for 'california'.....this is my guess.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:11 pm

Those captures look pretty bad to be from DVD. Can anyone get a capture from the DVD from a DVD-ROM? I would try but I am at work and my set is at home.

-Steve

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:17 pm

One correction to make, I said there's a scene where K.A.R.R. crashes through a wall and you can catch a glimpse of a Nevada plate, I watched it again and the glimpse is of K.I.T.T.'s plate. As for K.A.R.R.'s plate, it looks like there's a licence plate blackout covering the words 'California KARR'. The word on the bottom doesn't look long enough to say 'Knight'. Even on DVD it's really tough to see though.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:21 pm

Maybe K.A.R.R.'s plate turned all dim and dark from dirt and mold during his incarceration, then after 2 years in the sand, the sun and salt water bleached his scanner and the plate lighter.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:34 pm

Damn, forgot to say also that in "Trust Doesn't Rust," K.A.R.R. says that "the fiber-optics in my scanners have suffered a 20% reduction in opacity" which can further suggest that his scanner faded more during the 2 years in the sand.

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:16 pm

KnightCrusader99 wrote:Those captures look pretty bad to be from DVD. Can anyone get a capture from the DVD from a DVD-ROM? I would try but I am at work and my set is at home.

-Steve

Have fun trying. But dvd players USUALLY dont allow you too. And also those pictures were from my tv card from my dvd player and the image isnt as clear because its a compressed jpg.

Thank you drive through please.

coach41
Recruit

Re: Debate: KARR HAD a license Plate in TDR

Post by coach41 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:39 pm

You know, considering George Lucas went crazy with his "special editions" of Star Wars, I'm surprised Glen Larson didn't just "tinker" with TDR slightly and make the scanner yellow and add the license plate :D

I'm half joking, but it sure would have cleaned up a lot of the continuity between TDR and Kitt vs Karr. :)

hot_knight wrote:I was just watching TDR and i have hooked my dvd player up to my computer. ANYWAYS..... I noticed that towards the end KARR DOES have a license plate it appears. Although its not very clear and its dark it appears he has a KARR plate.

Your thought..............

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Re: Debate: KARR HAD a license Plate in TDR

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:05 am

coach41 wrote:I'm half joking, but it sure would have cleaned up a lot of the continuity between TDR and Kitt vs Karr.
During the making of Trust Doesn't Rust, I don't think Universal ever planned on KARR making another appearance in the series. After all, they did make KARR plunge to his death over a cliff and he exploded after impact. When Universal realized how that episode did well with the viewers, then that was the time they wrote another script with KARR making a comeback. Pretty hard thing to do when it was apparent that KARR was totally finished in the end of TDR.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:55 am

Maybe the script for that episode might clear things up a bit as to if they intended K.A.R.R. to have a plate in "Trust Doesn't Rust" and what it says on it if he does?

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:09 pm

After watching the DVD on my computer and fiddling with the settings, I found that my DVD software PowerDVD has built in screen capture for any DVD or VCD that plays on it. I looked at it really closely and found that the plate infact says nothing. It is a big yellow rectangle without letters, other than the "California". I will post the capture as soon as I get done with my homework, I don't have time to fiddle around at the moment with my server.

-Steve

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:53 pm

KnightCrusader99 wrote:After watching the DVD on my computer and fiddling with the settings, I found that my DVD software PowerDVD has built in screen capture for any DVD or VCD that plays on it. I looked at it really closely and found that the plate infact says nothing. It is a big yellow rectangle without letters, other than the "California". I will post the capture as soon as I get done with my homework, I don't have time to fiddle around at the moment with my server.

-Steve
Sweet man can't wait.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:54 am

Wow, very interesting, post that thing soon man, it's a tease :lol: I'd still like to know if the script for the episode sheds any light on this subject. If anything about a plate is in it, I doubt it says K.A.R.R.'s licence plate reads "California (rectangle)." :D

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:53 am

Okay sorry about the long delay in the posting. I couldn't get my FTP server off campus to hook up with my computer here in the dorm, but I finally got it uploaded...

This image is straight from the DVD as a capture. I would zoom up on it but I lack the appropriate software at the moment to enlarge it. (Had to reinstall XP Monday after it crashed.) You can tell it is just a square with I full screen it on my monitor, hopefully you guys can see it too.

-Steve

hot_knight
Rookie

Post by hot_knight » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:46 pm

cant see nothing.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:06 pm

I turned up the brightness and contrast on my monitor to see it, yet still can't quite see it clearly. The picture quality of this shot definately makes it a little bit easier to see, but a zoom in is still definately needed. It seems as if the shot has a bit of motion blur on it as well, for the clearest possible effect maybe a still shot could be snapped a split second before K.A.R.R. goes into reverse.

Davenport
Volunteer

Post by Davenport » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:57 am

Lost Knight wrote:I turned up the brightness and contrast on my monitor to see it, yet still can't quite see it clearly. The picture quality of this shot definately makes it a little bit easier to see, but a zoom in is still definately needed. It seems as if the shot has a bit of motion blur on it as well, for the clearest possible effect maybe a still shot could be snapped a split second before K.A.R.R. goes into reverse.

After reading this thread, I watched (or at least skimmed through) TDR on my computer, and the capture shown above is the clearest shot of K.A.R.R.'s license plate. Even when you bring it into Photoshop, zoom, adjust contrast, sharpen, etc., a blob is all you can ever get. I don't think there's any way to see what the license plate says (or once said).

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:28 pm

Yup, I saved the pic to my comp and tried all of those to get a clearer shot, being I just got a new computer it made me discover all types of cool features I can do with pictures now, however nothing really worked. And all zooming in does is make it look more pixelated.

Once again that's why I am curious to see if anything is mentioned in the original script for TDR about K.A.R.R. having supposed to have a licence plate and what it says! :?