TURBO BOOST

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MURDOCK
Rookie

TURBO BOOST

Post by MURDOCK » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:07 am

I hope they dont use cgi to portray the car jumping,that be *?$#,but i cant imagine them hurling that attack car into the air it be demolished on impact plus i cant see them destroying such a modded vehicle it be too expensive.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Re: TURBO BOOST

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:22 am

i don't care what anyone says, I have a bad feeling about this Turbo Boost. They already said they won't actually jump the car, 'cause it'll be destroyed, so that's out. Then, they say they are going to show inside the car??? What gives, are they going to use CGI/Camera Trickery to make you think the car has jumped, but you never actually see it? Because that is what I am starting to think here! :?

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:13 am

Actually they were asked specifically if the car would jump and they said that it would. They said that we are going to see the car jump so much that we'll be sick of it. The Engine part is just going to be showing what happens inside the car when it does happen as a part of the effect.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:25 am

okay. Hope it will be good :D

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sue » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:50 am

Here is Neil asking about Turbo Boost if you haven’t seen this yet. GST made sure KITT would turbo boost just to please us. :D It sounds like it will be really cool. :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I5WdOnCeXo&fmt=6
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:10 am

From what GST said, my assumption is that Turbo Boost will be very simular to the infamous "nos through the engine" explosion of colored flames seen prominantly in the Fast and the Furious movies.

I'm going to say this right here, I predict we'll see some sort of flaming nos-like effect as a part of the actual jumps, possibly escaping from those side exhaust ports like a "funny car" in racing.

That whole camera trick where it shows a point of view starting from the dash, then goes into the details of the engine, through various wires or pipes and eventually exploding out into full view. I believe Gone in Sixty Seconds (with Nic Cage) also did the same sort of camera tricks.

=VK=
:dash:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:56 am

i guess the whole entire car jump will consist of CGI, since they only have 1 or 2 attack cars, and that's what he said he'd used.

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:29 pm

Well a CGI turbo boost is much better than they daft wee models they used in the original.

Stinch
Volunteer

Post by Stinch » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:42 pm

GST said that we will do inside the engine on turbo boost i guess it will be abit like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG82JNkknTs

When you see it you will know what i mean!

:kitt:
The laws a double edged sword and you've been sitting pretty on one side for too long! Now your gonna feel the other side, the side that cuts!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:22 pm

victor kros wrote:From what GST said, my assumption is that Turbo Boost will be very simular to the infamous "nos through the engine" explosion of colored flames seen prominantly in the Fast and the Furious movies.

I'm going to say this right here, I predict we'll see some sort of flaming nos-like effect as a part of the actual jumps, possibly escaping from those side exhaust ports like a "funny car" in racing.
I'm not sure Gary Scott Thompson will go so far as to use flames, but it's a definite possibility. Other than that I completely agree. But it may not be a bad thing. I thought it was an awesome trick and worked for the scene in The Fast and the Furious, at least. But I think using the effect the exact same way as it was used in FATF will be lame and cited as a rip-off despite the fact that it's still Thompson's actual movie. Maybe we'll get a new twist on it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:03 pm

Here are some positives from watching that trailer:

1) Engine Shots - CGI has come along way, so no doubt the engine shots would look cooler.

2) Perception of Speed - the TV movie it was hard to tell if they were going 2mph or 200mph. There is no question the F&TF cars are going FAST.

3) Jumping - They actually have that car hop over the hill - so a mustang being practically jumped isn't out in my mind.

Besides, half the jumps in Knight Rider were models or Go Karts with Trans Am shells.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:09 pm

Perhaps I should go rent a copy of this “Fast and Furious.” thing I hear so much about. :shifty:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Drift-King
Volunteer

Post by Drift-King » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:09 am

Shado, get all Trilogy of Fast and Furious,

First one are use real footage a lot with some cgi footage like engine,.

Second one use 50% CGi, 50% real footage.

Third one use 90% real footage, 10% cgi footage (most cgi are use in the final drift race at the end)

i want to see Kitt drift/powerslide XD

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:45 pm

Drift-King wrote:i want to see Kitt drift/powerslide XD
Me too! 8)

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I'm not sure Gary Scott Thompson will go so far as to use flames, but it's a definite possibility. Other than that I completely agree. But it may not be a bad thing. I thought it was an awesome trick and worked for the scene in The Fast and the Furious, at least. But I think using the effect the exact same way as it was used in FATF will be lame and cited as a rip-off despite the fact that it's still Thompson's actual movie. Maybe we'll get a new twist on it.
One thing of note is that the technical specifications for the Knight Industries Two Thousand state that its engine is a turbojet with modified afterburners. Concept art for the backdoor pilot indicated that the Knight Industries Three Thousand used a turbofan, which is the modern day replacement for a turbojet, so theoretically, the idea of flaming exhausts can actually go hand-in-hand with KITT, as long as they stay true to the engineering aspects that were developed for the car back in 1982.

I'd wager that if the original series had the technology that's available today, that the afterburners would have lit up like a Tomcat catapulting off the U.S.S. Enterprise, so making the Knight 3000's exhausts look like a Raptor ripping through the sound barrier should be all the more truthful to the idea of a turbojet/turbofan, when compared to what we’ve actually seen thus far.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?