Should Mike get a bit more of a sense of humor?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Should Mike get a bit more of a sense of humor?

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:38 pm

While I like how Justin portrays Mike I think the character is still a bit bland and needs a bit more of a sense of humor every now and then, the writers could exploit the fact that he is working with 3 eggheads and use witty comments every now and then O'Neil stile! For example if any of them Sarah, Billy or Zoe use fancy words and verbose, he could go "I dare you to say that again". :mrgreen:

Just a suggestion...

jshorva65
Recruit

Re: Should Mike get a bit more of a sense of humor?

Post by jshorva65 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:50 pm

Good point! The story I heard was that the premise of TOS evolved from a Producers' joke about adventure-hero characters ... "The Man Of Six Words" ... that was being told around Hollywood at the time when Glen A. Larson was looking for a new show idea. Larson reportedly quipped that KR was ideal because "the car would do most of the talking" or something to that effect. Hasselhoff played well with "eggheads" like in Knight of the Juggernaut when he said "Say that again in English." after Devon explained how the new isotope had been discovered.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:05 pm

We've already seen stuff like that from Mike and Sarah - Sarah has repeatedly said the line "Where were you in science class, Michael?" or something along those lines. One example is when Mike is stealing the X-ray machine in the two-part episode.

If the character change works with Breuning's acting, then I'd find it okay, but I don't think it should be forced. Writers and actors work together to create the characters we see, and generally after a little while, the writers and the actors begin to mesh and the individual lines and overall character are tailored to the actor in question. The new Michael Knight is a result of this.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Diddy1_98
Volunteer

Post by Diddy1_98 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:45 pm

The humor between Mike and Ki3t in the lastbepisode (13, bank one!) was excellent. Sorry about the Ep number I'm from the UK.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:54 am

In TOS, we used to see few minits between KITT abnd Michel just chating with each other about any topic. this chat would include alot of funny and humor stuff.
in KR08 this is still very little i think. Yes, the last episod did have some of this and i hope in the coming episods will continue.
If KITT makes some of the funny joks, that would be good :kitt: