knight rider changing it name to the knight?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MikeLutton
Operative

knight rider changing it name to the knight?

Post by MikeLutton » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:37 pm

hey is this true i heard rumors of them changing the title to the knight and cutting rider out if it true it is going suck who want watch show called the knight it is knight rider it going take away all the show stands for has anyone else heard this

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Re: knight rider changing it name to the knight?

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:40 pm

don't worry, there is nothing that can take away from this show.

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:47 pm

sure hope not knight rider need to stay the same no matter what happens the name has to stay the same its knight rider no questions about it i can not wait til i get box set i got my dvds now dvd player on the fritz long as hoff joins and daniels it be all better i know nbc wont be that stupid to take the rider out of the knight.

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by neps » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:23 pm

That seems like a silly rumor. The only thing KR has over many new shows this fall is the name recognition. It tested high in brand awareness because of it. Changing the name would never happen.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:08 am

As a response to what you said: there's nothing left for them to take away that they've already taken from this show (except from Rider of course). I bet the reboot will worsen the situation even more adversely. All of which is being supervised by GST in a desperate attempt of raising the viewer ratings. If 'Rider' is removed from 'Knight' there will be no connection to TOS.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:38 am

Knight-Armen wrote:
As a response to what you said: there's nothing left for them to take away that they've already taken from this show (except from Rider of course). I bet the reboot will worsen the situation even more adversely. All of which is being supervised by GST in a desperate attempt of raising the viewer ratings. If 'Rider' is removed from 'Knight' there will be no connection to TOS.
why does anyone think the "retool," not "reboot" and it isnt even a retool because it's more like a change in the story arc in all honesty....i digress...but the, "thing," was put into motion before the show ever was showed on tv, as information about Dont Stop The Knight was finally put out right before episode one aired. Therefor, the "thing had little to do with ratings since, like i just said, they were filming episodes 10, 11, 12 and 13 while the show was first airing.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:55 pm

im getting nerves just thinking about it ido hope it just a rumor better be one i miss it already mabye this break for holidays give writers time to think of good ideas they said theywas going make it like original show n hoff might return with daniels just hope so i want ol kr back

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:06 am

I think it's just some rumor going around...just like the fake posters that are floating around for Glen Larson's Motion Picture.KR is a well-known name,and I don't think they are going to change it anytime soon.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:01 pm

they should change the name to "plop"

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:20 pm

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – KITT is getting a tune-up. NBC's struggling freshman drama "Knight Rider" is undergoing a major retooling, bringing it closer to the original 1980s series. Among the changes, the options of three regulars on the show -- Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Yancey Arias and Bruce Davison -- were not picked up beyond the initial 13-episode order.

"It's a reboot," "Knight" executive producer/showrunner Gary Scott Thompson said. "We're moving away from the terrorist-of-the-week formula and closer to the original, making it a show about a man and his car going out and helping more regular people, everymen."

Such a change would make "Knight" a better fit into NBC's newly rebranded crime drama Wednesday lineup alongside "Life" and "Law & Order."

The revamped "Knight" will kick off with the two-part Episodes 10-11. NBC is planning a major push, including possibly airing Episode 10 on Sunday after an NFL football game in January, with the conclusion airing the following Wednesday.

The series has been struggling in the Wednesday 8 p.m. slot, dropping last week to a season-low 5.1 million viewers.

The retooling had been put in motion long before the full-season order for "Knight" three weeks ago. The series is now filming Episode 15.

There are no immediate plans to add new regulars to the show, which will focus on the five remaining characters: Mike (Justin Bruening), Sarah (Deanna Russo), Billy (Paul Campbell), Zoe (Smith Cho) and KITT. The producers also are looking to do stunt guest castings.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/sho ... p?t=235828" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

proably here where i got the info

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:29 pm

I think you just took that the wrong way. Writers was just shortening the name, I know entertainment "reporters" do that all the time with shows that have titles with more than one word in them. One, old example would be Married With Children which was just called "Married" quite often.

Besides, that info now seems to be out of date and or inaccurate or flat out wrong as I looked up the dates of the NFL playoffs and the only football game NBC has on Sunday is the Superbowl which is in February. Probably no Sunday episode either.

FX23 wrote:they should change the name to "plop"
You should change your name to Troll.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: