KITT using a holographic presence when in auto cruise

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT using a holographic presence when in auto cruise

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:01 pm

Could this be an excuse to bring in Val, or recruit any actor for any particular scene when KITT drives by himself? I bring up this topic only for the reason that KITT is doing the tinting thing when driving by himself now. I dig it....makes sense, right? But how about being a little more classy with his tech, because pitch black windows is kind of illegal.

I'm not saying I really want this to happen, but it would be interesting to see from time to time. If KITT can project a hologram from his windshield and hood, surely there should be some way KITT would eventually be able to project a "Micheal" in the driver's seat when Mike isn't around. The cool thing with the effect could be that the hologram looks noticeably transparent when up close.....maybe also with that tint of blue to let us viewers feel the coolness of this tech gadgetry in action.

It's just a thought.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: KITT using a holographic presence when in auto cruise

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Interesting idea I know the Transformers particularly the Decepticons used such holograms to fool unwary humans in the G1 show especially. That could work and would allow for the car to appear with the glass untinted when in autocruise. Good idea! :good:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:19 pm

Sounds interesting. It would be funny if KITT played a trick on Mike like that. ^_^

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:16 pm

This would be a great way to do a Val Kilmer Easter Egg, or maybe they could use one of the Masterkey guys as the driver... :P ....but logically, they'd just use the stunt driver as the driver.

I'm open to this idea and would like to see it as an upgrade later in the season. I'd prefer if KI3T only modeled the head and shoulders of the driver, so that we could see the wheel turning without any hands. This would work pretty well if the driver could use shuffle-steering to keep his hands out of the shot. (http://www.popularmechanics.com/automot ... tml?page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Note, however, that I don't know anything about stunt driving, so I don't know if something like that will actually work.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 pm

I had the same sort of thought about Val making an apprearence given the holo technology that they have used in other episodes I would have thought that when they were back at the SSC that he could have discussions with the other members of the team in such a form and not be limited to a shot the the scanner rolling back and fore. I would also make the KI3T hologram not be transparent unless a strong light was shining through it (thinking about saving FX budget there.)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:20 pm

When Kitt used a voice synthecizer to immitate Mike's voice and say give me a minute,I felt if kitt had holographic capabilities he could have used an image of mikeon the inside and have him step outside and walk around and talk as Mike.I'm sure this could be used as decoy setups later on in the series as well.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:55 pm

Gotta wonder if an ability like that gives KI3T too much power....I fear that it could promote lazy writing and serve as a deus ex machina in some subplots. Further, it would take the emphasis off of KI3T and put it square on Holo-Mike's shoulders...I'd rather see KI3T deal with the "no driver" issue on his own by being creative instead of deploying a Holo-Mike. It'd be cool to see an equal balances of smarts and tech - but I would like to see KI3T stand on his own in those situations, instead of using Mike as a crutch.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Deric
Volunteer

Post by Deric » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:18 pm

I agree with this and given it was used in the Transformers movie it would come across as being cheap. I prefer the darkened windows over a hologram. I would also prefer this over a mike hologram

lunchmeat wrote:Gotta wonder if an ability like that gives KI3T too much power....I fear that it could promote lazy writing and serve as a deus ex machina in some subplots. Further, it would take the emphasis off of KI3T and put it square on Holo-Mike's shoulders...I'd rather see KI3T deal with the "no driver" issue on his own by being creative instead of deploying a Holo-Mike. It'd be cool to see an equal balances of smarts and tech - but I would like to see KI3T stand on his own in those situations, instead of using Mike as a crutch.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:21 am

This is a good Idea to used at some episods. not bad and cool Image by the way Image
:kitt: