Can TKR tie-in, in any way possible?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FightClub
Stranger

Can TKR tie-in, in any way possible?

Post by FightClub » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:33 pm

While TKR wasn't actually the worlds greatest continuation of the series, for a time it was all we had up until now.

Anyone think we'll see a K.R.O. or K.A.R.R. if the series gets picked up?

I reaaaaalllllly want to see a stand-off between the new K.I.T.T. and an evil version again.

It's been done to death, but c'mon, it's always fun to see that.

Or atleast K.I.T.T. himself in the series...

-FC

Mr.MojoRisin
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Can TKR tie-in, in any way possible?

Post by Mr.MojoRisin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:43 pm

I'd hope that eventually they'll bring in an evil car. I'm sure it's bound to happen eventually.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:32 pm

No KRO or KARR..... KRO won't exist (but the black Ferrari did look cool) and KARR should remain "dead". But I'm sure the new KITT will have his own "evil" vehicles to go against.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:33 pm

Nothing we've seen or heard about this movie so far negates the TKR continuity, but I get the feeling it won't apply. The Foundation is clearly gone by the time of this movie (as evidenced by the "I'm resurrecting the Foundation" line in the commercial) whereas in TKR FLAG was a bigger operation than ever with vehicles not only in the US, but being tested in Europe too (KA).

Of course, this does not preclude the possibility of Traceur one day learning about his long lost half-sister Jenny. 8)

KRO was melted down and KARR was blown up...twice. I'd prefer they remain gone. The "Car that came before but is all angry and revenge driven" thing has been done to death. If they do a new take on the story, I would prefer it be a more advanced version of KITT with abilities he does not have. Instead of the car going "evil" on its own or through the connection to its driver (as was the case with KRO) I'd prefer the car be hacked and reprogrammed, which would make the story of its "evil programming" a bit more contemporary and fit in with the idea that there are larger entities out there who are after KITT.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:45 pm

The evil programming taking over KITT has been done too. :D Anyway, TKR should be tossed in the same bin at KR2000. I think it was Dave Bartis who said he had a friend that wrote for the series and even they said not to watch it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:46 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:The evil programming taking over KITT has been done too. :D
Well yes, but I meant as a permanent change. No last minute reprogramming back into "good" etc. What if you reprogrammed an AI as evil and it enjoyed it y'know? And imagine the evil an evil KITT could do if he can tap into things like government databases and satellites etc. It's actually kinda scary to think about! :shock:
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 am

TKR was an atrocious abomination to the original series. Yes they said there's nothing in this movie that will really conflict with the other spin-offs but also that they are not referencing them. It's more of a coincidence that there's nothing to contradict them, if the series goes ahead I think it will. I prefer to ignore them, this is the first proper sequel.
"I got better things to do tonight than die."