Why not a Knight Festival?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

David Whiteheart
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Why not a Knight Festival?

Post by David Whiteheart » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 pm

If the Dukes of Hazzard cast can thank the thousands of loyal fans with a Dukesfest, http://www.dukesfest.com, every year why hasn't there been one for KR fans in the states? Or would the original cast and crew not care to meet and greet the fans like the DoH cast does and have concerts and stunt shows?

Just curious,
David

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Re: Why not a Knight Festival?

Post by Stylez » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Haha yeah them Duke boys! Family always did come first in Hazzard. Good question though, I think it's probably one of a kind that the cast/crew gets together with the fans. What does everyone else think?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:02 am

*ahem*

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11658

Some of us are trying to make "official" Knight Rider conventions like the Knights of the West Coast but keep in mind at this point in time, Universal just doesn't care to spend the money or give away the resources to make it "official" so the fans are forced to spend their own money to finance "unofficial" gatherings. The UK has Knightcon 08 in September as well. The problem with getting the stars themselves to attend are usually scheduling conflicts, age, and in some cases they just demand too much money to contribute.

=VK=
:dash:

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:50 am

I have brought this up before myself & there is one thing that brought the Dukefest to its present level of participation & that is Ben Jones (AKA Cooter) put it together & brought much of the surviving cast members
on board.

As the Knight Nationals was a great idea & had wonderful guests that were involved in the series Knight Rider such as Patricia Mc Pherson, Pamela Susan Shoop, which are wonderful guests but the show was a for profit deal
& the Our Saugus Show is a Charity situation.
The point that Victor brought up is avalid concern about certain celebrities charging a considerable amount of money
for an appearance.
Certain very giving individuals who were an integral part of Knight Riders success such as Don Peake, Michael Scheffe,Ron Martinez, and Rebecca Holden helped us to raise monies for Make A Wish, in addition to giving many Knight Rider fans a great insight into what it was like to bring Knight Rider to the small screen.
Knights Of The West Coast believes in making a difference while having a funtime doing it.
Don Peake said he will see if Robert Foster will join us as well at Saugus.
Our guest list may grow by one or two & I want to thank Don Peake for being a friend to our Show for the last two years.

D. Doggett

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:09 pm

Just a quick point-of-information regarding the Knight Nationals events from Knight Registries:

Although the Knight Nationals is not specifically a charity event, I think it's misleading to call it a "for-profit" show. These events are difficult and expensive to put on and my understanding is that Registries has usually tried to go for "break-even" with the money which is perfectly understandable and a common practice.

Also, Patricia McPherson atteneded Knight Nationals twice and as a result her Grassroots Coalition charity has received a considerable amount of money from the Knight Rider fans and sponsors. So Knight Registries has definitely given a lot to the fandom AND to the charity world as well.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

tigersharka
Operative

Post by tigersharka » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi...I am new to the board. I love the idea of Knight Rider Festival or convention. I was involved with Dukesfest 2008. I was the headliner performer and am a close friend of John & Elly Schneider.

I work with George Barris for the past few years. So I believe this is a great idea. I will attend the Sept 13th Sagus event. Hopefully, I can meet some of the members.

If you like, email me. I will discuss making this happen. All the best, Paul Casey
lasvegasbullitt@aol.com
www.myspace.com/paulcaseyproductions.com
Paul
http://www.lasvegascarstars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May 16-17, 2014 Las Vegas, NV
"Only Las Vegas"

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:14 pm

tigersharka wrote:Hi...I am new to the board. I love the idea of Knight Rider Festival or convention. I was involved with Dukesfest 2008. I was the headliner performer and am a close friend of John & Elly Schneider.

I work with George Barris for the past few years. So I believe this is a great idea. I will attend the Sept 13th Sagus event. Hopefully, I can meet some of the members.

If you like, email me. I will discuss making this happen. All the best, Paul Casey
lasvegasbullitt@aol.com
http://www.myspace.com/paulcaseyproductions.com
- Great, we'll be happy to see you there. Just a little note, the Saugus event is September 6th. 5:00-10:00pm

=VK=
:dash:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:41 pm

Certain messages in this thread not directly related to the Knight Festival have been moved to a new topic in the lounge:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11708