Fast and furious vs knight rider

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MURDOCK
Rookie

Fast and furious vs knight rider

Post by MURDOCK » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:52 am

I love fast and furious,as well as knight rider,
fast and furious works why cant knight rider?
In the first fast and furious when the supra vs the ferrari that was kool,things like that should be seen in the new show.........smoke em.haha except kitt turbo into the distance.
I love the end scene of the trailer for the new fast and furious dom in the charger and the super charger roaring.

NN11
Operative

Re: Fast and furious vs knight rider

Post by NN11 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 am

maybe the idea of fast and furious work because there is a number of cool cars to look at
like the heavy moded camaro ss and that awesome drop-dead charger.
in kr, there is only some cars besides the mustang and most of them are stock ford's (flex.f-150 and that ugly attack mode)
we cant blame ford coz they were one of those sponsors who enabled us to watch KR08.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:55 am

Honestly, I'm not sure they're really all that comparable. The Fast and the Furious franchise works because it established itself with a particular identity that appealed to a young crowd from the get-go. Knight Rider traditionally has had a different style whose emphasis was not on racing, but making a difference and fighting crime, with a bit of light-hearted humor thrown in here and there. The new series took most of the elements of TFATF but in my opinion missed the point of what the KR franchise really was.

You also have the practicality factor of TFATF where the vehicle modifications and street racing culture actually exist in the real world unlike a morphing vehicle that can seemingly do anything. The sci-fi aspect may be a turn off to the same crowd that's enticed by souped up "rice rockets," but I could be wrong.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by MR2NR » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:37 am

Lost Knight wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure they're really all that comparable. The Fast and the Furious franchise works because it established itself with a particular identity that appealed to a young crowd from the get-go. Knight Rider traditionally has had a different style whose emphasis was not on racing, but making a difference and fighting crime, with a bit of light-hearted humor thrown in here and there. The new series took most of the elements of TFATF but in my opinion missed the point of what the KR franchise really was.

You also have the practicality factor of TFATF where the vehicle modifications and street racing culture actually exist in the real world unlike a morphing vehicle that can seemingly do anything. The sci-fi aspect may be a turn off to the same crowd that's enticed by souped up "rice rockets," but I could be wrong.

Well put. There is a lot more kids impressed by loud fast cars than "Talking Cars". The sci fi aspect makes them look geeky and they want to be as far away from that it redneckville where I live :).

I was at the drag strip last weekend and sporting my scanner and had a couple guys love it and a couple who laughed and made fun.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2: