So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:15 pm

OK so seriously what is there to look forward too now K.Rwise now that the show is officially canceled and never to return. (Michael Pajaro himself confirmed without a shadow of a doubt) The dreamed up Larson movie that at this rate will not get made in the foreseeable future and so on. I mean really what is there to look forward too?

DVDs? What for? Reruns? There is nothing to look forward too is there?

User avatar
Matthew
Site Administrator
Posts: 1142
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:01 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: England

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by Matthew » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:28 am

Punkmaister,

Out of the fourteen years that this community has existed, there has only been a show in production for two of them, and yet, the Knight Rider Online community has prospered. The reason for this is because our love of the show is only what brings us here initially. It’s the friendships, acquaintances and knowledge of people like Joe Huth and Paul Nuthall that keep us coming back each and every day.

Having a show on the air isn’t the be-all and end-all, and if you concentrated on the community that’s in front of you, rather than posting the same negative comments time and time again, you might have a reason to keep coming back like the rest of us do.

However, given that you’ve ignored your latest warning regarding this incessant spam-like attitude, I have no choice but to once again issue a warning against your account.

If you continue down this route upon your return, I’m afraid that more stringent disciplinary measures may become necessary... measures that I hope the threat of will stop you from continuing to alienate the community around you.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:22 am

I was not referring nor attacking the community I was talking specifically about the Knight Rider Franchise.But message received I will abstain myself from posting anything K.R related on this board from now on...

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:50 pm

PunkMaister wrote:I was not referring nor attacking the community I was talking specifically about the Knight Rider Franchise.But message received I will abstain myself from posting anything K.R related on this board from now on...

EDIT that has too much of a negative connotation to it anyhow...
Now I'm trying to post other unrelated stuff in the non KR related forums of the board. As time goes by I'll probably be moving there entirely...

User avatar
msKEN
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Contact:

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by msKEN » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:12 am

On a side note, you can look forward to the Knight Rider Festival, and any proceeding news with Glen Larson's Knight Rider movie!
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:56 pm

msKEN wrote:On a side note, you can look forward to the Knight Rider Festival, and any proceeding news with Glen Larson's Knight Rider movie!

That GL movie has been on the cooker for ages and will likely remain so for ages more. I really don't expect any productions or anything other than fan stuff in the foreseeable future. But perhaps is thru fan films and fan online series thru YouTube and other video streaming outlets that KR could finally have a true revival. One not hampered by dumb TV execs.

Nelson B
Operative
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:05 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Vancouver BC Canada

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by Nelson B » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Isn't the Wienstiens option supposed to run out soon on the movie rights? Looks like the movie definatly won't be out next year. Has there been some type of announcement?

User avatar
MKnight1984
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:56 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Contact:

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by MKnight1984 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:52 pm

I for one have loved Knight Rider since I was old enough to walk and talk... I was born in 1984 but enjoyed Knight Rider through syndication as it was off the air but I was too young to under stand what syndication was... When Knight Rider 2000 aired in '91 I was overwhelmed to see my all time favorite TV show back on the air if only for a brief time... Once again KR returned to us in the form of 5 vehicles and their drivers making a difference I once again experienced one of the happiest and best feelings in my life... And now as everyone is aware Knight Rider had attempted to come back to us in the form of a backdoor pilot and although brief yet highly entertaining television series... My point in taking a trip down memory lane is this: I loved Knight Rider before I knew of anything outside of the original series while it was off the air and I will continue to love it in all of it's short lived yet well intended forms and I hope there are people out there who feel the same way... Who needs anything new?? Will it make you like/love Knight Rider any more or less?? Just some food for thought... Keep KR alive in your hearts and minds and cheesy as it sounds... Thanx...

User avatar
knightofthephoenix
Operative
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by knightofthephoenix » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Glen Larson's feature film

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 am

knightofthephoenix wrote:Glen Larson's feature film


Which at the rate is going will probably never happen at least not under his tutelage. That thing has been in the backburner for decades and will probably be for decades more before it even sees the light of day...

