Will Kitt Ride Again?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightTimeLordRider
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Will Kitt Ride Again?

Post by KnightTimeLordRider » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi everyone. This is my first post on this fine MB [although I have been a member for sometime I have only ever been more then happy to read your posts rather then layout my own topics]. Now the time has come to step foward with my own subjects on that most magical of TV shows... Knight Rider.

Just like you I am a massive KR fan. For christmas I had the joy of unwrapping the recent serise of Knight Rider. I was sad to find out that [just like TKR] Knight Rider 2008 was a one hit wonder. I love the relationship that Mike has with Sarah and the relationship Mike and Sarah have with KITT. :kitt:

As for Billy and Zoe I soooo hope they get it togther buy the time I come to view the final [am only on DISC 2 and have only just watched Knight of the liveing Dead my fav so far becuse of the Dr Who/TorchWood reference :D ]

I couldent believe this failed and am just prying NBC change there minds and let Kitt ride again for a 2nd season. Is this likely or just fan wish full thinking? Knight Rider is such a fun show and haveing seen the most recent version I have season 1-3 of the classic serise on order from Amazon.

I hope KITT has a future. The thought of a world with out one man and his talking car trying to make a diffrence is one not worth thinking about. Heres hopeing for Knight Rider 2010 [no not that that one. That one did suck] :kitt2:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Will Kitt Ride Again?

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:05 am

Sorry, but it's toast. Production has been closed for over a year now. I'm hoping that eventually someone will put a book or magazine article out there detailing what went wrong with KR 08, from all the different facets. It's funny that KR 08 didn't get a chance, especially now that the Jay Leno experiment has been cancelled. Not to say that KR 08 would have gotten renewed if there was no Jay Leno, but I'm sure it made it that much easier NOT to renew KR 08.

KnightTimeLordRider
Stranger

Post by KnightTimeLordRider » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:25 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:Sorry, but it's toast. Production has been closed for over a year now. I'm hoping that eventually someone will put a book or magazine article out there detailing what went wrong with KR 08, from all the different facets. It's funny that KR 08 didn't get a chance, especially now that the Jay Leno experiment has been cancelled. Not to say that KR 08 would have gotten renewed if there was no Jay Leno, but I'm sure it made it that much easier NOT to renew KR 08.
You will have to forgive me. UK KR fan here. I am not familiar with the Jay Leno experiment. I know who Jay is but what’s his connection with Knight Rider 2008?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:46 pm

KnightTimeLordRider wrote:
WIBoomer1 wrote:Sorry, but it's toast. Production has been closed for over a year now. I'm hoping that eventually someone will put a book or magazine article out there detailing what went wrong with KR 08, from all the different facets. It's funny that KR 08 didn't get a chance, especially now that the Jay Leno experiment has been cancelled. Not to say that KR 08 would have gotten renewed if there was no Jay Leno, but I'm sure it made it that much easier NOT to renew KR 08.
You will have to forgive me. UK KR fan here. I am not familiar with the Jay Leno experiment. I know who Jay is but what’s his connection with Knight Rider 2008?
He is referring to NBC's gamble on putting Jay Leno into Primetime. That, apparently, seems to have failed and some are using that to express NBC's poor decision-making yet again.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Super Flash
Rookie

Re: Will Kitt Ride Again? Yes!!!

Post by Super Flash » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:28 am

Hello There Everyone, :kitt: :D

I refuse to believe what is written here about Knight Rider. I agree that production has been closed and all but, that does not mean that it can be restarted again in the future. I still believe that the show still has life. I like the series (serise?) and I pray not pry? that the show will be back one day. As I keep saying that NBC is the ones that goofed the show up the same way that messed up The Jay Leno Show and they right back where they were when Johnny Carson was about to retire and could not handle naming his successor right. Now, it seems that Conan may bolt just like Letterman did some time ago. How sad. If Family Guy can get canned then brought back after some time off the air then why can't this version of Knight Rider? I am currently watching it on DVD and I like it and all and I will agree that it has its flaws but, does mean it is not a good show. Part of the reason Knight Rider 2008 failed was because of ABC's Lost and Fox's American Idol. How can Knight Rider 2008 compete with that? Then there was the pre-emptions for the holiday's and The President and can people watch the show if they don't know when it is on? Next, NBC's lack of backing the show. Take the show Chuck for example, I every where I look I see promos for the show from Entertainment Weekly, USA Network, and NBC themselves promoting the heck out of the show. Where was all of this for Knight Rider 2008? If NBC did that for Knight Rider 2008 then we would be enjoying the second season right now. Also, if NBC had put Knight Rider on Friday's or Sunday's like the original aired then Knight Rider 2008 would have had a chance. Instead they didn't do any of that just canned the show for no real rhyme or reason. As I stated in a different thread and topic is that NBC may think that they know what they are doing but in reality they do not.

I am sure that some one will take over their programming department one day that is a huge Knight Rider fan and will bring the show back. As of the show s not toast and is resting. It will be back trust me. :kittside:

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:58 pm

YES, YES, YES!!!! KITT WILL RIDE AGAIN!!!! KNIGHT RIDER WILL RETURN!!!! Just as the Phoenix rises from the Ashes, KR will return. It would have to be on SYFY or USA Network, or Some Network where the Brass won't stick their noses into it, But KR SHALL RETURN!!! Who knows, Maybe something to coincide with KNIGHT RIDER's 30th ANNIVERSARY which is in September 2012. :kitt: :karr: :kittside: :kittconv: :kitt2: :dash: :dash4: :good: :good: