My Girlfriend Hates Knight Rider

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

My Girlfriend Hates Knight Rider

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:19 am

I know I haven't posted here in awhile. Sorry comrades, but I'm coming back! But anyway, to start things off. I just want to say, I just can't believe my girlfriend hates Knight Rider. I mean I was shocked when I found out. She's the firts person I ever met that really didn't like the show. She also thinks its very boring, she said it even nearly put her to sleep one time. She hates Knight Rider, and refuses to even watch the show, or have anything to do with it. Now me, being a lifelong fan, this does distress me a little bit. But not too much. But its really hard to try to watch the show, or express being a fan. I do want to get a Knight Rider shirt, and even though she will let me. She's not very comfortable about it. But what I just don't get, is why she just hates the show so incredibly much. I though Knight Rider had something for everyone? And how can anyone not like Kitt!!?? Well, I just wanted to share this with my fellow fans, and get it off my chest. But I just don't understand.. I do know she probably wouldn't be very comfortable with me getting a Kitt replica, or probably wouldn't even allow me to get one. Or, she probably would allow let me get one, but would just refuse to ride in it, yes she's THAT stubborn. I'm sure she'd consider it a complete total waste of money. But I've always wanted one, ever since I was little.

Dome
Rookie

Post by Dome » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:27 am

I can't take your girlfried serious!

No no just kidding.

If she doesn't like it, you can not do anything.
It is not a must to like Knight Rider.
As long as you like it, watch it, don't care about other people's opinions.

I am sure there are some series or movies you hate! that is ok

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:29 am

probably an ex boyfriend liked it a LOT and so she made herself hate it because he hurt her in the past. girls do that kind of thing

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:49 am

And if you want to buy things, KR, then don't let anyone stop you, even if it's your gf.

I sure wouldn't.

You are entitled to like and buy what you want, don't care what others think.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:24 am

"Well, its either Knight Rider or re-runs of Dallas. Your choice."

That would quiet her down. :twisted:

UKKnightRiderFan
Volunteer

Post by UKKnightRiderFan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:26 am

My girl actually LOVES Knight Rider, however it's my fault she does lol. I'm the one that got her into it and we've been together a year and 5 months

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:28 am

Sith wrote:"Well, its either Knight Rider or re-runs of Dallas. Your choice."

That would quiet her down. :twisted:
And what's wrong with Dallas, may I ask? :P

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:42 am

Dump her and get a new girl 8)

82TransAm
Recruit

Post by 82TransAm » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:17 am

Here is a thought... Ask her why she hates it so much.

Granted not every person will love every show, (I mean I deplore that stupid friends show)

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:18 pm

Yeah my girlfriend liked it too.Since she hadn't seen the show before i showed here a epsiode i liked and she liked K.I.T.T personalty and thought David Hasseloff was hot.So maybe just sit down with her a good episode.If that doesn't do it just go on.She likes her shows and you like your tv shows.Both of you really don't actually have to like everything you like to watch on tv.

Good luck. 8)

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:19 pm

Skav wrote:And what's wrong with Dallas, may I ask?
How long you got? :P lol

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:26 pm

It's OK if your girlfriend doesn't like Knight Rider, so long as she's OK with the fact that YOU like it. But if she won't "allow" you to get a T-shirt, there are bigger issues than just her dislike of the show.

In high school my girlfriend (who didn't like the show) bought me the Knight Rider board game and even played - I was very mad that she won :( .
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

ocAdamR
Recruit

Post by ocAdamR » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:56 pm

You realize that you're going to be spending a lot of time alone (or at least without her) when the DVD's come out, don't you?

Get it together Michael Knight... You know what you need to do.

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:12 pm

Skav wrote:And if you want to buy things, KR, then don't let anyone stop you, even if it's your gf.

I sure wouldn't.

You are entitled to like and buy what you want, don't care what others think.

Skav
I couldn't agree more. Unless your love for Knight Rider is really cuttin' in on her time with you, she shouldn't complain and certainly can't stop you. I'm sure you don't like hearing about purses and shoes and whatever other girls like to blab about, so it balances out, wouldn't ya say? :)

If she's making that much of an issue of it, then I'd say bye bye. You and your fasvorite show are a package deal - take it or leave it! But then again, that's just me :P Good luck with whatever happens

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:13 pm

If that's how she feels, there's nothing you can do. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Not everyone is going to share the same interests. That's life. Besides, sometimes it's nice to be able to have something to enjoy and epxerience for yourself.

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:15 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:It's OK if your girlfriend doesn't like Knight Rider, so long as she's OK with the fact that YOU like it. But if she won't "allow" you to get a T-shirt, there are bigger issues than just her dislike of the show.

In high school my girlfriend (who didn't like the show) bought me the Knight Rider board game and even played - I was very mad that she won :( .
I agree. If someone has that much of a problem with a television show, then she has other problems that need to be dealt with. As I said in my other post, I don't think the situation is a big deal. Everyone has things they like or dislike. Knight Rider is no exception. As long as she doesn't mind you watching when she's not around, then there's no reason to be concerned.

