is val klimer stil K.I.T.T.

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-industry-2008
Recruit

is val klimer stil K.I.T.T.

Post by Knight-industry-2008 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:09 am

in the new commercial the voice of K.I.T.T not klimer so my question is Klimer still K.I.T. in the series i hope so

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: is val klimer stil K.I.T.T.

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:16 am

I've never heard of any changes for KI3T's voice actors,so I think it will still be him.There's also the possiblity that his contract doesn't include promos,or they want him to finish recording KI3T's lines in time so they can add them in the show.They wouldn't want him to rush and mess up like in the pilot.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Knight-industry-2008
Recruit

Post by Knight-industry-2008 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:10 am

alright

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:55 am

Maybe it's because i want to hear it but to me it does sound like val Kilmers voice at least when KI3t says 'i bet your car can't do that.

Val Kilmer has recently commented on how he has already done at least an episodes worth of lines in a 3hr session or something like that. (it'll be in the news headlines somewhere) Plus if the voice had changed i'm sure we would have heard it on the grapevine by now.

I've watched it a few times now and rightly or wrongly i am more convinced that that is Val Kilmer, am i the only one?
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:49 am

You could be right Snoosh,

There's definitely something about the voice that bares an uncanny resemblance to that of the Ice Man. If that is him, like I hope, it goes a long way towards disproving the idea that KITT will sound as monotonous as he did in the pilot, because the effects that have been added to that clip are a definite improvement, as the voice appears to have a level of depth that we haven't heard thus far.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:58 pm

From watching both new promos the latest one really doesn't sound like Kilmer, unless things have been heavily re-worked and they have someone coaching him on how they want things enunciated. It just doesn't seem like it's him at all.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Stylez wrote:From watching both new promos the latest one really doesn't sound like Kilmer, unless things have been heavily re-worked and they have someone coaching him on how they want things enunciated. It just doesn't seem like it's him at all.
Whether or not it is Val Kilmers voice i would expect that he would definetly had some coaching to give greater definition to the enounciating things and alternate ways of phrasing as needed since his supposed lack thereof was a point of great contention to many fans and critics. It has been said before but William Daniels performances in the pilot and beyond are decidely different.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:15 pm

I'm pretty sure they mentioned Kilmer at the Comic Con Panel. And let's not forget that it sounded remarkably like him in the "Yeah, I'm Shiny" and "Just wait until you see my turbo boost" ads.

If his voice sounds a bit different now then maybe it's because he has a more human tone to his voice rather than the robotic tone in the pilot.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;