get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

knightrider2929
Volunteer
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:26 am

get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by knightrider2929 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:21 pm

i hope people agree with me and the network listens im getting friggin tired of watching kitt transform into a truck its retarded just make kit raise up tires go out to go off road, and get rid of stupid cobra this isnt that dumb show viper and quit making kit look like he is a friggin hotwheels car listen to the fans, and when is micheal going to get a leather jacket simalar to original and change steering wheel back to the pilot movie, also where is devon's potrait hanging and original micheal knights pic and bonnie they started the show and start playing some old songs on show not putting the lastest new songs just to promote there music need songs with feeling and heart, remember its what the fans want not what you want gary and network :x

User avatar
Knight2000
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:22 pm

This isn't the original series. This isn't even a continuation of TOS by the same guy (Glen A. Larson).

Some random guy is given the opportunity to bring back KR for the new generation. Thence whatever happens in the series is a different vision to what Larson saw in TOS. If you want to bring KR08 back in line with TOS, get millions of dollars and then give them to Larson.

As for the music, Larson had whatever was popular at the time as background music for the series.

You have three options:
- get loads of money and give them to Larson to recreate KR for the new generation
- pretend to have amnesia, forget TOS and watch the show
- change the channel

Remember, GST had to make the series to hook in new fans, not please the fans of TOS. However, if he does a good job he'd be able to please both groups.

User avatar
Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 821
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Cyber Space
Contact:

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:49 pm

knightrider2929 wrote:and get rid of stupid cobra this isn't that dumb show viper

yeah because Cobras and Vipers are completely different snakes :roll:
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com

User avatar
Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:23 pm

knightrider2929 wrote:i hope people agree with me and the network listens im getting friggin tired of watching kitt transform into a truck its retarded just make kit raise up tires go out to go off road, and get rid of stupid cobra this isnt that dumb show viper and quit making kit look like he is a friggin hotwheels car listen to the fans, and when is micheal going to get a leather jacket simalar to original and change steering wheel back to the pilot movie, also where is devon's potrait hanging and original micheal knights pic and bonnie they started the show and start playing some old songs on show not putting the lastest new songs just to promote there music need songs with feeling and heart, remember its what the fans want not what you want gary and network :x


Congratualtions on making one sentence an entire paragraph of whining. However annoyed you are at the show, members here are more annoyed at people like you who don't even take the time to look around and see that there's countless more threads complaining about the same thing. And in much more intelligent ways, I might add.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

User avatar
Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:36 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Winter Haven, FLA
Contact:

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:07 am

The thing is, the transformations are here to stay. I love them, they bring something new to KI3T that the original didnt have.
It's a new generation, and for KI3T to be relevent, KI3T needed to do something that cars cant do, since alot fo what KI2T can do cars can do now. KI3T has too be atleast the vehical of the future, and now he really is.
You got to think, the transforms seem like a natural progression, the Knight Industries car program has got to make advancements that outdate their previous models, and this KI3T does that well.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

User avatar
Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Manor

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:30 am

Knight2000 wrote:This isn't the original series. This isn't even a continuation of TOS by the same guy (Glen A. Larson).

Some random guy is given the opportunity to bring back KR for the new generation. Thence whatever happens in the series is a different vision to what Larson saw in TOS. If you want to bring KR08 back in line with TOS, get millions of dollars and then give them to Larson.

As for the music, Larson had whatever was popular at the time as background music for the series.

You have three options:
- get loads of money and give them to Larson to recreate KR for the new generation
- pretend to have amnesia, forget TOS and watch the show
- change the channel

Remember, GST had to make the series to hook in new fans, not please the fans of TOS. However, if he does a good job he'd be able to please both groups.


- I take issue with how you are using Glen A. Larson's name like this, Knight2000. You cannot just throw around the idea that because this television show is not being created by Glen you can sit there and justify that rider2929 here is wrong for being upset about saying that to him, Knight Rider is not Transformers.

I happen to agree very strongly that Knight Rider should have NEVER BEEN influenced by or modeled after Transformers but this is how things stand now. You are also blindly unaware of the fact that even if you threw hundreds of dollars at Larson, it is up to NBC to decide whether Glen's advice is either heeded, considered, or rejected. Throwing money at Glen won't make the show better, he has to want to make it better and NBC has to let him try to make it better. So really, show a little more respect please, especially with how you use his name.

