If KR08 really is finished

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:02 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

If KR08 really is finished

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:35 am

NBC does have it, but how can we get to see it? I'm talking about the KR08 pilot movie with Will Arnett playing the role as KITT. Wouldn't it be interesting to hear him as the role? If the teaser commercials from last year really were those using Will's voice, I'm real curious to know how he was going to handle it; because I believe he would carry a little more emotion rather than sound completely calm/monotone through every line of dialog.

So, is there someone here on these message boards able to get in contact with the people over at NBC regarding this? If we can't get anymore Knight Rider, at least give us this.

User avatar
WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: WI

Re: If KR08 really is finished

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:36 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:NBC does have it, but how can we get to see it? I'm talking about the KR08 pilot movie with Will Arnett playing the role as KITT. Wouldn't it be interesting to hear him as the role? If the teaser commercials from last year really were those using Will's voice, I'm real curious to know how he was going to handle it; because I believe he would carry a little more emotion rather than sound completely calm/monotone through every line of dialog.

So, is there someone here on these message boards able to get in contact with the people over at NBC regarding this? If we can't get anymore Knight Rider, at least give us this.


It's really just a track recording, and since everything's done digitally these days, it wouldn't surprise me that it's erased.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Re: If KR08 really is finished

Post by Shapeshifter » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:51 am

Whether is still exists or not, NBC could not release the Arnett work on KR in any way, shape, or form without being sued by GM. So, I'm afraid you're stuck with Val.

It was quite a crisis, I recall. One month before the airing of the pilot the word came down to the producers that they had to replace Arnett. It was amazing that they were able to get someone of Kilmer's stature in such a short period of time.

User avatar
Pct1theory
Rookie
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: If KR08 really is finished

Post by Pct1theory » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:29 pm

No because Val Kilmer is better, more awesome and a badass. Will never was KITT. Just Val.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:02 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Re: If KR08 really is finished

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Okay, that's to say for now that Will's audio dub will not be available. However, I highly doubt that his track has been erased from existence. There will be a time when his contract will expire from GM.

But I think of it like this: Taoworm23 received the former plans for KITT's Attack Mode, MKFX offered us glimpses of different sketches of a 2010 KITT. Those were just for fun, yes? So would be Arnett's. Bring it to KRO where we'll eat it up. That's all I'm saying.

User avatar
RenanrRinaldi
Recruit
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: If KR08 really is finished

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:39 am

The only audio i remember with Will was that teaser.
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

User avatar
Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:01 am

Re: If KR08 really is finished

Post by Garthe Knight » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:22 am

Shapeshifter wrote:Whether is still exists or not, NBC could not release the Arnett work on KR in any way, shape, or form without being sued by GM.


So just wait some weeks until GM is bankrupt, what's the problem?! :lol:

User avatar
taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

Re: If KR08 really is finished

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Garthe Knight wrote:
Shapeshifter wrote:Whether is still exists or not, NBC could not release the Arnett work on KR in any way, shape, or form without being sued by GM.


So just wait some weeks until GM is bankrupt, what's the problem?! :lol:



:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

User avatar
DJGM
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Manchester, England, UK.
Contact:

Re: If KR08 really is finished

Post by DJGM » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:32 pm

I was watching the 15th June edition of the "Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien", an hour or
so ago, with Will Arnett as a guest. Having listened to his voice on there, I'm actually glad
he ultimately wasn't KITT's voice in the new series, and Val Kilmer got the job instead.

Locked