Countdown to Knight Rider on NBC

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Countdown to Knight Rider on NBC

Post by sarfraz » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:59 am

DrWho2005 wrote:most people outside of the USA, including myself, will have seen the show within a day after airdate anyway.
Seriously, the spoiler thing wont be too much of an issue.
... Sorry but most people won't! Some or the minority will, be that because of access to torrent, streaming or whatever, but the spoiler thing will be an issue. Take it from a simplistic point of view, say you somehow manage to watch the show but it was a couple of day later, but in the meantime you stumbled onto KRO and accidentally read the spoilers? even from your approach, you could potentially ruin it for yourself....unless of course you like reading spoilers.

I'm not even saying that I won't find a way to see the show early, but I'm considering that others and I believe the majority won't have the capacity to be able to do that.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:47 pm

If anything perhaps all discussion of the TV movie should be contained in the correct forum with a warning in all caps that there will discussion of the movie. Certainly anyone who knows better and doesn't want to have it spoiled would stay out of a forum that states what is being discussed in it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 pm

This sound great guys! Thanks very much for doing this!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:39 pm

testing new spoiler tag, let me know if this works.

this is using spoiler i like blue this is using spoiler =
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER: the truth
i like yellow

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:44 pm

They both work. I think the 2nd one is really neat :D

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:36 pm

neps wrote:testing new spoiler tag, let me know if this works.
Both work. hey, remember back in the Usenet days before WWW boards, you would have to write "SPOILER SPACE" and put like 100 blank lines in front of your post? lol. ;)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:54 pm

I still have to do that one at least one forum I go to.

Neps, cool you got it working! :mrgreen:

It might be good to mention it in a sticky where everyone can see it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:01 am

I know where I am going for my info for this landmark return of KR....

KRO.COm baby. :kitt:
http://www.knightfoundation.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:44 am

sarfraz wrote:
DrWho2005 wrote:most people outside of the USA, including myself, will have seen the show within a day after airdate anyway.
Seriously, the spoiler thing wont be too much of an issue.
... Sorry but most people won't! Some or the minority will, be that because of access to torrent, streaming or whatever, but the spoiler thing will be an issue. Take it from a simplistic point of view, say you somehow manage to watch the show but it was a couple of day later, but in the meantime you stumbled onto KRO and accidentally read the spoilers? even from your approach, you could potentially ruin it for yourself....unless of course you like reading spoilers.

I'm not even saying that I won't find a way to see the show early, but I'm considering that others and I believe the majority won't have the capacity to be able to do that.

Sarfraz

People who know how to use the internet/usenet will download the show.
If they choose to come here BEFORE they watch it knowing that it has aired...isn't that their own silly problem?

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:55 am

I'm not sure if your seeing the problem. If someone has not seen the NBC KR, you implying that they stop coming to the board to discuss other KR news/topics. If posters simply use the correct forum-section (ie the NBC KR specific area) then we won't have this issue.

I simply don't won't to come onto the general board and see a plethora of threads with the likes of "NBC KR stinks" or something that would give away the plot just reading the thread title.

Fine, if its the NBC-KR area. Again, say you don't have a 16mb/sec connection or actually don't want to download illegal content (which is what you'll be doing?), and you want to know when NBC KR will be shown in your country, then what (assuming such info is available on the NBC-KR forum)?

Neil has the right idea with the spoiler tag. I've seen something similar used on TF forums to maintain some degree of control when people didn't won't to know the whole TF: movie synopsis.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:55 am

Hi Neps!

It's great to learn that you, Joe and Michael are all working together for the greater good. I have a question concerning the interviews. Are they just text based or in the form of some multimedia? It would be great to subscribe to the YouTube group you have going and see footage of your interviews with the stars of the show.

Cheers
Adam

black knight2000
Operative

Post by black knight2000 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:03 pm

will Knight rider be shown in australia?
allways loved knight rider

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:20 am

Yes. I like the second spoiler bar, as well. This seems like the best option, as it grants all users the ability to choose and doesn't require constant changing of messages to other board locations or constant filtering of messages to hide facts, forcing people to ponder why something was sensored by another.

On a side note, I've been hearing chatter on IRC and even at my place of work about the up and coming NBC series. And, they don't seem to chat about TV. This is very good, indeed.

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:08 am

I think personally I'll be staying away from the forums. As much as it will pain me to do so, I don't want anything spoiled at all until the pilot reaches these shores. Trying to keep all the chatter in the "NBC Knight RIder" forum will be impossible, people are too excited and after all, at this moment in time this IS Knight Rider so it will take up a lot of space on "General Discussion" too, and rightly so :D

Thing that worries me you see, is if someone new came along and posts a new thread with a spoiler in the subject heading. For example, say there's a cool character called Eric (random) in the movie and someone posts a new thread called "Why did they have to kill off Eric?". I know I'm probably being pedantic but this movie is such a big deal sacrifices have to be made lol. Even though it's been fantastic to be back.

In the meantime after the movie airs in the US I'll still be on every day checking out the news and posting on those stories in the news section of the site... and maybe I'll end up having nothing to worry about and I'll be able to use the forums after all lol.
"I got better things to do tonight than die."

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:51 am

Oh that'll absolutely happen, it never fails. Hopefully Niel, Michael and the mods will be on the look out for those kind of things and move the topics to the appropriate place quickly.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:30 am

black knight2000 wrote:will Knight rider be shown in australia?
Lets hope so at one point in the future. It would have more of a chance being shown if it were to make it to a series.

Adz

greelywinger
Rookie

Post by greelywinger » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:28 pm

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Life's been busy.
The new show looks promising.
I am wondering if KITT will learn and grow as a character,
like the original KITT?
I see that a lot of clips are being pulled from youtube.
I saw a 3 min. clip where Mike goes out on a date and KITT
follows him. Is this from the movie.
Hope they stick to the heart, humour & action that I loved the original series for.
Here's hoping the ratings do good.
"I'd like my songs to be durable to the ear and exciting to the mind" Marc Bolan