Divide up the KR08 Forum?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Divide up the KR08 Forum?

Post by neps » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:49 am

Hey All,

Curious what you thought about dividing this forum up into smaller subforums. I'm torn. I find it hard to follow all these threads these days, but it can also be difficult to track multiple forums.

Was thinking it would be:

General
Episode Discussion
Spoiler / Future Thoughts

Any feedback or recommendations welcomed!

neil

GTiGirl
Rookie

Re: Divide up the KR08 Forum?

Post by GTiGirl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:07 pm

neps, I think that's a good idea since the number of posts has increased considerably.

Will be much more accessible for research and participation in issues 8)

Keep the good work :good:
Knight Rider Portugal: http://knightriderportugal.forumeiros.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:21 pm

Yeah, I think that would work well. Then hopefully in the episode discussion we could have one large topic per episode instead of some people either not paying attention or feeling the need to try and get more attention by expressing their opinion in their own topics. Though I guess you shouldn't really stop others from making their own topics.

But it would be good to have a spoilers/future spoilers or opinions on them and that sort of thing in one sub forum where people will be less prone to coming across them if they're not interested. Of course then General could be used for the non-episode related stuff. :D

Hopefully people will pay enough attention and post in the appropriate forums.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:00 pm

I agree with that, it's a very good division you've planned, Neil.

General for the... er... general stuff.

Episode Discussion for past and present discussions about episodes with one topic per episode as Phoenixzero suggested (or maybe more, if needed, topic formatted such as Episode ##: -topic-, i.e. Episode 101: Michael's Past Discussion, Episode 101: Bloopers, etc). This way people can enter the topics that relate only to episodes they've watched, avoiding spoilers for those who haven't seen certain episodes.

Spoilers and Future Thoughts discussing later episodes, though I think some parts of the future thoughts (such as the HUD and VOX design improvements we're discussing at the moment) might go into General too.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Yes, neps. It is very good idea! Good work! 8)

Alex.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:13 pm

I definitely think it's a good idea to pull out episode discussions into their own forum, but I think one topic per episode is going to be a problem. Each episode is going to generate a lot of discussion, and it will get confusing have a 20-page thread. Does each episode have its own mini-forum? Maybe. It should be a given that the episode forum will be loaded with spoilers and people shouldn't have to worry about using spoiler tags in there (unless you're bringing in ome new information.)

For my preference, I think the General discussion can still be a catch-all for all other subjects, and we wouldn't need to divide it up further.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:23 pm

i like the idea

Knight-industry-2008
Recruit

Post by Knight-industry-2008 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:27 pm

good idea

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:52 pm

Yeah, I think that would work well, its often quite difficult to keep track of the threads in this section. Could you make the current showing episode discussion a sticky for that particular week and then when the latest ones aired replace it with that instead?

Just an idea.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:09 pm

Great idea. Anything to stop us poor lot in the UK and rest of the world spoiling KR08 :good:

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:53 pm

Hmmm, so many clicks to get to where I’m going… How bout making a forum for TOS and separating that out of the General discussion then General Discussion be the new general discussion and KR08 can become episode discussions and spoilers and things.

I imagine newbie’s might be confused by what we mean by general discussion otherwise. And I kinda think TOS should have its own unadulterated forum.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:31 pm

I'd vote for a sub forum dedicated to episode discussion, and this forum as is for general discussion of the show.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:36 pm

I like that idea. More acccuratelty what your looking for to discuss, and also maybe in one of those throw in what new stuff KITT may get or some stuff from the original maybe a mythology section?

Joe