10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

User avatar
Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
Posts: 1450
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:20 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: From NJ now in LA
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Sue » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:51 pm

Kaine wrote:hm, i think these Dakota Digital Instruments have potential... :wink:

Image


Wow! HAL sure fit into that one nicely. :good:

neps wrote:He still is Michael Knight - but he's off somewhere else now (it's 25+ years later!)

This is Michael Knight the Second. :D


Man Garthe’s ghost isn’t gonna like this.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 402
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Silicon Valley

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by seeker78 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Kaine wrote:hm, i think these Dakota Digital Instruments have potential... :wink:
(modification of the dakota digital dashboard to have a KI3T/HAL voice box)


Sweet! See that's awesome :)

although I still think the 3 bars is the idea KITT voice box...or a holographic/3d version would work too. but there are definitely modern 2008 devices that show equalizer bars on them. :)

Image

Image

http://www.dak.com/reviews/2024story.cfm#pic

--Brian

seeker78
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 402
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Silicon Valley

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by seeker78 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:29 am

I actually think the closeup of the spectrum analyzer I posted above might be a good update to the standard KITT voicebox. Like, when KITT is analyzing other sound those bars can move as well. Just a thought :) Or...just having more bars might indicate it is a more sophisticated version. :)

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:10 am

hatgreeting wrote:Image

:lol:


:lol:

Though the car will have Turbo Boost as it was confirmed. Though we don't know exactly how it'll look GST's hand could come down from the sky and grab a model version of the car while he makes sound effects for it while "jumping" it over whatever the obstacle is.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

hatgreeting
Stranger
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:35 pm

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by hatgreeting » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:13 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote::lol:

Though the car will have Turbo Boost as it was confirmed. Though we don't know exactly how it'll look GST's hand could come down from the sky and grab a model version of the car while he makes sound effects for it while "jumping" it over whatever the obstacle is.


Haha! That would actually be awesome. This is good timing. With the high gas prices, there's probably a surplus of Mustangs to jump/crash/ruin. Modding them probably isn't cheap though, makes me think they'll do all the jumps in CG. CG Cars are pretty easy to pull off - granted it's not as exciting as the real deal.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:14 pm

The trick is, to make the jumps so realistic that you don't know it's NOT the real deal! :)

(Unlike TOS where they cut away from the jump just before an obvious nose-plant landing.)

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:50 am

Or the painfully obvious ramp placement. Sometimes I'd swear you could actually see it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

User avatar
knightfever
Operative
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by knightfever » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:22 pm

I think the main reason this show might "suck" is because people don't seem to be willing to give it a chance. For those like me who was glued to the TV during that very first pilot back in 1982 and was glued to the TV for every episode after that, this is awesome. I have waited anxiously for years to see what they might do to continue the story, and while there are things I wish would happen and definitely things I hope will change throughout the new series, I am thrilled to see that someone is taking a chance on Knight Rider. Let's give it a chance!!!!

:kittspin:

User avatar
DriverRay
Volunteer
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:42 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Saxonburg PA

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by DriverRay » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:34 pm

This show is going to be the best.
i don't care what anybody says.
KNIGHT RIDER RULES!

:kittconv2:

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:42 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by kitt34 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:03 am

kwsta20 wrote:ok, if everybody didnt turn on there tv sets to watch the fist episode of this stupid wannabe version of knight rider, maybe the writers would listen to us and do this show the right way...

Reasons why this show is going to suck

1. Fix a better dash! seriously i love the ford mustang and all, but i dont wanna see a 60's retro looking dash in a state of the art automobile!

2. lambo Doors??? what is kitt going to throw michael knight out sideways?, like the old kitt tossed michael outta the t-tops???

3. the voice?? where the F#$% is Mr. feeny??? William daniels should of done kitt, pretend the foundation just upgraded the program and put it into the ki3t's processor. Why is this so hard???

4. Cobra symbols???? lmao, huh?? what does a snake have to do with a knight???

5. where's the semi??? you know they aren't going to use a semi... they now have a batcave??? (a.k.a knight research and development) wilton knight is rolling over in his grave!!!

