Give us attack KITT!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Give us attack KITT!

Post by Sue » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:45 pm

Forget Classic Concentration! Now if I were a clock counting down to the first day of shooting. I’d want to show us attack KITT before he leaks out on his own.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Give us attack KITT!

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:24 pm

As curious as I am to see the new version of the car, I'd rather be patient and inadvertently see it leaked. I mean, it's not very realistic to presume that I'll be able to make it to the series premiere without seeing or hearing about the new version, especially here. I remember when we first saw photos of the Attack car how many of us weren't impressed or thought they went for the The Fast and the Furious look. I think it might make it easier to accept if it's not officially presented this time. I think people will be less likely to dismiss it that way. I could be wrong, though.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:33 am

It’s true. I don’t think I had seen KI3T at all when I sat down to watch the movie. It would be like peeking in the closet at your Christmas present before Christmas. … I was so into the story I wasn’t thinking hey he’s a Mustang, I was just thinking OMG Knight Rider is finally back… and when it got to those familiar beats in the new theme, I was like 6 years old all over again. But how is this not gonna leak out, and how can I not look.
Remember this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BYCnOkgGBI
if this happens to me, this will be me crashing my car. Hey NBC get a semi with some walls! But even if they do that, they gotta take him out to shoot the scene... Unless they do it all CGI?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:59 am

Yes this is all well and good but remember that no one actually saw the Attack KITT until after the NBC press unveiling event at NBC studios. It's not unlikely they will just do the same thing and spill the beans before the episode airs.

If you intend to stay entirely spoiler free, don't watch anything on NBCU or read these boards because I gurantee between their advertising and spy reports the cat will be out of the bag before September gets here.

=VK=
:dash:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:46 am

Yes, Victor, I agree, this is what I’m saying, I’m hoping for a nice legitimate official unveiling and I’m thinking its gotta come soon.

Now tell me, if all these other websites I haven’t heard of have managed to get a press pass, how come we haven’t? I so much rather see one of us in there asking the questions.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:02 pm

I would assume because network execs see sites like this as nothing more then a "fan site" and not actual members of the media. One could argue that at conventions like San Diego Comic Con, other movie spoiler sites manage to get press credentials but it's really up to the studios to decide what they consider "online media" vs. press media.

It also goes back to that that old saying, "it's not what you know, it's who you know."

=VK=

ryytel
Operative

Post by ryytel » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Lost Knight wrote:As curious as I am to see the new version of the car, I'd rather be patient and inadvertently see it leaked. I mean, it's not very realistic to presume that I'll be able to make it to the series premiere without seeing or hearing about the new version, especially here. I remember when we first saw photos of the Attack car how many of us weren't impressed or thought they went for the The Fast and the Furious look. I think it might make it easier to accept if it's not officially presented this time. I think people will be less likely to dismiss it that way. I could be wrong, though.
Agree.
Knight Rider "Trust Doesnt Rust"

K.A.R.R. : Do you wish to drive, or shall I.

Tony : Go ahead.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Don't worry - we'll have Comicon covered. Specifics and lengths are still being worked out - but keep your fingers crossed!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:44 pm

I will be at San Diego Comic Con as a special invited guest for the four days so I will be able to check out what is going on there personally and post back here with what I find.

=VK=

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:15 am

I don't like the telefilm's KITT. I'd like to hope that it can only get better, but then again, there was the Knight 4000.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:01 am

neps wrote:Don't worry - we'll have Comicon covered. Specifics and lengths are still being worked out - but keep your fingers crossed!
Ask and you shall receive!! I can’t wait!!! I get to see KI3T in person how cool is that! Well this certainly turned out to be a worthwhile thread topic.
Knight Industries 3000 wrote:I don't like the telefilm's KITT. I'd like to hope that it can only get better, but then again, there was the Knight 4000.
That’s kinda ironic considering your user name. But hey, you had it first.