Dave Andron update

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Dave Andron update

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Since there have been a lot of (mostly positive) remarks about Dave Andron on here recently, I thought you'd like to know what he's up to. Unfortunately, there is no KR in his immediate future, but he has been busy:

Last thursday night an episode of 'Past Life' that Dave wrote, called Dead Man Talking, aired on FOX. You can check it out on FOX or Hulu.

Coming up on March 16th is the premier of what looks to be a great new show on FX called 'Justified'. Dave is writing a couple of episodes for this show, and I think this series is going to be around for a while.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Dave Andron update

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:10 pm

I wish nothing but the best for Dave Andron. I would be interested to know if it would be possible to meet him in person....possibly at the Festival??
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Really good to know what Dave is up to Shapeshifter!
I agree with Matt, I think a lot of us would like to see Dave at a KR event in the future.
Give Dave our well wishes and tell him we said good luck with the 'Justified' series on FX. :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Thanks, fellows. I'll pass along your best wishes when I can, and I know he's grateful for the support you've shown him. As far as future events, well, you never know; but obviously, I can't speak for him.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:13 pm

He's welcome to attend Knight Rider Festival II along with others from the KR08 series. I have already reached out to Gary Scott Thompson who expressed some interest in attending via twitter.

=VK=
:dash:

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Why would you want the guy that made our beloved show into a bloody joke to attend anything KR related?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Because I think of all Knight Rider fans and given interest in finding out what "could have been" with Season 2 of Knight Rider: The Series, some fans who appreciated it would like to hear what GST has to say. I have my reservations about the new series and how it was mishandled but I'm also professional enough to reach out to anyone from Knight Rider because Knight Rider Festival II is a celebration of all things Knight Rider, new and old.

That includes the new cast/crew.

=VK=
:dash:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:20 am

blowersho wrote:Why would you want the guy that made our beloved show into a bloody joke to attend anything KR related?
It's generally thought that his direction about the basic premise was what got all mixed up. It was HIS show, and not OUR show. However, We as fans had no input as to the way things went down, so we really don't have all the answers, just a lot of assumptions. I think that we as fans should keep an open mind as to what GST has to say regarding KR 08, now that it's over and done.

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:55 am

Mr Nugent, you are a much bigger man than I am because I would not be able to be in the same room as him without sh!t hitting the fan but perhaps that's just my gangster side talking. I have been around long enough to know a fast talking shyster when I see one, GST is the epitome of that.

WIBoomer1, I believe that KR as a whole does belong to us because it is the fans and the great people on this forum who have kept the memory of KR alive not GST. He is just some tool that NBC got out of a dumpster to run the show, he does not care about KR or the fans. This is the guy that was saying "KR is not cancelled but start sending letters to NBC to get a second season". He knew the show was dead but did not have the courage to tell us then and I really doubt he will answer any questions now, mark my words he will NOT show up at the festival because he is yellow.

You guys are much more forgiving when it comes to GST and I commend you for that, I despise him.