6. Attack mode kitt... :roll: lets go to the track, drink some beers, while michael knight tries to sleep with sara graimen, while trying to impress her with ki3t wich looks like a dragster that belongs in the fast and the furious movies!

7. kitt is learning??? learning??? this i a billion dollar automobile and charles forgot to give it personality???

8. Cgi Turbo boosting??? They redid the dukes of hazzard movie and actually made the charger jump back in 2001 or something. cgi????

9. the ford f-150 turns into ki3t as we see in one of the previews. please explain this one to me. the foundation must have like alien technology or something or maybe the transformers and kitt are cousins

10. No Firebird, and were not going to see one. Why?? cause we live in a bussiness world and ford will never let a gm car on there show

i'm boycotting this peace of crap, they ruined my childhood memories with this garbage. if no one tunes in on this date, maybe the writers will get the idea. i feel bad for Glen A larson, cause he has nothing to do with this mockery of his show, and he's probably laughing at all these people trying oh so hard to be like him.

I'm out!!
sincerly,
A man who does not exist


You speak the truth here, except I Didn't like the mustang and poor bruce davison, completely wasted in this thing.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:42 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by kitt34 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:04 am

knightfever wrote:I think the main reason this show might "suck" is because people don't seem to be willing to give it a chance. For those like me who was glued to the TV during that very first pilot back in 1982 and was glued to the TV for every episode after that, this is awesome. I have waited anxiously for years to see what they might do to continue the story, and while there are things I wish would happen and definitely things I hope will change throughout the new series, I am thrilled to see that someone is taking a chance on Knight Rider. Let's give it a chance!!!!

:kittspin:


To Quote Michael Knight said the truth

Not this time

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:42 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by kitt34 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:08 am

I Mean the new show does get entertainment for the first 2 minutes or so then it gets so ridiculous and so stupid that it drove me crazy and made viper look like a classic.

User avatar
Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hanging out with KITT in SPARTA!

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:18 am

Here we go again... :roll:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

User avatar
ThomasKnight
Operative
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:27 pm

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by ThomasKnight » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:Here we go again... :roll:


That fraze was remembering me a hole new perspective that we have to think about:

Everybody is talking about the mistakes and the showmakers just make them without having any idea about it. They do their job, we do our forum, but we are separeted and they won't care about us! They just making their mistakes further without knowing anithing about our opinion... :?

Mr Thompson proved that in his reports!

What do you think? Where is the light at the and of the tunnel? :?

,,Kitt, turn on the headlights please!" :kitt:
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

User avatar
DeeKnight
Operative
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:41 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Dundee,Scotland

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by DeeKnight » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:43 pm

^^ lol people have to calm down a bit,they are not remeaking the show JUST for us old fans. Christ if all they ever did was refere to the original,half the audience wouldnt have a clue what was going on. Give it a chance,judge it after 5 episodes,not 1.

User avatar
Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hanging out with KITT in SPARTA!

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:19 am

I'm just saying that I don't want this thread to cause anymore fights like when this thread originally came up.It destroys the peace of the forum.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:42 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by kitt34 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:21 pm

DeeKnight wrote:^^ lol people have to calm down a bit,they are not remeaking the show JUST for us old fans. Christ if all they ever did was refere to the original,half the audience wouldnt have a clue what was going on. Give it a chance,judge it after 5 episodes,not 1.


Not a chance, this remake stinks, NBC has ran out of steam with this version, in the meantime I'll be watching the original in syndication and on DVD.

Cause I Know what it is.

User avatar
Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:36 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Winter Haven, FLA
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:15 pm

kitt34 wrote:
DeeKnight wrote:^^ lol people have to calm down a bit,they are not remeaking the show JUST for us old fans. Christ if all they ever did was refere to the original,half the audience wouldnt have a clue what was going on. Give it a chance,judge it after 5 episodes,not 1.


Cause I Know what it is.


sounds way too much like some VK guy......
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

User avatar
Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hanging out with KITT in SPARTA!

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:38 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
kitt34 wrote:
DeeKnight wrote:^^ lol people have to calm down a bit,they are not remeaking the show JUST for us old fans. Christ if all they ever did was refere to the original,half the audience wouldnt have a clue what was going on. Give it a chance,judge it after 5 episodes,not 1.


Cause I Know what it is.


sounds way too much like some VK guy......

Am I one of the only people on KRO who gets that this is the year 2008 and not 1982.Things have changed!The Trans Am is out of production,WD and DH are too old to do this show full time,although they will make some guest appearences,and also the style of a television show has also changed.To add to that,to make Knight Rider 2008 successful,they also need to aim at a younger crowd(people my age,for example)who are going to be new generation fans.

Take the Transformers movie for an example.Although they have lots of fans for the original series,but the movie won't be successful unless they are able to attract a newer generation as well.Just be glad KR is back,and not somthing like KR2000,KR2010,and TKR.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

300mph/SPM
Volunteer
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:58 am

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by 300mph/SPM » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:15 am

I don't mind other things but the transformersstuff was too much. What were they thinking?!
Wouldn't it be cool to have :kittconv: KITT without roof and guys jumping in.
Just save some CGI money and don't go to outerspace with this.

Then basics are also wrong. For God's sake make it look more intensive!!! Mr. director hellooo?!!!
The action is very lame and slow. If we have fastest car in world why we are watching some booring driving?! Watch again the old show and think how you should show intensive scenes.

It's just a shame that many things were done better almost 30 years ago.

And yes. I know that I can watch DVDs again if I want. But that's not the point.
Now we would have a chance to see old consept with minor upgrades and today's quality. Right now it's not happening.
This new thing is little better than Team KR but that's not a lot.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:42 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by kitt34 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:36 pm

300mph/SPM wrote:I don't mind other things but the transformersstuff was too much. What were they thinking?!
Wouldn't it be cool to have :kittconv: KITT without roof and guys jumping in.
Just save some CGI money and don't go to outerspace with this.

Then basics are also wrong. For God's sake make it look more intensive!!! Mr. director hellooo?!!!
The action is very lame and slow. If we have fastest car in world why we are watching some booring driving?! Watch again the old show and think how you should show intensive scenes.

It's just a shame that many things were done better almost 30 years ago.

And yes. I know that I can watch DVDs again if I want. But that's not the point.
Now we would have a chance to see old consept with minor upgrades and today's quality. Right now it's not happening.
This new thing is little better than Team KR but that's not a lot.


Actually this is even worse.

scoobywrx99
Stranger
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:03 am

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by scoobywrx99 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:09 am

This show is crap......

I gave the the pilot, which had some potential, and the first two episodes a chance and they have totally lost me. They have completely ruined the franchise.

I am removing this show from my dvr's to do list.



I'm out!!!!!!

User avatar
weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Weeezlville
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by weeezl » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:36 pm

scoobywrx99 wrote:This show is crap......

I gave the the pilot, which had some potential, and the first two episodes a chance and they have totally lost me. They have completely ruined the franchise.

I am removing this show from my dvr's to do list.



I'm out!!!!!!


Bye!

User avatar
Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:36 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Winter Haven, FLA
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:00 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:Am I one of the only people on KRO who gets that this is the year 2008 and not 1982.Things have changed!The Trans Am is out of production,WD and DH are too old to do this show full time,although they will make some guest appearences,and also the style of a television show has also changed.To add to that,to make Knight Rider 2008 successful,they also need to aim at a younger crowd(people my age,for example)who are going to be new generation fans.

Take the Transformers movie for an example.Although they have lots of fans for the original series,but the movie won't be successful unless they are able to attract a newer generation as well.Just be glad KR is back,and not somthing like KR2000,KR2010,and TKR.


my thoughts exactly......
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:14 am

scoobywrx99 wrote:This show is crap......

I gave the the pilot, which had some potential, and the first two episodes a chance and they have totally lost me. They have completely ruined the franchise.

I am removing this show from my dvr's to do list.



I'm out!!!!!!



Wow, you actually took the time to join this site just to say that? That's pathetic. Good bye one post wonder and good riddance.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Locked