Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
User avatar
jgcoombes
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Post by jgcoombes » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Next weekend on Sci-Fi UK they are showing the entire series of KR back to back over saturday and sunday.

Saturday starting at 11am till 10.40pm
Sunday starting at 11am till 6pm.

http://www.scifi.co.uk/shows/knight-rider/

User avatar
neps
Site Administrator
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: nyc, usa
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Post by neps » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:34 pm

Very cool! Thanks for the heads up!

User avatar
SadArticle
Operative
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Post by SadArticle » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 pm

A chance to watch the pilot, finally! :shock: Thanks!
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

User avatar
ANDREWHEARNE
Rookie
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Peterborough, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Post by ANDREWHEARNE » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Original series 1 is on Bravo Monday to Friday - 7pm to 8pm then Bravo plus 1 - 8pm to 9pm :) but thanks guys for heads up too :)

User avatar
jgcoombes
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Re: Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Post by jgcoombes » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:30 pm

Don't forget 11am tomorrow!!!

User avatar
SadArticle
Operative
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Post by SadArticle » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:08 pm

ANDREWHEARNE wrote:Original series 1 is on Bravo Monday to Friday - 7pm to 8pm then Bravo plus 1 - 8pm to 9pm :) but thanks guys for heads up too :)


I've just been watching 'The Final Verdict' on Bravo - and is it me, or can we see a whole lot more on widescreen than we were ever meant to ? When Michael drives into the semi, the missing side wall is obvious, not to mention the crew member sat with a copy of the script on their lap! (They try to inch over out of shot when Michael is backing out of the semi, but it doesn't make a lot of difference!) Also, the camera frame clipped to Kitt's door makes a guest appearance once or twice! :roll:

I never noticed this on my DVDs, so is it just watching on widescreen TV? :?
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

User avatar
DJGM
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Manchester, England, UK.
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Post by DJGM » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:43 am

SadArticle wrote:
ANDREWHEARNE wrote:Original series 1 is on Bravo Monday to Friday - 7pm to 8pm then Bravo plus 1 - 8pm to 9pm :) but thanks guys for heads up too :)


I've just been watching 'The Final Verdict' on Bravo - and is it me, or can we see a whole lot
more on widescreen than we were ever meant to ? When Michael drives into the semi, the
missing side wall is obvious, not to mention the crew member sat with a copy of the script
on their lap! (They try to inch over out of shot when Michael is backing out of the semi,
but it doesn't make a lot of difference!) Also, the camera frame clipped to Kitt's
door makes a guest appearance once or twice! :roll:

I never noticed this on my DVDs, so is it just watching on widescreen TV? :?


I thought Bravo (UK) had stopped showing the original KR sometime ago. As for watching it on
a widescreen TV, while the Bravo channel itself broadcast in widescreen, older stuff such as
the original KR would be in oldskool style 4:3. Are you watching KR in "stretchy-vision", or
has Bravo managed to somehow acquire widescreen copies of the original series?

User avatar
SadArticle
Operative
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Post by SadArticle » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:32 pm

DJGM wrote:I thought Bravo (UK) had stopped showing the original KR sometime ago. As for watching it on
a widescreen TV, while the Bravo channel itself broadcast in widescreen, older stuff such as
the original KR would be in oldskool style 4:3.


I know it makes no sense, but it's the only reason I can come up with - I have never noticed the 'missing wall' in that episode before, and it's not exactly a 'blink and you'll miss it' blooper! :?

And yep, KR is back on Bravo! They must be cashing in :wink:
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

User avatar
sarfraz
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: London, UK

Re: Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Post by sarfraz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:54 pm

Have I missed something but SciFi was showing KR08 at for two hours today, Fiver was showing the pilot for KR08 and Bravo was continuing the original KR fest. I understand the last two, but I assumed (incorrectly) that as Fiver got the rights for KR08, SciFi would stop showing it.

Its abit of a KR fest at the moment in the UK!

Sarf
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:08 pm

We asked for Kr08 in the UK... We seem to have it...

I've just seen the pilot on Fiver. Ok, its not the first time but I liked the way it was written. If they could have reshot elements of the pilot to inclcude our much missed turbo boosts etc then it could have been even sweeter...

Slade
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Knight Rider Marathon - UK

Post by Slade » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:10 pm

A freind of mine in England said he just saw the pilot last night...apparently theyre showing the rest of the series starting next week.He did have some issues with the pilot and such but he says its turning out great.Now I havent spoiled it for him or anything like that,but he doesnt know how the show has it downhill time and also that it probally wont be returning :(
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Locked