San Diego Comicon - July 24th

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTRINA
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: San Diego Comicon - July 24th

Post by KITTRINA » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:49 pm

NO ONE ON E-BAY WANTED TO BUY MY SOUL AND KITTRINA SAYS SHE CAN NOT BREAK THE LAW, SO IM NOT GOING.
A GUY AT THE LOCAL COMIC STORE IS GOING AND SAID HE COULD BRING BACK KR MERCHANDISE IF I TOLD HIM SPECIFICLY WHAT I WANTED. DO U GUYS KNOW OF ANYTHING BEING SOLD? I'D APPRECIATE THE HELP!! :D

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:52 pm

So a brief update. The Attack KITT reveal will be happening from 11-3 outside Tin Fish. From 11-12 Justin, Deanna and GST will be there (as well as press covering it). We should all in attendance plan to hit the area at 11 sharp, to support.

So reminder:

Thursday 11:45-12:45 is the Screening/Q&A in Room 6a

Friday 11:00-12:00 is the Attack KITT reveal with Justin Bruening, Deanna Russo and Gary Scott Thompson on 5th Avenue and L Street (near The Tin Fish restaurant)

What is everyones plans for attendance? I'd love to meet up with everyone for a beer Wednesday or Thursday night - what works for everyone?
WHO: Moderated by Television Week deputy editor/columnist Joe Adalian, fans can also participate in a Q&A panel with executive producer/showrunner Gary Scott Thompson (The Fast and The Furious, Las Vegas); executive producer David Bartis (Heist, The OC); and the entire cast - Justin Bruening (All My Children, Cold Case), Deanna Russo (The Young and the Restless, NCIS), Sydney Tamiia Poitier (Veronica Mars), Paul Campbell (Battlestar Galactica), Yancey Arias (Kingpin), Bruce Davison (X-Men), and Smith Cho (Blades of Glory).

On the following day, there will be an unveiling of the newly remodeled KITT “Attack” car with Justin Bruening, Deanna Russo and Gary Scott Thompson on 5th Avenue and L Street (near The Tin Fish restaurant). Please note that the unveiling will be filmed for online and DVD purposes so space is limited.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:17 pm

I have to admit I am really looking forward to attending SDCC. Any word yet Neil on the reserved seating request for the panel? Wednesday might be a little tight for me to meet up, but Thursday night is doable if it doesn't directly interfere with a panel. The hardest thing with SDCC for me is trying to decide which panel to go to when they overlap and waiting in lines for autographs from unannounced guests in the exhibit hall.

I wish SDCC would mail out their program, instead of making you wait till you pick up your badge to tell you everything that's going on, including inside the exhibit hall. Covering the panels is great and all but there's so much more then that to the comic con experience.

I will be there badges in hand.

=VK=
:dash:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:39 pm

As long as I get to all the KR events in time, everything else is bonus. I’m really sorry to everyone who can’t go, I’ll try to take all the pictures I can.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:59 am

I get in Wednesday, and I'm staying about a mile away from the convention center. I don't know exactly where I'll be in relation to the convention center, or gaslamp quarter, but hey, i gotta eat, so i'll probably be out and about a little on Wednesday night. Thursday, I plan to get there as it opens, try to figure out where the event is being held, and If i have time before the panel, may go downstairs to the exhibit room If not, I'll definitely do it after. Friday, i suppose I can be there at 11:00, when the stars are there. I'm not sure how much of the convention I'm going to do- there's only a few events I'm interested in. P.S. neil, when do you need to know about how many seats to reserve, if you can? how and where will we meet up before the panel?
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:17 am

[quote="neps"]What is everyones plans for attendance? I'd love to meet up with everyone for a beer Wednesday or Thursday night - what works for everyone?[quote]

I do plan on being there thursday/friday for the whole day. Did I give you my cel-phone number in private, already? That might make communications easier.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:33 am

I should know today about reserve seating.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:38 am

I hope you guys have a great time at the Comic-Con. It would have been a great opportunity to meet some of you and grab a beer. Be sure to take lots of pictures...
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:41 pm

just got here 12 hrs later!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:07 am

OK - So stopped by the show floor for a bit, checked out the NBC booth.