The Real Michael Knight
Operative
Location: Championing the cause of the innocent, the helpess, the powerless

Post by The Real Michael Knight » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:41 pm

All right fellow Knightheads, the big thing that really distresses is not that she hates the show. Its just, this is one more thing for me to add to my list of interests that we don't share. I mean seriously, its weird, we're a couple, yet we share hardly of our common interests, politically we don't share the shame beliefs also, ugh we've clashed on that plenty of times. And plenty of other personal things too. I guess for video games its all right, I mean we will usually play the same games together. But one thing that bugs me, is I'm very tolerant to her interests. Like we'll sit down and I'll watch her TV shows with her. (And she cannot miss an episode of her favorite shows, I'll tell you that) But when I want to watch a show I like, its always a stern "No." I don't get that. I mean for the lady members here, can you vouch for that? I mean are women just like that? *lol* But anyway, I just wish she would show me the same courtesy I show her plenty of times. And I don't mind at all watching thw shows she likes, I mean some of them can be pretty interesting. But. it just doesn't seem fair to me you know? I don't know, do you think I should talk to her about it?

EDIT: A thought just occured to me. What if when she was a little girl some family member of her's really liked the show and forced her to watch it with them? I mean she said she does remember seeing a couple of episodes as a kid. Maybe thats what happened? And maybe thats why she won't let me watch any of my shows with her, maybe she's afraid I'll become the same way? I'm going to talk to her about it.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:36 pm

Heehee, I bet the writers of Knight Rider never expected something like this to come of their work :)

Well, anyway, I wish you luck and I hope it all works out.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KARR 2004
Recruit

Post by KARR 2004 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:44 pm

The Real Michael Knight wrote:All right fellow Knightheads, the big thing that really distresses is not that she hates the show. Its just, this is one more thing for me to add to my list of interests that we don't share. I mean seriously, its weird, we're a couple, yet we share hardly of our common interests, politically we don't share the shame beliefs also, ugh we've clashed on that plenty of times. And plenty of other personal things too. I guess for video games its all right, I mean we will usually play the same games together. But one thing that bugs me, is I'm very tolerant to her interests. Like we'll sit down and I'll watch her TV shows with her. (And she cannot miss an episode of her favorite shows, I'll tell you that) But when I want to watch a show I like, its always a stern "No." I don't get that. I mean for the lady members here, can you vouch for that? I mean are women just like that? *lol* But anyway, I just wish she would show me the same courtesy I show her plenty of times. And I don't mind at all watching thw shows she likes, I mean some of them can be pretty interesting. But. it just doesn't seem fair to me you know? I don't know, do you think I should talk to her about it?

EDIT: A thought just occured to me. What if when she was a little girl some family member of her's really liked the show and forced her to watch it with them? I mean she said she does remember seeing a couple of episodes as a kid. Maybe thats what happened? And maybe thats why she won't let me watch any of my shows with her, maybe she's afraid I'll become the same way? I'm going to talk to her about it.
I would definitely have a talk with her about it. I don't mean to be negative, but this almost seems as though it may be the symptom of a much larger problem. It's never a good thing if your girlfriend isn't willing to show you the same courtesy that you show her. I hope everything works out for you, though. This is obviously something that's important to you, so I hope that you're able to resolve the situation.

UKKnightRiderFan
Volunteer

Post by UKKnightRiderFan » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:00 am

On a lighter note, I hate shopping (unless its for something I want) but I still tolerate my girl going round all the girlie shops, I just stand outside or wander off into HMV or Virgin lol. And I can't stand UK soaps and yet we still watch them together, the only thing she doesn't tolerate is the Superman movies.

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:11 am

8) I, myself don't have a girlfriend and have never had one. :cry: However - In response to the comment about Dallas - I happen to love the theme song but didn't care too much for the shop. Nothing personal just my opinion. 8)

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:15 pm

I HATE FRIENDS ALSO .

NOT ALL THAT HYPE !!!!

And joe is the only funny person .

Anyways . Im in an almost same situation with my 14 yr old brother , he hates knight rider , but not that much . everytime he sees me watch the show he just laughs at me, or when kitt does a turbo boost he just laughs at kitt .

the only thing he likes its kitts jokes , and his speedometer's (the flicking sounds also)

UKKnightRiderFan
Volunteer

Post by UKKnightRiderFan » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:11 pm

I've just realised. Although my gf likes Knight Rider as much as I do, she hates He-Man (original series from 1983). If I watch it she just rolls her eyes and comes online lol.

beatle64
Recruit

Post by beatle64 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:26 pm

My wife will tolerate KR sometimes. She is more into Dukes in Hazzard. (But yet we get along fine.) but that is why we have 3 rooms, 3 tv's, 3 dvd players. That way I can watch KR in peace.