I have expressly explained at length that Glen owns the MOTION PICTURE RIGHTS, NBC owns the TELEVISION RIGHTS. Though Glen is Executive Producer, he doesn't have the influential power to make a difference in this "new vision" of the KR property unless they care to listen to what he has to say.

These options are weak points to build your rebuttal on.

You have three options:
- get loads of money and give them to Larson to recreate KR for the new generation - As stated above this makes no difference. Additionally Larson didn't want a television series, he wanted to release his motion picture in peace but NBCU didn't care about that, they did what they chose to do anyway.

- pretend to have amnesia, forget TOS and watch the show - NBC should never have marketed it as a continuation of the original series then which was based on a PRE EXISTING concept, no matter how much you try to "ignore" or "forget" about it. If NBC wanted this new Knight Rider to be a brand new version of Knight Rider, they should have called it Knight Rider 2.0 --- they chose to try and tap into the popularity of the original series fans and give them something different and the original fans continue to question or reject it. You can debate new audiences, demographics, and so on but the bottom line is money. You use an existing property, you have a build in cash machine because you don't have to start from scratch. You use what has already been done and you put your own spin on it.

- change the channel - Oh yes, change the channel and then Knight Rider's ratings will continue to plummet. Where is the logic in this point? You're pretty much proving the point of everyone who dislikes this show and its directions by telling them not to watch it, which will in fact get it cancelled because NBC doesn't care who likes it, they care about who is watching it...just the ratings. The people who like the show and the people who hate the show is insignificant when both groups of people keep watching regardless of personal opinion. It's the Howard Stern Complex when he was "popular".

"Remember, GST had to make the series to hook in new fans, not please the fans of TOS. However, if he does a good job he'd be able to please both groups."

- I disagree. While Gary Scott Thompson was brought in to make a episodic formula work based upon David Andron's original concepts, when you market this series as a continuation and then alter the past to fit a new "mythology" and change things or refuse to build a proper bridge other then a few name drops and magically generated characters like Graiman without giving a firm reason for their involvement - yes you do run into a problem and that is very much GST's problem to deal with. However there is the possiblility that what he might want to do to involve TOS fans or mythology gets vetoed by NBC execs and in that case it is NBC's fault when the series tanks because they don't want to do what it takes to save a sinking ship.

GST can try to please both groups sure, but in the meantime you have to take into account that Knight Rider is NBC's television property and they call the shots. They have no respect the original mythology of Knight Rider, the creator, and so on -- all they seem to respect is money and how they can make it or how they can save it. The production crew on the new series however, people like Justin, Deanna, Gary Scott Thompson, the writers, etc -- they can want to save Knight Rider, they can start writing better scripts and building the bridge but when it's all said and done they don't hold the power, NBC does.

If Knight Rider goes off the air and doesn't get another season it's not because the fans didn't like it, its not because the fans did like it. It's because NBC decided to pull the plug simply because they can.

It's not up to Gary Scott Thompson or Larson for that matter.

You really need to do more research before you start making wilding claims that simply are not true and in the future, think about how you're using other people's names to express your opinion against others who disagree with you and your preferences. The difference between your usage of names and my usage of names is that I am backing mine up with factual information and in most cases is simply common knowledge.

Faithful Car KRO...

"It's a new generation, and for KI3T to be relevent, KI3T needed to do something that cars cant do, since alot fo what KI2T can do cars can do now. KI3T has too be atleast the vehical of the future, and now he really is.
You got to think, the transforms seem like a natural progression, the Knight Industries car program has got to make advancements that outdate their previous models, and this KI3T does that well."


- I agree it's a new generation but with advanced futuristic lines of thought comes BELIEVABILITY and simply saying "it's a new generation" and things need to be updated isn't enough, it's a copout excuse for weak conceptulizing and story structure. Transformers works because the technology itself mimics our own technology but at the end of the day they are using ALIEN TECHNOLOGY.

Why can't people understand this one fundamental fact that Knight Rider was believable because at the time it was using technology which was based for the most part on technologies that existed at the time -- just not contained in the average car. where as now it's basically just telling people to "go with it" on every single little detail -- no matter how illogical it may be, how far fetched, how rediculously cartoony it gets -- because it's "a new generation" we're all supposed to just sit back and go with the flow. Nanotechnology does not work like a Transformer, you can research to your hearts content about it. Andron had it right, nanotechnology is based upon a principle of shifting form and shape, not complex parts that are generated out of thin air and twisted and spun around like a rubicks cube. However this is where you have to decide where the line between reality and fantasy is drawn -- clearly there is a farther lean towards sci-fi in the new series but it seems to get lost when they inject CSI and Smallville formulas into the mix.

