This was the first episode I liked more than 50%. JB's acting was a little better. Less interference, more coherent storyline. It felt more important.
The beginning, with the switching etc and the KITT-as-a-van mode was used quite well. I agree with the comments that they should have blindfolded or in some way hidden the path to the SCC. Didn't really like the whole spin thing but it wasn't too bad.
I personally think Sarah gets too much airtime in the show. IMO it should be 75% KITT and Mike, with the remaining 25% SCC/Sarah/etc. It feels less of a "one-man, one-machine" show. Didn't miss Rivai while she was away so I'm leaning towards her being less prominent on the show.
PHOENIXZERO wrote:I think the cop car scene showed a bit of KITT learning with his tapping into the police frequency without being told to do so like he was to reverse just before that.
This is how I wanted KI2T to be - less reliant on human input and more autonomous with his actions.
Rockatteer wrote:It's a pity the Zoe character is such a ditz
She reminds me of Amy from Futurama!
I loved some of the feel of TOS. The beginning where MK and KI3T stop in the desert, or the way they drive off at the end. I felt waves of nostalgia coming from this ep.
I honestly feel this episode would have fared better had it been towards the end of the season or even series. There'd be a lot more emotion. Viewers would actually care
that MK was going to die. Doing it right at the beginning and you know JB's going to live, just not how.
MR2NR wrote:Well to bad Obwawmama is going to make us wait 2 weeks for the next episode