Letter to Angela Bromst

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: Letter to Angela Bromst

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:31 pm

How are they fans if they want the show to die?

Its like saying ur a fan of a sports team, but if the team stinks u want them to implode and not play anymore to save their franchise history
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:35 pm

GT500KR wrote:How are they fans if they want the show to die?

Its like saying ur a fan of a sports team, but if the team stinks u want them to implode and not play anymore to save their franchise history
Exactomondo! Which is why I call into question that he/she is really a fan...

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Don't use abbreviations for names... and take out the comment about the KARR fight, it seems out of place.

Looking better and better!
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:32 pm

GT500KR wrote:Updated Version of the rough draft
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Ms. Bromstad
Hello Ms. Bromstad, my name is Matt, I am a fan of the new series Knight Rider which airs on your network.
I have been debating about writing a letter to you or NBC in general about the series, because apart of me feels that you or a secretary will read it and throw it in the trash and not care what a fan has to say and not mention it to anyone. I read a report according to Yahoo News it mentions NBC: “The network executive's enthusiasm doesn't extend to the new sitcom "Kath & Kim" and "Knight Rider." The two shows were "fair tries" but aren't holding up in the ratings, she said. She called them "indicative of shows that may or may not be coming back." I read the ratings from Nielson, but I don’t understand how it works, because not everyone has a ratings box. During the 8pm EST hour, Knight Rider has major competition, with FOX show Bones, American Idol and ABC show Lost. Also those shows been on for many seasons so it has their fan base, but this is Knight Rider first season. I feel maybe if Knight Rider was on a different night or a different hour, I think it could succeed in the ratings.
If you or NBC were expecting Knight Rider to have high ratings due to its original tie of the 1980’s version of Knight Rider, you are right and wrong at the same time. However this version of Knight Rider is reaching to a whole new generation of Knight Rider fans that never heard or seen the original series. Recently on the “Knight Writers” blog about the pervious episode “Knight to King’s Pawn” someone asked “Who is Wilton Knight” and “What is special about KARR.” It proves that there is a new generation of fans. According to the ratings at the beginning of season it had decent ratings then after the “Obama commercial” thing, ratings dropped to what they are now. However the bright thing you have to look at it stays steady in its ratings position. Also I read somewhere that Knight Rider is 8th overall in DVR ratings or something like that, so that has to be good right? Also you have to factor in that the 4-6 million with ratings boxes they aren’t the only ones watching the show, you have the people in other countries, people without the ratings boxes and also the people that watch it online or from their DVR.
Knight Rider episodes have been getting better and better since episode 10 with the transition into the “Reboot/Retool” of Knight Rider that will occur. If any of you go onto NBC Knight Rider Board, or KnightRideronline.com you have a lot of support for the show. Though with the recent episode that had KARR, was a good episode from start to finish, but the fight scene was kind of a let down to me because I was hoping maybe a longer fight, but MasterKeyFilms did an awesome job on the fight. I also understand that the budget might of have been trimmed down since NBC removal of the further production of episodes 18-22.
I have been “updating” about Knight Rider on TeamShelby.com/Forums, and recently I had a poll about if they “Like or Dislike” Knight Rider the people that participated in the poll about more than 75% of them said they like the show.
I believe GST is trying to make the best possible Knight Rider TV show with all the resources that has been given to him. If the money isn’t there GST can’t make a better Knight Rider to draw in more viewers and possible make the ratings go up. However, NBC lack of commercials for the show hasn’t been great, how are you going to expect to get more viewers if you don’t promote the show? Why can’t Deanna Russo or Justin Bruening to make an appearance on your networks Talk shows like Jay Leno or Conan O’brien?
I understand Knight Rider wouldn’t pick up right from the original series because it has been 25 years. With the recent episode “Knight to King’s Pawn” it was great to have a reference to Wilton Knight and FLAG: Foundation for Life & Government. I really want to see Knight Rider to make a return to NBC next fall, if not NBC maybe switch it over to one of your cable channels, like the USA Network.
I don’t watch many programs on your network, except for Knight Rider, The Office, or occasionally Tonight Show with Jay Leno. However I don’t watch much TV in general except for a NBA or College Basketball game. Some shows 1st seasons aren’t the greatest, for instance, I thought The Office 1st season was pretty stupid, but it started getting better with the second season, and look how great the show has become.
To me Knight Rider was made for me to relax on the couch and enjoy an hour on Wednesday nights. Please don’t take that away from me and other millions of people that watch the show.
This show has been the greatest continuation of Knight Rider since the 1980’s. Team Knight Rider, Knight Rider 2000, and Knight Rider 2010 are no match compared to this new series.
In the original series, Wilton Knight said “One man can make a difference” but in your case “One woman can make a difference.” Please don’t take Knight Rider away from us. Please consider a second season; I believe GST and his writers can make an excellent second season.
Thank you for your time and reading this, hope you take your time determine the future of Knight Rider.
This shows a lot of passion, which is good. Note, however, that running this letter through a quick spell/grammar check will work wonders - attention to detail will reflect well on all fans, not just yourself. Any letter to any executive in power should be checked for little mistakes and omissions before being sent off; think of it like a job interview in which you want to make a good impression.

