KITTSite.com

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITTSite.com

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:10 am

There's a new site up devoted to the new Knight Rider:

http://www.kittsite.com/

This site is by the same people who run sites for shows like Smallville, Terminator and Heroes. I've been a fan of KryptonSite.com for years and just noticed the new Knight Rider one.

Joe

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Re: KITTSite.com

Post by KRAvengerII » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm

Cool. I'm a kryptonsite devotee, so i was hoping they'd do this.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:18 pm

It's been up for awhile, there's another topic about it here somewhere... Craig said in the KR topic that was up before it got its own subforum that he wasn't going to do much with it due to time and not wanting to step on the toes of other sites that already have KR more than covered, specifically KRO... But I guess he's gone ahead and at least put up some updates on there. Maybe he's going to do something with it after all.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:39 pm

Well, he should have room, now that Bionic Woman is history. :cry:

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:27 pm

I checked it out already.it seems like it could be a really cool Knight rider site.Im a huge smallville fan,so I visit kryptonsite quite often.I have been getting into the new terminator show since it has been on but i havent checked the site about that show yet.

KryptonSite
Volunteer

Post by KryptonSite » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:59 pm

I'm glad people are discovering the site. I really loved the Knight Rider pilot movie, despite some plot holes and so-so acting from some people.

My only real concern or goal is to be as different from KRO as possible, because I love this site and would not want to step on any toes in creating KITTSite. If Knight Rider goes to series and I do more with the site, there will definitely be a links page where KRO gets the proper respect.

I know as well as anyone that it REALLY sucks when someone tries to create something just like a site that already exists. KITTSite, I hope, will appeal to the fans who are already reading KryptonSite and such... and I'll make a concerted effort to keep to the new stuff, since the old is so respectfully covered here at this great resource.

Edited to add: The 500 or so people lurking in the "Other TV Shows" part of the KryptonSite forum on the night the show aired really swayed my decision. The KR thread/section is going really well there, too. You never know with this website thing what people will like or dislike - I thought Bionic Woman would be a huge hit - and then I saw it.... and the people on my forum/site "family" didn't seem all that responsive. People really seem to be "feeling" Knight Rider. It's a great concept though, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised... and for me it was my second "favorite show" in my childhood, so it takes me back, even if it's not William Daniels doing the voice and the Hoff driving the car.

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:29 pm

wow Craig from Kryptonsite creating a KR site...great a new Kryptonsite to visit! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the bionic woman site while It looked great, I look forward to seeing what Craig will do with Knight Rider
Charles Edward Untz III

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:19 pm

Hey Craig!

Thanks for the kind words about our site, we really try hard to be unique and different, cause as you know, there is a lot of competition in todays world. But competition is a good thing, and we welcome you as a new friendly face in the word of Knight Rider!

I appreciate you coming here and explaining your desires for the site, and wish you the best of success with it.

Regards,

Neil

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:25 pm

Neil,
I hope you could agree with me that what Craig is gonna do with KITTsite will be great in promoting Knight Rider just like what Knightrideronline has done for the Knight Rider community....Craig please visit often!
Charles Edward Untz III

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:18 pm

How about calling it- "Knightsite?" or is that one already taken?

KryptonSite
Volunteer

Post by KryptonSite » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:31 pm

I would have preferred Knightsite too, but alas, it - as well as Knightsite.net or anything else - was all taken.

It's hard to find a good domain name these days.

SuperchargedGS
Volunteer

Post by SuperchargedGS » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:52 pm

I am really glad that Kryptonsite made a Knight Rider site. I love Smallville and I visit Kryptonsite often and like the site a lot. What ever happened to theReapersite?

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:59 pm

the reapersite is still there...I was just there (at Kryptonsite) and reapersite is still listed as active...checked out the forum over there...great Knight Rider forum Craig!
Charles Edward Untz III

KryptonSite
Volunteer

Post by KryptonSite » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:53 pm

The Reaper site never got a huge launch because there weren't a lot of people talking about it... and then the strike happened and there was nothing to report at all. It's being updated again, though.

I'll promote and play up KITTsite more once we know the show is definitely picked up as a series...

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:30 pm

thanks Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charles Edward Untz III

Jeremy1973
Volunteer

Post by Jeremy1973 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:47 pm

I went to the so called KITT site, and I think it sucked, there was not one pick of the original KITT, only pics and vids of the knew KR featuring the mustang KITT imposter.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:18 pm

Jeremy, just because a website doesn't contain what YOU are looking for doesn't mean it "sucks". If people can try to bring something new and unique into the fan community, I think we can try to be supportive. Or at least civil.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KryptonSite
Volunteer

Post by KryptonSite » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:06 am

Jeremy1973 wrote:I went to the so called KITT site, and I think it sucked, there was not one pick of the original KITT, only pics and vids of the knew KR featuring the mustang KITT imposter.
That's because it's a site about the new version of Knight Rider rather than the old. If you want pics of the original KITT and show, you're on a great website for that stuff right here. No need to duplicate it and do the exact same thing.

For the record... I love and prefer the original KITT too... but there's not really a place for it at the new site, until or unless it shows up on the new series.

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:23 am

I would agree with both Craig & neps
Charles Edward Untz III

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:34 am

I can see the April Fools Headlines now...lol...."Kilmer out, William Daniels in as voice of KITT!" LOL You guys get me every year Craig!

KryptonSite
Volunteer

Post by KryptonSite » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:26 pm

Every year at least one April Fool's Joke at KryptonSite comes true... wouldn't it be great if an April Fool like THAT happened.

It'd be like KR2000 where they put the correct KITT CPU into the red car so it didn't sound like that Maddocks guy or whatever his name was. It went from zero personality to sounding just right as soon as Daniels was on with the voice.

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:48 pm

not sure if William Daniels will be up to the task considering his age, but we'll see...the New KITT was cool, but...kinda reminded me of KARR, all power, no personality JMT (Just my take) anyway I love the new site...Craig are you gonna post pics from the pilot or are you going to wait until it's picked up as a series next fall?
Charles Edward Untz III