Super Bowl Commercial??? I know this is pushing it but.....

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Re: Super Bowl Commercial??? I know this is pushing it but.....

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:38 am

I agree with the consensus here; they really only promoted the Monday and Thursday night schedules. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday got short shrift. So, KR had a lot of un-promoted company.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:55 am

Shapeshifter wrote:I agree with the consensus here; they really only promoted the Monday and Thursday night schedules. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday got short shrift. So, KR had a lot of un-promoted company.
I tend to think of it logically rather than the rationalization that since its not on Monday night it wasn't featured last night in promos during the game. The other shows don't need ratings b/c they are either ending like ER or are shoe ins for renewal like 30 Rock. Everyone involved with KR has explicitly stated that it needs ratings to survive. From GST to Deanna Russo. This is supported by industry practice, low ratings typically cause a cancellation. Given this information wouldn't it be prudent to show promos for KR on one of the most watched nights of television for an audience that KR is specifically targeted for, ie the male demo if getting people to tune in and boost ratings is what's necessary to get this show renewed? Either NBC does not care about KR, has written it off, or felt that the time was better spent advertising other shows. Whatever door you pick, its bad news for KR.

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:06 pm

i find your lack of faith disturbing commander.....

so by your logic... they don't care about knight rider, law and order, law and order special victims, the biggest loser, deal or no deal, friday night lights, Life, or Howie Do It?

I really think we're reading too much into it... and pushing towards feeling negative.

the shows being promoted heavily... were all coming off hiatus... Heroes... Chuck... Medium... thursday night comedy shows... were shown because it was a 1 hour office following the superbowl...

The one show that I would feel bacd about if i was a fan of was LIFE seeing as its coming off hiatus as well, and i think ive seen one preview for it in two weeks...
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
Shapeshifter wrote:I agree with the consensus here; they really only promoted the Monday and Thursday night schedules. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday got short shrift. So, KR had a lot of un-promoted company.
I tend to think of it logically rather than the rationalization that since its not on Monday night it wasn't featured last night in promos during the game. The other shows don't need ratings b/c they are either ending like ER or are shoe ins for renewal like 30 Rock. Everyone involved with KR has explicitly stated that it needs ratings to survive. From GST to Deanna Russo. This is supported by industry practice, low ratings typically cause a cancellation. Given this information wouldn't it be prudent to show promos for KR on one of the most watched nights of television for an audience that KR is specifically targeted for, ie the male demo if getting people to tune in and boost ratings is what's necessary to get this show renewed? Either NBC does not care about KR, has written it off, or felt that the time was better spent advertising other shows. Whatever door you pick, its bad news for KR.
I try to look at this logically, as well.

It may not be good news for KR, but there are a number of other shows on NBC that fit the demo, could have used promotion, and got no love during the Super Bowl. And unless they're going to jettison half of their line-up, maybe NBC used other criteria to decide what promos to run.

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:23 pm

so lets proove nbc wrooooong we need to get this weeks rating waaay higher then 6.10 the only thing that can save the show is ratings. SO LETS TELL EVRYONE. we need no matter what to hit the 7.5 million this week and climb to 8 next week or else its over. WE NEED RATINGS THERES ONLY 4 EPISODES LEFT WE NEED THIS WEEKS WAY HIGHER THEN 6

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:24 pm

honnziva wrote:i find your lack of faith disturbing commander.....

so by your logic... they don't care about knight rider, law and order, law and order special victims, the biggest loser, deal or no deal, friday night lights, Life, or Howie Do It?
That's not logic. That's a strawman argument, a logical fallacy.

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:31 pm

i would consider this a loooooose, if anything, interpretation of the strawman argument... but i appreciate your opinion, I don't feel like starting anything. deal!?
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:21 pm

by the way forgot to mention thet showed a kitt vs karr comercial during the obama parade i have it recorded. so theres hope we just need ratings which are rising but we need more this week