Character Bronwyn Applebe in Killer KITT??

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

happy71177
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Character Bronwyn Applebe in Killer KITT??

Post by happy71177 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:52 pm

I have always wondered about the character of Bronwyn Applebee in Killer KITT. What does everyone think of her??

I want more background on Bronwyn in Killer KITT.

Who was she??

How did she know Marco Berio......??

Why did Bronwyn want KITT as bad as Marco did....??

Anyone else think she was a villian or evil like Berio???

Do you think she was good and just went along with Berio??

Maybe she wanted to see Berio happy so she sort of went along with his efforts to gain control of KITT.

I am thinking she probably didn't expect Marco to hurt or kill anyone, but he was crazed. We probably knew Bario had more intentions than just overriding KITT.

Maybe Bronwyn felt bad for Berio, and wanted to be his friend.

Could Bronwyn been a member of the foundation that was let go.......

When Marco's plan was to use KITT against Michael, it seemed like Bronwyn wanted out. It seemed like she wasn't the crazed nasty killing type like Marco.

I think she never thought of Marco as a bad guy. Just a guy who was embittered and wanted to compensate for not getting the noteriety he desrved from creating KITT.

But when Marco decided to use KITT as a KARR type character, Bronwyn thougt maybe "this guy is insane- and I want no part of his evil scheme".....

We also saw Bronwyn swipe CPU's with KITT in the beginning. I am not sure if that was an evil deed or not.

I am betting the CPU that Bronwyn swapped was a good CPU..but it only turned KITT nasty when Berio
started messing with it from his computer in the truck.

Had Marco not fiddeld with that new CPR that Bronwyn swapped with KITT because he had control of it from inside the truck, I am taking a guess KITT would have stayed normal.

I don't think Bronwyn was expecting Marco to use the swapped CPU to kill Michael. I think maybe Bronwyn thought Marco wanted control of KITT so he could have the car all for himself. Maybe Bronwyn thought Marcio's idea of revenge for the foundation was to have KITT for himself and sol Michael could be without his faithfull partner.

We also see at the end when Marco brings out Bronwyn and warns Michael while toting an uzi, "I have a hostage in here Knight, you make a move, and she's dead". I think we can see that Bronwyn was being held as a prisoner by Marco against her will.

I also thought Bronwyn would have made a good Bonnie type character. I don't mean with the fake mask she wore at the beginning to disguise herself as Bonnie. She was beautiful like Bonnie, and she showed a huge interest in KITT like Bonnie. Remember when KITT pulls up to Berio's truck and Berio and Bronwyn step out. She goes "Ohhhhh.He's Beautiful Marco! And he's ours"

Berio then replies "IT is a tool Bronwyn. IT belongs to whoever controls it. And for whatever we choose to use it" meaning Berio wants to use KITT as a weapon. Bronwyn probably just wants KITT because Marco does. I don't think Bronwyn wants KITT as a weapon like Marco does. I don't think Bronwyn realized Marco's real intentions.

All in all, I think Bronwyn was a good person. I just don't think she realized what Marco's evil intentions were. Had she known what evil deeds Marco was planning, I bet she would have backed out before teaming with him.

But what was her role in the episode?? Was she Marco's friend, a former flag employee??

I like that when KITT comes around, he does not go after Bronwyn. But after the 3 main guys, Gordan, Ferrel, and Berio.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Character Bronwyn Applebe in Killer KITT??

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Wow, that's an awful lot of questions to cover! I do think you kind of answered your main question, though, and I would agree with you that Bronwyn was probably Marco's girlfriend who was just going along with his plan because she felt sympathetic towards him. Of course she probably didn't truly realize the Foundation's intentions and was just trying to help out Marco without realizing she was being used indirectly. The fact that Marco was so quick to turn on her proved he was really just using her for his scheme and only cared about his revenge against the Foundation. Ultimately I think she was a good person who got mixed up with the wrong guy and never realized the full scope of her actions.

Oh, and how did you find out her last name? Is it stated in the original script?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

happy71177
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Character Bronwyn Applebe in Killer KITT??

Post by happy71177 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:29 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Wow, that's an awful lot of questions to cover! I do think you kind of answered your main question, though, and I would agree with you that Bronwyn was probably Marco's girlfriend who was just going along with his plan because she felt sympathetic towards him. Of course she probably didn't truly realize the Foundation's intentions and was just trying to help out Marco without realizing she was being used indirectly. The fact that Marco was so quick to turn on her proved he was really just using her for his scheme and only cared about his revenge against the Foundation. Ultimately I think she was a good person who got mixed up with the wrong guy and never realized the full scope of her actions.

Oh, and how did you find out her last name? Is it stated in the original script?
Everything is on the IMBD page.