This is in the program:

About seats - I have only gotten confirmation on two of them, they'll let us know about more in the morning. The panel starts at 11:45 in Room 6a - I'm aming to get up there around 10:30 to get in line with everyone.

I'll be in the bright red Knight Rider Online tshirt.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:11 am

Neil,

I am also here in San Diego and I checked out preview night as well. What a mad house it is and the con hasn't officially started yet! Anyway I want to give you and everyone else who is attending SDCC this year some advice, if you don't have a reserved seat for the Knight Rider panel I highly suggest you leave as early as you can to get in the line for it.

I would attend the Freakazoid/Tiny Toons panel just to make sure you have a seat for the KR panel after it. Usually the best stratagy to see a popular panel is to just sit in the auditorium through other panels until the one you really want to see comes up.

People line up extremely early for the popular rooms and there will be a massive line as early as 8am in the morning. It really does get rather insane. I will be down there around 7am to get in line myself but again I strongly advise you not to underestimate just how long these lines can get for these kind of panels at SDCC.

I would be willing to bet there will be a special line just for 6A like there will be for Hall H.

Hall H gets the most packed obviously but 6A and 6B are also very popular, larger spaces then the workshop areas.

An hour ahead of the panel will not be anywhere near enough time to get into it (if you dont have a reserved spot). These rooms fill up very very fast and once they're full that's it. The people from the previous panels will most likely not leave, making less seats availbile as the time gets closer to the KR panel. Some people think they clear the room after every panel, this is not the case at SDCC.

Just thought I would share that advice with those attending. Well time to get some rest and see what develops tomorrow.

=VK=

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:20 am

Have fun guys and take some pics please!!!!! I can't wait to see some of the answers to questions!

Joe

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:34 am

victor kros wrote:Neil,

I am also here in San Diego and I checked out preview night as well. What a mad house it is and the con hasn't officially started yet! Anyway I want to give you and everyone else who is attending SDCC this year some advice, if you don't have a reserved seat for the Knight Rider panel I highly suggest you leave as early as you can to get in the line for it.

I would attend the Freakazoid/Tiny Toons panel just to make sure you have a seat for the KR panel after it. Usually the best stratagy to see a popular panel is to just sit in the auditorium through other panels until the one you really want to see comes up.

People line up extremely early for the popular rooms and there will be a massive line as early as 8am in the morning. It really does get rather insane. I will be down there around 7am to get in line myself but again I strongly advise you not to underestimate just how long these lines can get for these kind of panels at SDCC.

I would be willing to bet there will be a special line just for 6A like there will be for Hall H.

Hall H gets the most packed obviously but 6A and 6B are also very popular, larger spaces then the workshop areas.

An hour ahead of the panel will not be anywhere near enough time to get into it (if you dont have a reserved spot). These rooms fill up very very fast and once they're full that's it. The people from the previous panels will most likely not leave, making less seats availbile as the time gets closer to the KR panel. Some people think they clear the room after every panel, this is not the case at SDCC.

Just thought I would share that advice with those attending. Well time to get some rest and see what develops tomorrow.

=VK=
VK how are you getting in a 7? I thought doors open at 9:30?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:03 am

in line.

=VK=

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:30 am

victor kros wrote:in line.
You're not saying you are in line right now, are you?

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:50 am

At 7 am, I'll be picking up a paycheck. Making a parking space in SD by 9 am will be lucky, to say the least.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:20 am

If I were going, I'd want to show up in style.... Perhaps come in by parachute, though with my luck the damn thing wouldn't open and everyone near by would get a little surprise and souvenir.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

CledusSnow
Volunteer

Post by CledusSnow » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:18 pm

Good Luck Kids! :good:
"Atlanta to Texarkana and back in twenty eight hours? That ain't never been done before."
tamatt27: "The quote in your sig is wrong..."

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:02 pm

will someone take a photo of GEne simmons for me lol hes going

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:36 pm

aled jones wrote:will someone take a photo of GEne simmons for me lol hes going