Live Discussion Thread - Journey To The End Of Knight

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

djshag69
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion Thread - Journey To The End Of Knight

Post by djshag69 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:39 pm

Now that was a good episode,

What i liked:

-Loved the whole angle about kitt learning,
-The angle with whats going with Michael and Alex Torres
-I was speechless when kitt was about to make a duplicate of the key
-Just when i was getting my speech back i lost it again seeing kitt racing through the desert with the music kicking in

Also am i the only one that looked at my watch and said "Theres only 10min left how are they going to capture the bad guys" haha
Ice rider coming 2009

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:40 pm

cloudkitt wrote: My roommates and I all cheered when we heard the theme and KITT came up through the desert. Freaking brilliant.
So absolutely true, I had goosebumps there.

And the new abilities were excellent.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:42 pm

Oh yeah.... Am I the only one that hopes they "confiscate" that black semi and convert it into the new mobile unit? :-D

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:43 pm

I thought the second ep was great! The hour went by too quickly though. But.. I did miss the first 10 minutes though as everyone thought that would be a great time to call/come down and talk to me. :?

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:51 pm

goldbug wrote:
Lost Knight wrote:I'd like to know what happens when K.I.T.T. starts to watch horror/violent movies and begins to get too human. I saw a setup for disaster, personally. What happens when K.I.T.T. realizes he has the upper hand on everybody down the line? :twisted:
If he watches "Terminator", they're screwed. :wink:
-head explodes- That would be like...Killer Kitt on steriods. Now I'm gonna desperately hope for an episode like that XD

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:53 pm

KnightCrusader99 wrote:Oh yeah.... Am I the only one that hopes they "confiscate" that black semi and convert it into the new mobile unit? :-D
Yeah...The plane certainly has its advantages, make no mistake. But when they're undercover, or in less-open terrain something more maneuverable would certainly be preferable like, say, I dunno...a semi?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:02 pm

Bravo, much much better than last week's episode. Dancing with the Stars wasn't on so I hope the ratings will be better this week. My only tiny complaint is some of the green screen effects could be cleaned up a bit. The writing was much improved and wasn't so super fast but still exciting. The actors seemed more comfortable with their roles. Action, humor and heart. More like this please.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:04 pm

where was carrie in this episode?

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:09 pm

cajunknight0153 wrote:where was carrie in this episode?
You know. I didn't even notice her missing until you just pointed it out.

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:13 pm

You know, when ITT breaks down i think its referring to the original Knight RIder. In the original, ki2t would always say you can turbo boost, do this that and they always make it. Here when the ki3k says cant, he really cant. Also Michael humorously replies "i though never was maybe" or along the lines of that. More action and more underground. loved how kitt could use his hood as touchscreen. Weird of mike's tattoo.

Temperal
Stranger

Post by Temperal » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:24 pm

This episode was way cool. Back to the original series. I like that they are slowly working on K.I.T.T. having a personality. This is the way any Knight Rider should be. I loved the whole Michale back story that they are building in. If they keep up the good writing and add more spunk to K.I.T.T's personality we'll have a great run.

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:36 pm

2knight wrote:
cajunknight0153 wrote:where was carrie in this episode?
You know. I didn't even notice her missing until you just pointed it out.
Ditto! It totally just hit me! But I don't see Rivai as being a necessary character *all* the time like the other members of the SSC.
Now, about the episode;
I too found that this episode is much improved from last week. Even though I was flipping btwn "Knight" & "Bones". (I'm a loyal "angel" fan lol) So That means alot! Especailly considering I eventuallly (gasp!) turned off Bones to watch Knight.
I am fairly new to the Knight community, though I do have vauge memories of TOS, and had a KITT as a kid. Anyway, I do think this ep tapped into the original spirit and unfortunately, fast cars and girls in bikini's will *always* sell. :roll:
My hubby was blown away by the premiere, and I think he will be equally surprised by this one too.

But the main thing I LOVE, and sorry to some but, Val Kilmer AND a Mustang in one!? I think I just died and went to heaven! LOL
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Onyx
Stranger

Post by Onyx » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:39 pm

Ok, so does anyone know what kind of car that is? The car I am referring to is the car that gets totaled in the beginning of the episode. It is also the car they stole from that wannabe Hugh Hefner. My first reaction was a Murcielago Roadster but when the camera panned out I realized it wasnt. I think it may be a car called "Leer"....some unknown exotic car company. But does anyone know for a fact what it is?

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:41 pm

Especially given that they wrecked it, I'm pretty positive it was a kit car. Actually, it looked like a murcielago with infiniti g35 brakelights, lol

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:46 pm

cloudkitt wrote:Especially given that they wrecked it, I'm pretty positive it was a kit car. Actually, it looked like a murcielago with infiniti g35 brakelights, lol
Personally, I thought it more resembled a Ferrari Enzo or Modena. But I've never seen that car before, either.

I will say that I very much like the fact that they aren't afraid to put the Mustang up against way more exotic cars as opposed to making K.I.T.T. look like the best car on the road.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Onyx
Stranger

Post by Onyx » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Seems I have figured out the Car......as with every other car in the show, it is a car "Related" to FORD.
It is in fact the SHELBY SSC
http://www.shelbysupercars.com/news-071208.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suppose we are to assume that there will only be FORD cars in this show. Well, thats ok I suppose :)

And what is with them using a SPYKER two weeks in a row? Is it also related to FORD somehow?

Rjaniz
Recruit

Post by Rjaniz » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:50 pm

MUCH better than the first show. Enjoyed nearly everything about it. Questions I had were ... mostly... answered

One thing that ended up standing out for me though:
throw-away line for explanation on transformations would be beneficial. For example... truck mode. A quick line of "we could cover this terrain better in truck mode." would have done wonders. But the sudden "kitt switch to..." out of the blue kind of made littl sense.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:52 pm

There was an old episode where KITT raced a porsche I remember.

And I knew it wouldn't be long before we saw the Ford GT. I thought it was actually quite a dilemma for them...they can't have KITT lose, but they can't have a Mustang beat their own GT either. So the race gets interrupted of course :P Not to mention, the INSTANT I saw the Yukon I knew "Well, that's a GM, it's gonna blow up."

And my only other reservation, are they gonna show that in-engine animation for every turbo boost? It was bad enough hearing them repeat the vooooooosh a million times in the old one....

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:57 pm

YES!!!!!!

Now that's more like it! This episode screamed Knight Rider and even expanded on the formula. Very well done, I was terrified of another episode like last week and this one was great.

A few remaining complaints:

1.) Scanner sound is too often, it only needs to happen once each time we see the scanner, really.
2.) Less green screen, more real driving scenes. Overall this episode improved on this but keep working it.
3.) Still don't like the Turbo Boost CG and the neon KR under the car.

I'll stop there, don't want to be too negative as this episode totally delivered! Make that desert scene the first shot in the intro!!! Classic!

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:02 pm

I knew this was going to be a great episode!

I loved the interactions with Mike & KITT especially, they are doing a great job at making this show fun, sitting on the edge, and yet classic at the same time. I like how there are backstories and little things hidden about peoples past, most of all the moment he put his hand on the hood with the tattoo was very touching and I can't wait to see how it progress's! Lets do it and keep it up GST!

I have to say it reminds me a lot of the old MK & KITT's interactions.

Joe
Last edited by JJSoCrazy on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Onyx wrote:Seems I have figured out the Car......as with every other car in the show, it is a car "Related" to FORD.
It is in fact the SHELBY SSC
http://www.shelbysupercars.com/news-071208.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suppose we are to assume that there will only be FORD cars in this show. Well, thats ok I suppose :)

And what is with them using a SPYKER two weeks in a row? Is it also related to FORD somehow?
Shelby Super Car has no relation with Carroll Shelby and Shelby Autos or FORD. Shelby Super Car creator Jerod Shelby, who is not related to Carroll Shelby.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:12 pm

zero wrote:YES!!!!!!

Now that's more like it! This episode screamed Knight Rider and even expanded on the formula. Very well done, I was terrified of another episode like last week and this one was great.

A few remaining complaints:

1.) Scanner sound is too often, it only needs to happen once each time we see the scanner, really.
2.) Less green screen, more real driving scenes. Overall this episode improved on this but keep working it.
3.) Still don't like the Turbo Boost CG and the neon KR under the car.

I'll stop there, don't want to be too negative as this episode totally delivered! Make that desert scene the first shot in the intro!!! Classic!

Also noticed that the scanner is really loud o.O They're like 20 feet away and it sounds like their right next to it. Makes Kitt sound like a stalker XD
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:20 pm

KnightCrusader99 wrote:
MR2NR wrote:I thought it was G R E A T! The ratings had better be better tonight or they have given the Nelson Ratings box's too Monkeys!!! I was however disappointed in the commercials. I thought there was one every minute but it maybe was because I was so involved in the show.
My best friend has a Nielsen box. I told him I would hurt him if he wasn't watching Knight Rider. Luckily, he is a fan too... cause I'd hate to have to hurt my best friend ;-)
Speaking of that, I REALLY hated the old "My best friend betrayed me" gimmick. I am so tired of that. I wanted Mike to shove him on the hole head first. other than that, I'm not sure I like the hood screen, or whatever you want to call it-the KITT crew is still bugging me (I'm hoping I'll warm up to Smith Cho next week) and Alex Torres needs to go. I'd be willing to sacrifice the KITT cave if we could just ditch the unnecessary extras. Oh, and whose idea was it to put Sarah in the field, anyway? Not that I'm complaining, but Charles doesn't seem happy about it. I'd kind of like to see that explored a bit more. I am starting to warm up to KI3T, as he's known around these parts, and I found a lot of chuckles in this episode. It's getting better, just needs a bit more fine tuning.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

vertigo778
Knight Rider 2008 Creative

Post by vertigo778 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:29 pm

hey guys,

Vertigo here form the VFX team, glad everyone liked this one, we had a fun time with it, especially with the car transforming in the air, mike looking down at the kid, and KITT's laser. And of course the classic desert scene racing toward us :)

Some quick comments about the VFX shots in general:

1) With the quantity of driving work, its easier to shoot the actors on green screen, particularly for high speed stuff. We'd love to tow them around on a rig, but its would take a lot longer, which is tough for a TV show these days.

2) Believe me, KITT has a lot of tricks up his sleeve similar to the laser stuff, particularly in this next week's episode and beyond, so watch out for it :)

3) If anyone has specific comments about the VFX work (*except the KR logo* ;), let me know as we're always looking for room for improvement.

4) To answer your question about the car he was racing in the first race, it was something called a "Predator". I don't know what kind of car that is totally, but its got the stylings of a lamboghini.

I'm stoked about you guys seeing the next episode too, its got some pretty wicked stuff in it, just wait and see next week :)

- Vertigo
- Knight Rider VFX Team

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:53 pm

3 words IT WAS AWESOME....that was by far the best one yet...a season of those and they will have it in the bag