If KITT gets redesigned like this car, then....

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

If KITT gets redesigned like this car, then....

Post by knightdriver » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:02 pm

This is the new batmobile for the upcoming film.

Can anyone say ughhhh. What where they thinking.
Just when you thought Joel Screwmacher was ruining the franchise.

If KITT gets a makeover like this, we can kiss a new show goodbye.....

Brian - Knightdriver.com

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:14 pm

This seems to be everywhere today! Michael just posted about this in the Lounge, (http://bb.knightrideronline.com/viewtopic.php?t=4358) but let me repeat some of my comments from that thread...

I'm torn on it, it looks a little to granola for my tastes, and not the high tech gadgetry that we are used to. However, this is supposed to be a year one story line, where Batman is first starting out, and by all accounts it looks like they are going all out; and I think it works well along those lines. In the comics and I believe in the movies, Batman created alot of his gadgets, refining and reworking them during the years, when he first started everything has to be a lesser quality than we are used to.

It does look a little too Mad Max. It has the jet on the back, so I'm hoping it will go alot faster than it looks. If it goes slow, that's just insane...

Has anyone here actually read the Year One comic series? How does the film vehicle related to the comic based one? Are they staying true to it?

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:16 pm

in the words of KITT ugh unforgivable
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:22 pm

by the way when we are talking about KITT words ;)
that car ain't prety ;)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:50 pm

A bit of the back story from Ain't It Cool News, it makes more sense now:
This is the vehicle that's described in the Goyer script. This is The Tumbler, built as a bridging vehicle for the military, then never used. Goyer describes it the first time we see it as "a cross between a Lamborghini Countach and a Humvee. Sandy camouflage, stealthangled panelling and variable-angle flaps across the back." It can do a rampless jump at 100 mph. It was built by the Applied Research branch of Wayne Corp., which is how Bruce Wayne stumbles across it. He modifies it a bit, and the result is the thing that's already being so hotly debated by fans. It's a real-world vehicle, practical rather than "cool," and that's a pleasant surprise. And look closely at that glass pod between those front wheels. That comes into play during one of the script's coolest and most original action beats.
http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17288

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:15 pm

If they wanted to design a retro Batmobile,that's fine. But that thing is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I can't believe that was their choice for the new vehicle! It doesn't even resemble anything close to a car or any other vehicle that I can imagine, except maybe that similar Humvee-looking tank vehicle from "Aliens." Still, even that vehicle would have been a better choice over this. I especially don't like the wheels or their placement. It makes the vehicle look like a dragster ready to go off-road! LOL I can't imagine that it's going to be fun to try and steer that thing, let alone look out whatever windshield or cockpit it has. Maybe I'm wrong about how practical it is, but I doubt I'll ever grow to like that thing. It will definitely make heads turn in theaters but I don't think they'll be turning in the direction the studio wants them to. Anyone who knows me well knows that I try to always keep an open mind and god knows I'm trying here, but after seeing this, I say start from scratch and design and build from the ground up.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:46 am

lol at first I was horrified as a person who's not very into Batman could get but once I took into consideration that this vehicle was meant to be the original Batmobile's predecessor (sp?) it's not bad... I mean, yeah, it's ugly, but it's not so disappointing, like it's the "new" Batmobile or something

Red Rider
Recruit

Post by Red Rider » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:56 am

but don't forget the new BATMAN movie will tell about his beginning in crime fighting , so the Batmobile may have less gadgets but more power and be more impressive, for me it looks like the Batmobile in Frank Miller's Dark Knight in a way... For a crime fighter, the aesthetics of his car is not the point, I think...

SPEEDBREAKER
Recruit

Post by SPEEDBREAKER » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:20 am

MABE IF IT HAD A COOLER FRONT END. SOMETHING TO COVER THE FRONT WHEELS THEN IT WOULD NOT BE SO BAD. :wink:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:31 am

I can't picture Christian Bale getting in that thing. I think they will look odd together...especially when he is Batman.

But yeah, the suit will probably match the way the car is somehow.

I couldn't see the Batman of old getting in that one.

Strangely, I could see Robin in it though.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:09 pm

It looks like an RC car that I had runover.
Knight Industries Defence One

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:28 pm

"We'll escape over these cars... that Batmobile will never be able to follow us..."

82TransAm
Recruit

Post by 82TransAm » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:48 pm

Its not that bad. Granted its not the vehicle of the original series and I am sure he will not be wearing the same blue and grey suit as the orginal. However it does have a Very Darknight look to it being all stealth plane looking and stuff. I Think Adam West himself would approve. Bruce Wayne would still be of the mindset it still is "a" batmobile of sorts.. he is into the whole i have all this money what kind of gadgets can i buy.

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:55 am

i'm very excited about the movie. supposedly, it is supposed to be MUCH darker than the last few. the only two i approve of are the first two. the rest were a dissapointment. the car looks perfect for what they are trying to portray. the first year comics were awesome

comets78
Rookie

Post by comets78 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:36 pm

hateit year one movie or not simply just hate it cant see it happening sorry

vampire knight
Rookie

Post by vampire knight » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:49 am

Made this when I was bored
]Image

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:23 am

Nice job! It almost makes the car look like it's has a chin and is smiling at me. Sorry, too early in the morning... Have you seen knightdrivers 4th gen concepts? you may appreciate his work.

vampire knight
Rookie

Post by vampire knight » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:00 pm

Yeah I've seen them...I posted this picture in one of his threads over at the Registries. I love his dash design, but I didn't like his nose design too much, that is why I thought I'd do my own =) Not to be mean or anything...I think it could of just been the photoshop work done and it would probably look better as it materialized.