No More Douches?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TMSBrad
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

No More Douches?

Post by TMSBrad » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:25 pm

My biggest complaint about the series is, believe it or not, the overuse of the term "douche". Every week someone calls someone else a douche. I don't recall hearing it in last night's episode. Hopefully that's behind us. Was one of the writers in middle school?

t.b.77b
Operative

Re: No More Douches?

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:03 pm

I agree this shows language has went a little to far. I love this show but the use of that word has to stop. I don't remember them using it in last nights episode either maybe this is a good sign of things to come.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:53 pm

t.b.77b wrote:I agree this shows language has went a little to far. I love this show but the use of that word has to stop. I don't remember them using it in last nights episode either maybe this is a good sign of things to come.
Frankly I do not have much recollection of them using that word but if it was being excessively used I'm glad they stopped.

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:38 pm

I didn't hear a single "douche" last night, and I was so happy!

I do hope they aren't trying to start a trend of people saying that word on tv, as I heard it on Supernatural last Thursday. Of course, I really wasn't surprised to hear it out of Dean Winchester's mouth, anyway, as he is acts quite immature. Michael Knight, on the other hand, ought to have his mouth washed out with soap if he says that again. The worst language Sr. used was a "damn" here or there, if I remember right.
:dash4:
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:30 pm

When Sarah called Mike a Douche Nozzle, I thought I was gonna die laughing. I re-wound it like 6 times. I never heard that variation before. I think it's a little out of place in the show, but I'm not offended by it.

-Matt

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:55 am

I agree, I hope its behind us now :kitt:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:09 am

Same here. I have the kids to think about. I don't need any calls from the school because Auralia called someone a douche. >_<

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:53 am

Worst part is that they didn't even manage any sort of product tie in! Seriously, where were the Summer's Eve ads? O_o

<_< >_>

*Runs away*
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:07 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Worst part is that they didn't even manage any sort of product tie in! Seriously, where were the Summer's Eve ads? O_o

<_< >_>

*Runs away*
*facepalms*