KITT Knight Rider PC Case Mod

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Ave4uevoli
Volunteer

KITT Knight Rider PC Case Mod

Post by Ave4uevoli » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:52 pm

Dear everyone,

I guess this is my first post. so Hello!
Recently I"ve been putting together a "KITT pc" I hope you guys like it. It has temp gauges, remote start, kitt vox, blue leds, running a quad core - 4 gb ram - 8600 gts video... I tried to keep it functional - but slightly high end.

I still have more to do, I'm planning on adding a red scanner, voice recognition, and....well i'm thinking about the other stuff.

I built this computer from the ground up. It was the first time I've ever built a computer from scratch... it was more complicated than I thought it would be.. but it was doable - obviously. Comments are welcome.

Here's a video!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-IQuHcQ8P0&feature=user

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT Knight Rider PC Case Mod

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Thats just awesome!!, I am speechless!!
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

SuperchargedGS
Volunteer

Post by SuperchargedGS » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:28 pm

where did you get the voice box at?

Ave4uevoli
Volunteer

Post by Ave4uevoli » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:33 pm

the voicebox is from Mark at Marks Custom Kits

Thanks for the compliments "crumbling down"!! :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:39 pm

wow thats so freaking cool, I want to build my own pc later this year, how'd you get the voice box to work on the pc power? and would it be possible to put kitts scanner there? some where :kittconv: :dash4:
--knightman--

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Wow! Your computer is awesome! The blue lights remind me of my old PC, which a friend made for me. I loved that computer. Unfortunately it died last year and now I'm stuck with a crappy new Gateway with Vista. :x

Great job though!
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Ave4uevoli
Volunteer

Post by Ave4uevoli » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:03 pm

rhdaussiekitt - thanks for the comment - yes, I will be putting kitts scanner in there soon. I have a small hole cut out for it already above the voice box - but I need to make it much wider for it to look better.

all computer power supplies can give out 12 volt power - the same as a car. You just have to splice the wires, and use a molex connector to connect everything together. This is how all these pc modding people are using neon lights in their computers - they are the same neon lights as the ones that you would use for a car.

Ladyv2000 - if you still have the old computer, you could always try and take out all the components of the new computer and put them into your old computer case. That's essentially what I did with this computer. I built most of the case first - the voicebox, the neon lights - and then I put in the "actual computer" parts. Chances are, everything will fit into your old computer case and the blue lights will still work.

Thanks guys! :kitt:

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:01 pm

Ave4uevoli wrote: Ladyv2000 - if you still have the old computer, you could always try and take out all the components of the new computer and put them into your old computer case. That's essentially what I did with this computer. I built most of the case first - the voicebox, the neon lights - and then I put in the "actual computer" parts. Chances are, everything will fit into your old computer case and the blue lights will still work.
Sadly, it's gone now. I did try to put my video card into the new computer, but it wasn't compatible. Oh well...
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

L_I_T_T
Stranger

Post by L_I_T_T » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:28 am

This is nothing short of brilliant. I saw another one last night on Youtube, much the same. I've decided I'm going to make one now. :D

Ave4uevoli
Volunteer

Post by Ave4uevoli » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:30 pm

I finished - added the scanner - remote start - KITT's voice.

The ridiculous tutorial that I made can be found here:
http://resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=901

The last video can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNRZgVxr6fc

Pics below:

Please leave a comment on youtube and rate me =)
Thanks for all the support guys! I'm glad this project is over - I can finally give my hands a break from all the cuts and scrapes from the metal cutting