Knight Rider is what you make of it and apparently these factors don't matter to you. That's just fine but don't sit there Faithful Car KRO and try to preach to other people they are wrong for disagreeing with you simply because you choose to accept things they do not. Not everyone chooses to look the other way when there is something in this show that does not make sense.

Knight Rider means different things for different people but you can't force them to like one thing or the other. You can try to reason with them, you can try to disagree with them, you can even justify evidence but when it's all said and done and the debate smoke clears, you decide what Knight Rider means to you and if you want to believe in a Knight Industries Transformers Transport, more power to you.

Respect those who disagree with you and if you don't agree with them, agree to disagree and move on.

These voiced opinions are nothing new and quite frankly there should be less new topics made about the same broken record merry-go-round debates but as far as Larson goes, I felt it necessary to step in and set the record straight.

As far as transforming, there's a fine line between transformering something like a car into a 14 foot robot and using mass shifting techniques (which by the way Michael Bay found absolutely rediculous and refused to use in HIS movie) and popping out a few panels to drive faster --- rediculous as SPM may have looked, it was still infinately more believable than what we we see today with the vehicle transformations.

I could live with a hero mode KITT and an Attack Mode KITT, but to toss in a mini van and a F-150 and a Ford Flex and a underwater "mode", and a police car, it's just a bit much.

You know where I stand with this subject and I welcome you all to continue debating and voicing your collective opinions but let's be civil about it and more importantly make more informed responses.

=VK=
:dash:

User avatar
Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:01 am

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Garthe Knight » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:31 am

Wow, long post. 8)

The pilot last year was meant to be a continuation. They had Michael Knight sr., they had FLAG and they had references to the past like KI2T.

Then GST came, throw everything fans liked away, added his Fast and Furious style, some (not very believable) transformers style to it and tried too hard to make it cool. Maybe some younger kids like this, but as ratings show over 2/3 don't like this and stop tuning in.

So after a good start with the pilot it went in an all wrong direction. They have to fix it, but the damage is done, so I am afraid they didn't use the potential the series has. The potential to be as great as the original was (something TKR never had IMO).

Slayer2004
Volunteer
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:51 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Slayer2004 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:05 am

Right, my turn, all of you need to stop because you are clearly stuck in the 80's/90's

Transformation is not something copied from transformers. This is where you can tell the people who are actually fans and people who just 'watch the show'. The transformation is something which they have adapted from current government projects on transforming vehicles. In the next five years the military are looking to start producing multiterrain vehicles that transform. KR has tried to use that as a way of making KITT look futuristic but adding an element of realism to it. As for the nanotech side of things controlling it, are any of you in the know on Nano Technology that is currently being developed. I'm not and am sure a lot of you are not either, so trying to disrespect someone when you have no idea about it is pointless. The three thousand series is designed to be better, by continually arguing that he does things that are unrealistic, I would like to ask you...do you think the things that the 2000 did were realistic in the early 80's I mean really???

The continuation point, yes it is a continuation, no its not exactly the same and I am glad of that fact, it is over 20 years later if it were the same they would be kinda stuck. It was designed to be more relevant to what happens today not what happened in the 80's.

They cannot have Devon etc etc in it as either people have passed on, not interested or have scheduling conflicts. When this happens, they dont just put the show on hold until it will be a perfect time for everyone. They are now moving back into Flag terratory after what everyone said and they have listened to people, but we need to stop asking for it to be exactly what it was like in the 80's. I am sure here is a thread here somewhere with someone saying that it shoudl be the Hoff driving with Mr Daniels doing the voice of Kitt again. Let it lie now and in the spirit that is action and sci fi, do one more thing. STOP TAKING IT SERIOUSLY AND ENJOY IT.

Rant over, thanks

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:13 am

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:14 am

Slayer2004 wrote:Transformation is not something copied from transformers. This is where you can tell the people who are actually fans and people who just 'watch the show'. The transformation is something which they have adapted from current government projects on transforming vehicles. In the next five years the military are looking to start producing multiterrain vehicles that transform. KR has tried to use that as a way of making KITT look futuristic but adding an element of realism to it. As for the nanotech side of things controlling it, are any of you in the know on Nano Technology that is currently being developed. I'm not and am sure a lot of you are not either, so trying to disrespect someone when you have no idea about it is pointless. The three thousand series is designed to be better, by continually arguing that he does things that are unrealistic, I would like to ask you...do you think the things that the 2000 did were realistic in the early 80's I mean really???