User avatar
FordFilly82
Operative
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:19 am

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by FordFilly82 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:30 am

Well, of all the things Punk Maister (sp/) siad that has made any sense is the thpught of making a web only series. Maybe someone could make a Youtube series or Vimeo or whatever. That is the future of "TV" viewing anyway. Half the eps of my shows I watch this year were all online!
Sadly even with DTV, Internet TV is the future of broadcast TV. So thanks for that PM! LOL
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:53 am

MKnight1984 wrote:I for one have loved Knight Rider since I was old enough to walk and talk... I was born in 1984 but enjoyed Knight Rider through syndication as it was off the air but I was too young to under stand what syndication was... When Knight Rider 2000 aired in '91 I was overwhelmed to see my all time favorite TV show back on the air if only for a brief time... Once again KR returned to us in the form of 5 vehicles and their drivers making a difference I once again experienced one of the happiest and best feelings in my life... And now as everyone is aware Knight Rider had attempted to come back to us in the form of a backdoor pilot and although brief yet highly entertaining television series... My point in taking a trip down memory lane is this: I loved Knight Rider before I knew of anything outside of the original series while it was off the air and I will continue to love it in all of it's short lived yet well intended forms and I hope there are people out there who feel the same way... Who needs anything new?? Will it make you like/love Knight Rider any more or less?? Just some food for thought... Keep KR alive in your hearts and minds and cheesy as it sounds... Thanx...

Well not to burst your bubble and your well placed thoughts on that post but this was never about whether we love the show or not, if we didn't we would not be here in the first place now would we?
There is a huge, huge difference between asking whether you love a franchise or not and whether or not is there anything to look forward on the horizon regarding said franchise.
Now when it comes to any official TV shows and productions it is crystal clear that that's all she wrote. The Big wigs don't give a hoot about the fans and how they feel about having their show canceled. It will take a herculean effort of campaigning to bring it back and even then it could be over a decade when and if it happens so it would be a totally recasted,rebooted show anyhow. The only thing we may just may have to look forward in this arena are fan made films and online series on YouTube and other video streaming services and again if they can even get off the ground at all.
Which is why I'd rather focuson other stuff not related to KR at all whenever possible at least until the situation changes again if at all...

FordFilly82 wrote:Well, of all the things Punk Maister (sp/) siad that has made any sense is the thpught of making a web only series. Maybe someone could make a Youtube series or Vimeo or whatever. That is the future of "TV" viewing anyway. Half the eps of my shows I watch this year were all online!
Sadly even with DTV, Internet TV is the future of broadcast TV. So thanks for that PM! LOL

Probably still is not an exact slam dunk either but better than nothing that's for certain. The series Sanctuary started out as a web only series but then again that was a totally original idea and not a fan made film or online series. Video productions whether online or off can never be made for free whoever embarks on this will have to invest inn costumes, replicas and so on. Even if other fans pitch in which would be essential for something like this to get off the ground it would still represent a sizable monetary investment that you cannot expect to get a dime back from. That have not deterred some from making very successful fan films for both Star Wars and Stargate but is still something to keep in mind. I hope that if someone does decide to go ahead with this that they can somehow pull through all the considerable hurdles and make it a reality...

User avatar
knightofthephoenix
Operative
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by knightofthephoenix » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:16 am

PunkMaister wrote:Which at the rate is going will probably never happen at least not under his tutelage. That thing has been in the backburner for decades and will probably be for decades more before it even sees the light of day...


No, it has NOT been "in the backburner for decades." Where are you getting this stuff from?

I believe the only person on the site with direct knowledge of the film is Victor Kros, and if you look around a bit, you'll see he's kept us as updated on the project as possible.

User avatar
MKnight1984
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:56 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Contact:

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by MKnight1984 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:36 am

I was just trying to be positive seeing how there's so much negativity on the boards latley... I was just trying to be a beacon of light... There was an artist who made a comic of would be nice if that artist made an online cartoon... I love this site it's just getting harder to read the boards when there's so much negativity on here... If there is nothing productive to say I don't think it should be allowed... I'm all for stating your opinion and the freedom of speech but when it's said over and over again it becomes disheartening as I feel a kinship with most KR fans on here... Let's keep the negativity to a medium guys :) ... Thanks...

User avatar
taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:59 am

I am working on the youtube based KR series.
It's still a go. :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

User avatar
MKnight1984
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:56 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Contact:

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by MKnight1984 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:24 am

That's kool... Where's my orb?? Lol... Get back to me via e-mail when u get a chance...

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:07 am

knightofthephoenix wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:Which at the rate is going will probably never happen at least not under his tutelage. That thing has been in the backburner for decades and will probably be for decades more before it even sees the light of day...


No, it has NOT been "in the backburner for decades." Where are you getting this stuff from?

I believe the only person on the site with direct knowledge of the film is Victor Kros, and if you look around a bit, you'll see he's kept us as updated on the project as possible.


For reasons I cannot publicly post here me and many others do not put much trust in anything Mr VK has to say and let's leave it at that. Point ever nearly since the TOS was canceled GL has dreamed of making a big screen film as well as one of TOS galactica and to this day it remains just that! A dream. He wrote scripts for both projects long, long ago and that's all they remain to this day. Concepts...
taoworm2323 wrote:I am working on the youtube based KR series.
It's still a go. :good:

Cool if there is any help you need in video editing PM me about it! :good: :wink: :good:

User avatar
knightofthephoenix
Operative
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by knightofthephoenix » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:26 pm

PunkMaister wrote:Point ever nearly since the TOS was canceled GL has dreamed of making a big screen film as well as one of TOS galactica and to this day it remains just that! A dream. He wrote scripts for both projects long, long ago and that's all they remain to this day. Concepts...


Again, where are you coming up with this? Do you know Glen Larson?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:03 pm

knightofthephoenix wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:Point ever nearly since the TOS was canceled GL has dreamed of making a big screen film as well as one of TOS galactica and to this day it remains just that! A dream. He wrote scripts for both projects long, long ago and that's all they remain to this day. Concepts...


Again, where are you coming up with this? Do you know Glen Larson?


It's common knowledge dude. The fact is there is only a script and nothing more, no casting has been done no filming is beign done and most likely won't be done in the foreseeablle future. End of story. and again I don't much care what VK has to say about it again for reasons I will not divulge here...

Face it the only thing in the horizon is fan made stuff including hopefully fan made movies and online series that's it.

All our hopes and dreams KRwise now lie on the back of such fans alone. Not GL, Not NBC and most certainly not GST who abandoned the franchise like a rat abandons a sinking ship.

User avatar
Matthew
Site Administrator
Posts: 1142
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:01 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: England

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by Matthew » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Punkmaister,

It’s not appropriate to discuss inactive members of the community, as they don’t have the opportunity to respond to potentially disparaging remarks regarding the validity of their contributions. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

User avatar
knightofthephoenix
Operative
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by knightofthephoenix » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:08 pm

It's also not appropriate to be throwing stuff out there that isn't true - whether you feel it's "common knowledge" or not.

Yes, this includes the thread you just started over on the KR Motion Picture board about "The now over a decade awaited GL KR movie"

Are you looking to start an argument or are you 12?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:21 pm

knightofthephoenix wrote:It's also not appropriate to be throwing stuff out there that isn't true - whether you feel it's "common knowledge" or not.

Yes, this includes the thread you just started over on the KR Motion Picture board about "The now over a decade awaited GL KR movie"

Are you looking to start an argument or are you 12?

I know for certain there has been a script for quite a number of years now and nothing has been produced or is even being planned, no one has been cast there has not even been a casting call. I've up and down the K.R movie forum and is all hypothetical stuff save the GL script...
Unless you can provide good solid evidence that a KR movie is being produced I will not change my tune in regards to this and there is no such evidence anywhere in this board all there is is that years old (and I mean good long years) script.

User avatar
knightofthephoenix
Operative
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by knightofthephoenix » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:52 pm

PunkMaister wrote:Unless you can provide good solid evidence that a KR movie is being produced I will not change my tune

:roll:

User avatar
Knight007
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 am

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by Knight007 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:30 am

Dont take this in a nigative way, but whats your point?? what are you trying to say???
Yes, we all know KR08 is over and YES no glen film in the near future. now what??? should we all just close this site and go home? should we all stop coming here and never talk about KR unless we have some comfirmation about a new project??? clear that for me please Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: So what is there to look forward too KRWise now?

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:23 am

Knight007 wrote:Dont take this in a nigative way, but whats your point?? what are you trying to say???
Yes, we all know KR08 is over and YES no glen film in the near future. now what??? should we all just close this site and go home? should we all stop coming here and never talk about KR unless we have some comfirmation about a new project??? clear that for me please Image :kitt:


Not at all I'm just saying that there is nothing new on the horizon to look forward too except maybe just maybe fan films and online series.

Locked