getting me more hooked every week

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K2000kid
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

getting me more hooked every week

Post by K2000kid » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:54 pm

KARR is BACK!!!!!!!
also KITT using contractions is a nice touch
"I didn't realize i was sarah"
Do you think Mikes mysterious past has to do with KARR
Hmmmmmmmmm
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Re: getting me more hooked every week

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:42 pm

K2000kid wrote:KARR is BACK!!!!!!!
KITT has always been able to use them, Data from ST TNG was the one that couldnt, although Ki2t would never say 'aint' apart from in "killer kitt" i think it was (someone correct if i'm wrong...)
K2000kid wrote:Do you think Mikes mysterious past has to do with KARR
Hmmmmmmmmm
Having not seen the episode yet but from what we've seen of the series so far, I'd say Mikes past is more tied to Torres than KARR...

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:57 pm

Ya know i thought this would be such a tongue in cheek episode but i was on the edge of my seat...i mean KARR gets re-introduced and almost lost KITT all in the same episode. To all the haters all i have to say is KNIGHT RIDER IS BACK.!!!!!!!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:11 am

pheonix_knight wrote:
K2000kid wrote:KARR is BACK!!!!!!!
KITT has always been able to use them, Data from ST TNG was the one that couldnt, although Ki2t would never say 'aint' apart from in "killer kitt" i think it was (someone correct if i'm wrong...)
You have to remember that this KITT isn't the one that we saw in the eighties, so whilst the original KITT may have learnt to use contractions off screen, the writers and producers of the new series appear to have made a concerted effort to ensure that the new KITT didn't use them on screen until tonight, as it's yet another way of subtly indicating that the new KITT is in the process of learning from the people that are around him, which, as established last night, has led to a sense of subconscious evolution.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:45 am

I forsee Ki3t using Mikes phrase "thats how we roll, right...?" at some point

and quite rightly

the relationship between the 2 central characters IS Knight Rider of old, its the next generation of it but the essence is still there

Ki2t did, on occasion, call MK "pal" and emulate some of MK's 'turn of phrase' and the new pairing is shaping up similarly...

Well done GST and co!

Renegade94
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Renegade94 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:51 pm

I truely see each episode getting better and better as all of the new characters start to really define their relationships with eachother as well as KITT! KITT is really learning at a high rate and his personality is really starting to show through now as is also his relationship with Michael. The two of them have really started to rekindle that relationship that the old KITT and Michael had! I also think that too many people have been too harsh on this show because it is not exactly like the old show, and I just say that you all need to give it a chance, the old stuff that worked in the 80's just will not fly now if we want to get new viewers that were not even born when the old series ran! I just want to thank the writers of the show and NBC for bringing back our all time favorite show with the promise to also pay tribute to the old show when and where possible! :good:
"KITT keep your eyes peeled" Michael
"Michael I do not have eyes" KITT
"Figure of speech KITT" Michael
From Knight In Shining Armor

Muffin
Volunteer

Post by Muffin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Oh I totally agree. I finally saw a KI3T that I can warm up to. And the comradery (sp) that is building between him and Mike is very nice to see.