I give you credit for coming up with something, but the transformations were clearly influenced by Transformers dude notwithstanding what the military has going on. Under GST, KR was a medley of Transformers, Fast and Furious, and other things.

User avatar
NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 2:36 pm

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:21 am

Under GST, KR was a medley of Transformers, Fast and Furious, and other things.

In all fairness, the "transformations" angle was brought to the table long before Thompson got involved. In fact, most of us out there were making fun of it when the pilot was still in production.

Having said that, it's clear that the transformations, be it in the pilot or the series, are trying to cash in on the Transformers' success. And it was pretty obvious early on that they'd miserably fail too. It's kind of hard to take a transforming car seriously, when it's a throwback to Inspector Gadget. Go go Gadget KITT!

User avatar
Knight007
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 am

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Knight007 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:26 am

I think I like the idea of transforming, but maybe the way to do apply it needs some change.
I said before, I liked the transformation from the pilot better than the show. if they go back to it, I really think it will be much better. :kitt:

User avatar
Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Manor

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:31 am

Slayer2004 wrote:Right, my turn, all of you need to stop because you are clearly stuck in the 80's/90's

Transformation is not something copied from transformers. This is where you can tell the people who are actually fans and people who just 'watch the show'. The transformation is something which they have adapted from current government projects on transforming vehicles. In the next five years the military are looking to start producing multiterrain vehicles that transform. KR has tried to use that as a way of making KITT look futuristic but adding an element of realism to it. As for the nanotech side of things controlling it, are any of you in the know on Nano Technology that is currently being developed. I'm not and am sure a lot of you are not either, so trying to disrespect someone when you have no idea about it is pointless. The three thousand series is designed to be better, by continually arguing that he does things that are unrealistic, I would like to ask you...do you think the things that the 2000 did were realistic in the early 80's I mean really???

The continuation point, yes it is a continuation, no its not exactly the same and I am glad of that fact, it is over 20 years later if it were the same they would be kinda stuck. It was designed to be more relevant to what happens today not what happened in the 80's.

They cannot have Devon etc etc in it as either people have passed on, not interested or have scheduling conflicts. When this happens, they dont just put the show on hold until it will be a perfect time for everyone. They are now moving back into Flag terratory after what everyone said and they have listened to people, but we need to stop asking for it to be exactly what it was like in the 80's. I am sure here is a thread here somewhere with someone saying that it shoudl be the Hoff driving with Mr Daniels doing the voice of Kitt again. Let it lie now and in the spirit that is action and sci fi, do one more thing. STOP TAKING IT SERIOUSLY AND ENJOY IT.

Rant over, thanks


- Yeah no. Clearly you didn't listen to a word I said about the origins of the "idea" for the series, origins in fact are the key issue for why this series exists in the first place. Perhaps you don't remember Ben Silverman himself saying that it was Transformers that "inspired" him to bring back Knight Rider in the first place. Perhaps you don't recall how it was Transformers that inspired Gary Scott Thompson to do something "new and cooler" than the original series.

Even the "kid" angle of this series was built around how "cool" and "successful" Transformers was for kids and teens today, despite the fact there are STILL NO TOYS offered from this series which is allegedly based off a property where with Transformers, toys were everything and still are today. Hasbro's sales are through the roof because they figured out (with no small thanks to Tom DeSanto's brilliance) that building a movie around toys sells merchandise.

They've done it with Transformers and now theyr'e doing it with GI JOE.

Trying to say that NBC didn't borrow their ideas from Transformers is like saying that the original K.I.T.T. was never a Trans Am, he was always a "T-Top". The next time you want to go off on a rant, do your research instead of following the sheep and whipping out the "It's not the 80s" card to build up a weak rebuttal.

As far as belieiving that the Knight 2000 can do things more realistically than the Knight 3000? Absolutely I believe the Knight 2000 could do what it was "supposed" to do because it had a little thing called TANGIBILITY. You could press buttons in the car, you watched the car do stunts, you saw it crash through things, even if at times it was a cheesy model typically the audience the show was targeted for didn't care at the time it was a minature becauase that was the norm in those days. NO CGI.

You couldn't be lazy enough to do it all in post ( by lazy I mean cost effective these days), you have to find ways to do things in real time, using real methods and because of those things -- because I can sit inside a K2000 and see a REAL DASH witih real working buttons making real sounds in real time --- Yeah I absolutely do believe that the original KITT could do what it was supposed to do.

If you want to split hairs over what is believable and what is pure fictional possibilities, I believed that the original KITT could turbo boost even if it wasn't possible without the use of ramps --- but there is nothing believable about the transforming technology whatsoever and just like turbo boost you either choose to believe its possible or you don't. It's a moot point you are trying to make and quite frankly embarrasing how little you seem to understand about the very subject you're trying to get on a soap box about.

I can guarantee you that I am not alone in how I feel and will continue to feel no matter how many cheerleaders come out of the woodwork to justify that this new series is a continuation or should be accepted because "it's not the 80s/90s" anymore.

I suggest you do less ranting and more studying.

=VK=
:dash:

User avatar
CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:23 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by CJaguar442 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Victor Kros wrote:
Slayer2004 wrote:Right, my turn, all of you need to stop because you are clearly stuck in the 80's/90's

Transformation is not something copied from transformers. This is where you can tell the people who are actually fans and people who just 'watch the show'. The transformation is something which they have adapted from current government projects on transforming vehicles. In the next five years the military are looking to start producing multiterrain vehicles that transform. KR has tried to use that as a way of making KITT look futuristic but adding an element of realism to it. As for the nanotech side of things controlling it, are any of you in the know on Nano Technology that is currently being developed. I'm not and am sure a lot of you are not either, so trying to disrespect someone when you have no idea about it is pointless. The three thousand series is designed to be better, by continually arguing that he does things that are unrealistic, I would like to ask you...do you think the things that the 2000 did were realistic in the early 80's I mean really???

The continuation point, yes it is a continuation, no its not exactly the same and I am glad of that fact, it is over 20 years later if it were the same they would be kinda stuck. It was designed to be more relevant to what happens today not what happened in the 80's.

They cannot have Devon etc etc in it as either people have passed on, not interested or have scheduling conflicts. When this happens, they dont just put the show on hold until it will be a perfect time for everyone. They are now moving back into Flag terratory after what everyone said and they have listened to people, but we need to stop asking for it to be exactly what it was like in the 80's. I am sure here is a thread here somewhere with someone saying that it shoudl be the Hoff driving with Mr Daniels doing the voice of Kitt again. Let it lie now and in the spirit that is action and sci fi, do one more thing. STOP TAKING IT SERIOUSLY AND ENJOY IT.

Rant over, thanks


- Yeah no. Clearly you didn't listen to a word I said about the origins of the "idea" for the series, origins in fact are the key issue for why this series exists in the first place. Perhaps you don't remember Ben Silverman himself saying that it was Transformers that "inspired" him to bring back Knight Rider in the first place. Perhaps you don't recall how it was Transformers that inspired Gary Scott Thompson to do something "new and cooler" than the original series.

Even the "kid" angle of this series was built around how "cool" and "successful" Transformers was for kids and teens today, despite the fact there are STILL NO TOYS offered from this series which is allegedly based off a property where with Transformers, toys were everything and still are today. Hasbro's sales are through the roof because they figured out (with no small thanks to Tom DeSanto's brilliance) that building a movie around toys sells merchandise.

They've done it with Transformers and now theyr'e doing it with GI JOE.

Trying to say that NBC didn't borrow their ideas from Transformers is like saying that the original K.I.T.T. was never a Trans Am, he was always a "T-Top". The next time you want to go off on a rant, do your research instead of following the sheep and whipping out the "It's not the 80s" card to build up a weak rebuttal.

As far as belieiving that the Knight 2000 can do things more realistically than the Knight 3000? Absolutely I believe the Knight 2000 could do what it was "supposed" to do because it had a little thing called TANGIBILITY. You could press buttons in the car, you watched the car do stunts, you saw it crash through things, even if at times it was a cheesy model typically the audience the show was targeted for didn't care at the time it was a minature becauase that was the norm in those days. NO CGI.