I do commend your passion and I share your spirit. I'm stuck at home on Wednesday nights and hell, I gotta have -something- to watch... :P
Sue wrote:
neps wrote:Hey,

I'm working on a page to download pre-formated letters that you print out to sign, mail and send. If anyone wishes to write a good letter for something like this - please let me know!

Neil
Dear Angela Bromstad,
We are long time fans of Knight Rider, both old and new. We are fans by every definition of the term, “fanatical.” Over-enthusiastic some might say, but we prefer another synonym, “passionate.” Yes we do buy every Knight Rider product to come into stores, and yes we have been known to leave NBC on during a show we normally do not watch in hopes of catching another Knight Rider commercial. But by passionate we are also people who are dedicated to something that we believe in. We believe in a show that has touched us as children, and has touched many of us who live all around the world. We passionately want to see this show get the chance that it deserves. A chance to be seen by audiences everywhere who we know will love it dearly. We do not have a Nielsen box in our homes, and so we are writing to you now that our voices may be heard.
I am a Knight Rider Fan!
Signed
_________
Sue, this is perfect. I will happily put my name on this.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:46 pm

i edit something to it since i posted it, i still have tomorrow to work on it
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

scorbing
Recruit

Post by scorbing » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Your letter is great but with all honesty, you are wasting your time. She doesn't care what you and I think about KR and she will just ignore your request.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:25 pm

its the weekend, i have nothing better to do with my time
~Jay Leno

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTfan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:33 am

Hope the letters will make a difference.
Ok this is just the rough draft so maybe you've already plan to do what I now suggest but anyway, as the letter seems to be quite lengthy, I'd suggest shorter paragraphing, kind of like one matter in one paragraph. Then separating the paragraphs with an empty line so the letter would be easier to read, something like this:
GT500KR wrote:Updated Version of the rough draft
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Ms. Bromstad
Hello Ms. Bromstad, my name is Matt, I am a fan of the new series Knight Rider which airs on your network.
I have been debating about writing a letter to you or NBC in general about the series, because apart of me feels that you or a secretary will read it and throw it in the trash and not care what a fan has to say and not mention it to anyone. I read a report according to Yahoo News it mentions NBC: “The network executive's enthusiasm doesn't extend to the new sitcom "Kath & Kim" and "Knight Rider." The two shows were "fair tries" but aren't holding up in the ratings, she said. She called them "indicative of shows that may or may not be coming back."