You couldn't be lazy enough to do it all in post ( by lazy I mean cost effective these days), you have to find ways to do things in real time, using real methods and because of those things -- because I can sit inside a K2000 and see a REAL DASH witih real working buttons making real sounds in real time --- Yeah I absolutely do believe that the original KITT could do what it was supposed to do.

If you want to split hairs over what is believable and what is pure fictional possibilities, I believed that the original KITT could turbo boost even if it wasn't possible without the use of ramps --- but there is nothing believable about the transforming technology whatsoever and just like turbo boost you either choose to believe its possible or you don't. It's a moot point you are trying to make and quite frankly embarrasing how little you seem to understand about the very subject you're trying to get on a soap box about.

I can guarantee you that I am not alone in how I feel and will continue to feel no matter how many cheerleaders come out of the woodwork to justify that this new series is a continuation or should be accepted because "it's not the 80s/90s" anymore.

I suggest you do less ranting and more studying.

=VK=
:dash:


Right on
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

User avatar
Matthew
Site Administrator
Posts: 1141
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:01 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: England

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Matthew » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:37 pm

Nick,

Would you watch your attitude please, as your posts in this thread appear to have been rather condescending thus far.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

User avatar
Matthew
Site Administrator
Posts: 1141
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:01 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: England

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Matthew » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:42 pm

CJaguar,

We don't need cheerleaders, so please try and post something of substance if you feel the need to comment on a particular view.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

User avatar
Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Manor

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:04 pm

Matthew wrote:Nick,

Would you watch your attitude please, as your posts in this thread appear to have been rather condescending thus far.

Matt


- Matthew, I disagree with you on this one. I didn't drag Larson's name into the thread, I didn't sit there and knock other people for having a difference of opinion. If you consider having an attitude seperating fact from fiction based upon rants and speculative points of view, I really don't know what to tell you. I've kept things respectful and civil. Others haven't been as courteous.

Both Slayer and Knight2000 were out of line and misinformed -- such misinformation can be damaging to other people of more importance from an industry point of view such as Glen A. Larson, Gary Scott Thompson and so on.

=VK=
:dash:

Charlie Brown
Recruit
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Charlie Brown » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Sorry, but I completely disagree with the thread creator.

Please KEEP the transformations, but only use them as the plot deems necessary (A Hard Day's Knight, Fight Knight). I'd only complain if KITT started changing into non-car objects (THEN it would be a rip-off of Transformers).

knightrider2929
Volunteer
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:26 am

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by knightrider2929 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:00 pm

you guys are all morons and not real fans of knightrider clearly

User avatar
Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:44 pm

knightrider2929 wrote:you guys are all morons and not real fans of knightrider clearly


It's a disgrace your thread got as many replies as it has and wasn't immediately locked. Based off your first post, I don't think you have any right to call anyone a moron.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:13 am

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:50 pm

knightrider2929 wrote:you guys are all morons and not real fans of knightrider clearly


Being a fan doesn't mean blindly accept what we're given.

User avatar
Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 821
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Cyber Space
Contact:

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:03 pm

knightrider2929 wrote:you guys are all morons and not real fans of knightrider clearly

So where's the moderator now?

Victor Kros got jumped on for laying down some basic facts and this guy gets away with calling us all morons?

Are we succumbing to political correctness?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com

User avatar
NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 2:36 pm

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:46 pm

How does someone getting away with insults qualify as "political correctness"? The message was posted merely two hours ago. I'm pretty sure this will be taken care of as soon as someone logs in.

Yay defensiveness?

blazevski
Recruit
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:21 pm

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by blazevski » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Transformation rocks! Only thing I agree with is that KITT shouldnt look like Fast and Furious car.... You watch behind the scenes clips u see car cant be driven normally without scratching front bumper... Now how realistical is that?

But I guess noone is going to change the car now (in case they do I hope pilot one comes back) so KR team: Keep up the gr8 work!!! Keep filming the show!!! Its AWSOME!!!

Also some details I'd add:
-SEMI trarailer
-Make KITT more alive (remember old series; when KITT went to auto-cruise the light started glowing, transmission gear got changed, gas pedal got pulled in... all these details made KITT alive but in new series we only get car with black windows and stunt driver in it)
-the music should remind us of the old one... not sayin old should come back but something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBNm06-3 ... re=related (well maybe a bit more modern but the point is u should keep the basic melody)

Thats it :)

User avatar
Knight2000
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:09 pm

My entire post was in direct response to TOP's rant. The entire gist of their post appeared to demonstrate their dislike for the new series. It did not contribute anything new, nor did TOP attempt to make a constructive, coherent arguement. Hence, I spat back in kind.

A more refined arguement clicky

Victor Kros wrote:I take issue with how you are using Glen A. Larson's name like this, Knight2000. You cannot just throw around the idea that because this television show is not being created by Glen you can sit there and justify that rider2929 here is wrong for being upset about saying that to him, Knight Rider is not Transformers.

Is Larson involved in the production of this new show? No. Had Larson brought back KR as a series, would it have turned out as it has now? Highly unlikely.

Victor Kros wrote:even if you threw hundreds of dollars at Larson, it is up to NBC to decide whether Glen's advice is either heeded, considered, or rejected. Throwing money at Glen won't make the show better.

You are talking of hundreds, I'm thinking of a helluva lot more than that - enough wonga to buy all rights to KR. It's not going to happen, given the inordinate amount of money that TOP would need demonstrates the futility of trying to change the series by having a rant.

Victor Kros wrote:- get loads of money and give them to Larson to recreate KR for the new generation - As stated above this makes no difference. Additionally Larson didn't want a television series, he wanted to release his motion picture in peace but NBCU didn't care about that, they did what they chose to do anyway.


TOP enjoyed TOS as created by Larson. Hence (as stated above), give him enough money to buy all rights and create his own show. It would have likely been more in keeping with the theme and spirit of the show, which would have more than likely pleased TOP.
Victor Kros wrote:- pretend to have amnesia, forget TOS and watch the show - NBC should never have marketed it as a continuation of the original series then which was based on a PRE EXISTING concept, no matter how much you try to "ignore" or "forget" about it. If NBC wanted this new Knight Rider to be a brand new version of Knight Rider, they should have called it Knight Rider 2.0
Had NBCU wanted to please TOS fans, surely this would have been evident from the outset, rather than producing what they did?

Victor Kros wrote:- change the channel - Oh yes, change the channel and then Knight Rider's ratings will continue to plummet. Where is the logic in this point? The people who like the show and the people who hate the show is insignificant when both groups of people keep watching regardless of personal opinion.

Nobody is forcing TOP to watch the new show, hence the comment. If there's something on TV I don't want to watch, I'll change the channel. He-man was another childhood fave of mine which was remade in 2002. I didn't like the new series so I stopped watching. Did the show keel over and die because of me? No, it was popular and and plenty of TOS fans watched it and bought the toys.

Victor Kros wrote:"Remember, GST had to make the series to hook in new fans, not please the fans of TOS. However, if he does a good job he'd be able to please both groups."
However there is the possiblility that what he might want to do to involve TOS fans or mythology gets vetoed by NBC execs and in that case it is NBC's fault when the series tanks because they don't want to do what it takes to save a sinking ship.

Given that we cannot identify who wanted/did what, I regard GST and NBCU jointly culpable for the show and whether it suceeds or fails.

Victor Kros wrote:They have no respect the original mythology of Knight Rider, the creator, and so on -- all they seem to respect is money and how they can make it or how they can save it.
[/quote] I completely agree with you there.

User avatar
Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Manor

Re: get rid of stupid transforming this isnt transformers

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:36 pm

Knight 2000,

"You are talking of hundreds, I'm thinking of a helluva lot more than that - enough wonga to buy all rights to KR. It's not going to happen, given the inordinate amount of money that TOP would need demonstrates the futility of trying to change the series by having a rant."

The simple matter is even if you threw a million dollars at Larson or Larson threw a million dollars at NBC to purchase the television rights back, NBCU would still have to care enough to sell them and from what we've seen that's just not going to happen and we can both agree on this.

If NBC wanted to sell the rights, my guess is David Hasselhoff would be first in line to snap them up. Given David's continued passion for the show I'd say that's a safe bet to place before they'd ever offer them to Glen. Also you are correct that if Glen was in charge of the series it would have been a very different show and I would venture to guess based on the motion picture script direction, a better story direction but I don't believe it would have been a continuation either. Glen would want to start from the ground up and rebuild the franchise as he wishes to do with the feature film.

As far as knight2929, he's lost his point now when he chose to go from stating an opinion to calling people "morons" and I'll have nothing more to do with it, politically correct or not. I said what I needed to in this thread and now I'm moving on.

If anyone wishes to discuss anything further, they're welcome to send me a PM.

=VK=
:dash:

Locked