I read the ratings from Nielson, but I don’t understand how it works, because not everyone has a ratings box. During the 8pm EST hour, Knight Rider has major competition, with FOX show Bones, American Idol and ABC show Lost. Also those shows been on for many seasons so it has their fan base, but this is Knight Rider first season. I feel maybe if Knight Rider was on a different night or a different hour, I think it could succeed in the ratings.

If you or NBC were expecting Knight Rider to have high ratings due to its original tie of the 1980’s version of Knight Rider, you are right and wrong at the same time. However this version of Knight Rider is reaching to a whole new generation of Knight Rider fans that never heard or seen the original series. Recently on the “Knight Writers” blog about the pervious episode “Knight to King’s Pawn” someone asked “Who is Wilton Knight” and “What is special about KARR.” It proves that there is a new generation of fans. According to the ratings at the beginning of season it had decent ratings then after the “Obama commercial” thing, ratings dropped to what they are now. However the bright thing you have to look at it stays steady in its ratings position. Also I read somewhere that Knight Rider is 8th overall in DVR ratings or something like that, so that has to be good right? Also you have to factor in that the 4-6 million with ratings boxes they aren’t the only ones watching the show, you have the people in other countries, people without the ratings boxes and also the people that watch it online or from their DVR.

Knight Rider episodes have been getting better and better since episode 10 with the transition into the “Reboot/Retool” of Knight Rider that will occur. If any of you go onto NBC Knight Rider Board, or KnightRideronline.com you have a lot of support for the show. Though with the recent episode that had KARR, was a good episode from start to finish, but the fight scene was kind of a let down to me because I was hoping maybe a longer fight, but MasterKeyFilms did an awesome job on the fight. I also understand that the budget might of have been trimmed down since NBC removal of the further production of episodes 18-22.

I have been “updating” about Knight Rider on TeamShelby.com/Forums, and recently I had a poll about if they “Like or Dislike” Knight Rider the people that participated in the poll about more than 75% of them said they like the show.

I believe GST is trying to make the best possible Knight Rider TV show with all the resources that has been given to him. If the money isn’t there GST can’t make a better Knight Rider to draw in more viewers and possible make the ratings go up. However, NBC lack of commercials for the show hasn’t been great, how are you going to expect to get more viewers if you don’t promote the show? Why can’t Deanna Russo or Justin Bruening to make an appearance on your networks Talk shows like Jay Leno or Conan O’brien?

I understand Knight Rider wouldn’t pick up right from the original series because it has been 25 years. With the recent episode “Knight to King’s Pawn” it was great to have a reference to Wilton Knight and FLAG: Foundation for Life & Government. I really want to see Knight Rider to make a return to NBC next fall, if not NBC maybe switch it over to one of your cable channels, like the USA Network.

I don’t watch many programs on your network, except for Knight Rider, The Office, or occasionally Tonight Show with Jay Leno. However I don’t watch much TV in general except for a NBA or College Basketball game. Some shows 1st seasons aren’t the greatest, for instance, I thought The Office 1st season was pretty stupid, but it started getting better with the second season, and look how great the show has become.

To me Knight Rider was made for me to relax on the couch and enjoy an hour on Wednesday nights. Please don’t take that away from me and other millions of people that watch the show.
This show has been the greatest continuation of Knight Rider since the 1980’s. Team Knight Rider, Knight Rider 2000, and Knight Rider 2010 are no match compared to this new series.
In the original series, Wilton Knight said “One man can make a difference” but in your case “One woman can make a difference.” Please don’t take Knight Rider away from us. Please consider a second season; I believe GST and his writers can make an excellent second season.

Thank you for your time and reading this, hope you take your time determine the future of Knight Rider.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:24 am

If you plan on writing a letter, making it short and to the point is the best approach. Think of it as something as important like a cover letter on a resume. They aren't going to read every word of what you liked and didn't like, so don't waste your time down that avenue.

You see this post? Notice how short it is? You actually read this, didn't you? I bet most of you just skipped those long ass postings of the peeps showing off their book-sized letters. And that's my point. :good: