KITT car poll PART II

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

What type of car should KITT be in our modern age?

09 Shelby Mustang
9
11%
09/10 Camaro
23
28%
Acura Concept NSX
27
33%
Nissan GT-R
4
5%
One of a kind concept for movie.
20
24%
 
Total votes: 83

User avatar
tharpdevenport
Operative
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by tharpdevenport » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:19 pm

None. Those are all poor chaoices. And too flashy. K.I.T.T. should blend in with regular traffic and not be so easy to spot, while at the same time not being a 1992 Honda Accord.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

flemmo
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:01 pm

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by flemmo » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:37 pm

The Acura is definately the most fitting design I've seen so far. I dont think the Camero is a good choice as we have seen it now as Bumblebee, and will again for 2 more films. I would be nice for KITT to be something we haven't seen on the big screen before.

flemmo
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:01 pm

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by flemmo » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:46 pm

tharpdevenport wrote:K.I.T.T. should blend in with regular traffic and not be so easy to spot.


But there are loads of instances in the series where people were stopping and admiring KITT. Even in the pilot KITT attracted attension from those thieves because he stood out from the crowd. I really dont think KITT being flashy is a problem. It's the car of the future after all!

User avatar
89IROCNDoug
Operative
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:19 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: USA

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:21 pm

tharpdevenport wrote:None. Those are all poor chaoices. And too flashy. K.I.T.T. should blend in with regular traffic and not be so easy to spot, while at the same time not being a 1992 Honda Accord.

The '82 Trans Am was too flashy then. The '82 T/A was a new design. In fact, in 1982 the new Trans Ams were really flashy cars compared to most everything else on the road back then.
One man did make a difference.

User avatar
trissybabes
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Cornwall, UK
Contact:

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by trissybabes » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:27 pm

89IROCNDoug wrote:
tharpdevenport wrote:None. Those are all poor chaoices. And too flashy. K.I.T.T. should blend in with regular traffic and not be so easy to spot, while at the same time not being a 1992 Honda Accord.

The '82 Trans Am was too flashy then. The '82 T/A was a new design. In fact, in 1982 the new Trans Ams were really flashy cars compared to most everything else on the road back then.


While I wouldn't say the '82 TA was too flashy, it did look very futuristic at the time of it's launch and that's why I voted forthe Acura - it currently looks futuristic and sleek enough to do the job.

Of all the proposals for a new KITT I've seen, it's the only one that gives me that gut instinct feel of "yeah, that could be KITT."

User avatar
Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:19 pm

flemmo wrote:
tharpdevenport wrote:K.I.T.T. should blend in with regular traffic and not be so easy to spot.


But there are loads of instances in the series where people were stopping and admiring KITT. Even in the pilot KITT attracted attension from those thieves because he stood out from the crowd. I really dont think KITT being flashy is a problem. It's the car of the future after all!


But there's also an instance in "Knight Of the Juggernaut" where a car theif actually says K.I.T.T. is old, suggesting that by 1985, the design was much more common on the road. A lot of what made K.I.T.T. stand out in the Pilot and a few subsequent episodes was that in addition to having the scanner, it was a brand new design on the streets.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

User avatar
T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:31 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: EASTERN MA.

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:10 pm

R-A-G-E-O-U-S- by PONTIAC......
IT LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL.
1 would be great in black and another in charcoal grey with an amber scanner- rather KARR-ESQUE

R-A-G-E-O-U-S- = TOTALLY COOL
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

User avatar
JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:12 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yonkers, NY
Contact:

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:36 pm

T.A.H.O.E. wrote:R-A-G-E-O-U-S- by PONTIAC......
IT LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL.
1 would be great in black and another in charcoal grey with an amber scanner- rather KARR-ESQUE

R-A-G-E-O-U-S- = TOTALLY COOL


That's acutally not a bad idea. I love the Rageous and thought GM would produce it as the new Firebird/Trans Am.

I must say that I am getting turned off by the movie because of this talk of using the Acura Concept. I mean it is cool looking car and I don't have a problem with Acura, but I really would rather see a Camaro as KITT as I stated previously in other threads. I hope Glen considers the car because it will be released as a 2010 model in January 2009 and that will be ample time for the car to come out. Just like the original KITT, a sleek and cool looking car modded to look like the car of the future without having a crazy concept look. Just because the Acura looks good with a scanner doesn't mean it should be KITT. When I view or think of KITT I see him as a Trans Am, Camaro, Vette or any car with those body lines and sleekness as well as just mentioned the Rageous. I would be turned off by having an Acura concept as the car, its should be a car that is seen on the road and new just like when they had the Trans Am, new body style and just put out on the road when they got it, same thing if the Camaro is used.

User avatar
Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:35 pm

jjsocrazy wrote:I must say that I am getting turned off by the movie because of this talk of using the Acura Concept. I mean it is cool looking car and I don't have a problem with Acura, but I really would rather see a Camaro as KITT as I stated previously in other threads. I hope Glen considers the car because it will be released as a 2010 model in January 2009 and that will be ample time for the car to come out.


I know the Camaro's presence in the poll is for Victor to get a feel for what the fans would have liked, but I think it's misleading. Too many members here think it's going to be a real candidate when Victor has explained in great detail that the idea was scrapped because of the Transformers movie. Other than having a retro look and being an American (or technically Canadian) car, we've already seen it as Bumblebee on the big screen, anyway. The new K.I.T.T. should be a car that hasn't been used yet and sets a trend for any potential copycat franchises that may surface later down the road.

And according to Victor, he and Glen believe that the chosen car doesn't have to be American, as long as it's in the same design spirit as the Trans Am. I believe this is the right way to go. Choosing only American automatically limits a wide range of potential car choices. It's one thing for a television production to do (where I agree they should stick with American [but just not the 'Stang]), but it's another thing for a feature film production with a bigger budget and less limitations.

jjsocrazy wrote:Just because the Acura looks good with a scanner doesn't mean it should be KITT.


And exactly why not?

jjsocrazy wrote:When I view or think of KITT I see him as a Trans Am, Camaro, Vette or any car with those body lines and sleekness as well as just mentioned the Rageous. I would be turned off by having an Acura concept as the car, its should be a car that is seen on the road and new just like when they had the Trans Am, new body style and just put out on the road when they got it, same thing if the Camaro is used.


And that's understandable to view K.I.T.T. as a Trans Am, Camaro, Corvette, or Rageous. However, the movie is going to be a reimagining of the Pilot and everything besides the basic concept is going to be brand new. New actors, new car, new style, new tone, etc. Again, that means the basic ideology no longer needs to apply as in K.I.T.T. needing to be an American, every day, car. You can stress about the Camaro until you're blue in the face, but the fact that it's the closest modern car to the original Trans Am isn't enough by itself. If people are going to make the point that it's just a cool looking car, they also have to acknowledge the boxy retro look, which is the exact same complaint fans are using about the Mustang in the NBC Universal production.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

seeker78
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 402
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Silicon Valley

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by seeker78 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:06 am

Lost Knight wrote: Choosing only American automatically limits a wide range of potential car choices.


That's true, but Knight Rider is an American idea, and the hero is American, and the original car was American, and FLAG is an American foundation.

From that standpoint, making KITT a foreign made car (and in that I include cars which may be made by GM or Ford or Chrysler but are made on foreign soil) is like when they took "and the American way" out of that famous phrase on Superman Returns.

Also, if you're an American and making a movie that will make people want to buy a certain car, you should want that to be a Made in USA car, to support the American economy.

If I watch a James Bond movie, I expect Bond to drive a car that was made on British soil (like an Aston-Martin). If I see a Knight Rider movie, I expect to see a car that was made on American soil. If I see a Superman movie, I expect to hear "truth, justice and the American way".

You can stress about the Camaro until you're blue in the face, but the fact that it's the closest modern car to the original Trans Am isn't enough by itself. If people are going to make the point that it's just a cool looking car, they also have to acknowledge the boxy retro look, which is the exact same complaint fans are using about the Mustang in the NBC Universal production.


I agree, I think the best car for KITT does not appear in Victor's list. I still think a Chevy Cobalt would be fine. :)

--Brian

User avatar
Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:41 am

seeker78 wrote:Also, if you're an American and making a movie that will make people want to buy a certain car, you should want that to be a Made in USA car, to support the American economy.

If I watch a James Bond movie, I expect Bond to drive a car that was made on British soil (like an Aston-Martin). If I see a Knight Rider movie, I expect to see a car that was made on American soil. If I see a Superman movie, I expect to hear "truth, justice and the American way".


That's a well made point, but, your ideology is dependent upon fans looking deeper into the production than what's presented as the story. I think we as fans sometimes take the franchise too seriously, and may lose sight of the overall goal here: entertainment. Therefore, if we go into a movie with preconceived notions (like our opinion on what type of car is chosen), we're already looking at the effort with a closed mind. It can easily be written in the story (since 20 percent of it has to be rewritten, according to The Weinstein Co.) that the Acura (or whatever car becomes chosen being that it's not American) was the design of Wilton Knight. We need to concentrate on the story, not the real-life facts behind the production. A concept car like the Acura NSX Sports Coupe Concept can pull this off much more easily than a production car like, say, the Honda Accord.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

User avatar
Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Manor

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:42 am

Good point Lost Knight. I've been trying to explain to people that KITT is not going to be designed to blend in with the crowd this time around in Glen's movie. KITT is for all intents and purposes "The Car of Tomorrow". It's going to be designed to turn heads and be unlike anything else out there this time and for purposes of the story that's being polished, it has to be something not just anyone can own.

Therefore what car company makes it isn't the primary concern, the primary concern is finding a car that looks ahead of it's time and more importantly feels like it should be K.I.T.T.. Wilton Knight isn't going to walk into a car dealership and say, "Yeah I'll take that Mustang...I have need for it." (or Corvette, or Camaro, or Scion, Volvo, whatever you get the idea). This car has to look like it's a car at first glance but the magic is it's more then it appears on the surface.

The Mustang (for example) looks like a Mustang and it transforms into another *gasp* attack Mustang! (apparently). From a production POV, the car has to be able to handle the intense stuntwork (which a Mustang can) we're going to need that cannot be addressed with CG. I believe very strongly in using a car that is designed to look cool without the enhancement of CG. The original car looks impressive because back then CG wasn't the norm...it didn't need to be dressed up in post production to feel tangible and state of the art. (I'm not talking about functional as in seperate insert shots but actual physical props)

I believe what the industry believes "is expected" is where they're wrong with this genre and Transformers proved one fundamental fact...

The fanbase and the story matter. At least try to give the people what they want (like Peter Cullen as the voice of Optimus Prime) and the rest will follow.

The value of a movie based on a fanbase isn't in getting them to watch something once to "give it a chance" it's to get them to watch it once, twice, three times, then come back with their friends/family. Rewatch value, this is what seperates an action film about a talking car from a blockbuster success.

=VK=

flemmo
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:01 pm

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by flemmo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:16 am

and lets face it, a car that turns heads is more likely to draw the crowd than an everyday looking car.

User avatar
Michael Pajaro
Advisor
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:02 pm

victor kros wrote:(KITT is) going to be designed to turn heads and be unlike anything else out there this time and for purposes of the story that's being polished, it has to be something not just anyone can own.


I will certainly keep an open mind about the feature film KITT. But I think part of the charm of Knight Rider was that KITT WAS a car anybody could own, especially for younger viewers. It was fun seeing black Trans Ams on the street and thinking "hey, that's KITT!" I think it made KITT more accessible as a character. Sometimes you want Brad Pitt in a role, sometimes you want everyman Tom Hanks. And although the Trans Am is hardly an "anycar", it was easy to watch Knight Rider and think "some day, I'm going to get a car like that."

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing how KITT will be re-imagined.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KarlKnightRider
Recruit
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:28 am

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by KarlKnightRider » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:07 pm

Although KITT was originally a car that could potentially be seen around America, and so "blended in", we never actually once saw another Pontiac Trans-Am throughout the whole series run unless I'm mistaken? (Apart from KARR obviously)

So, in a way, the old KITT was still a car of the future that stood out from the crowd.

User avatar
Stargazer
Operative
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by Stargazer » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:11 pm

I voted for the custom car.

I understand that the Pontiac T/A is out of the question, but why not make a custom car that looks close to the T/A.

After all, a Pontiac Banshee concept car was suppose to be used in KR2K, but since Pontiac said no a Dodge Stealth was made to resemble the Banshee.

Why not give fans what they really want... or at least close enough to it.

krisko
Stranger
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:34 pm

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by krisko » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:54 pm

The way I see it is I remeber knight rider because of the car not because davdavid hasselhoff was in it. Come on now.Rreally who watched night rider for david hasselhoff!?! Most people watched it for KITT the sweet tricked out trans am. Everyone knows KITT is a TRANS AM. A sweet muscle car at the time. If you ask anyone even if they know nothing about cars and they watched the show they will know KITT was a trans am. Who are they are trying to fool by throwing a mustang in there. Did KITT all a sudden get a sex change? Is this mustang all a sudden his twin evil brother? If they are going to bring the show back they should atleast fallow some guide lines to the ornginal show that people loved. Who cares if the camaro has been in other movies. Do you think the knight rider was the only movie a trans am was in? The Camaro or a vett is the closet thing we have to the trans am right now and could easy be made to look like KITT and would work perfect. Lets think about this for a second and play the what if game. What if there was a Trans Am that just came out in 2007 and they chose it to make the movie with. Do you really think people would be upset, that they are using a trans am for this movie?!? No because thats what they had in older shows and everyone knows kitt is a trans am. If your making a Christmas movie you don't replace santa clause with the easter bunny it just dosn't make sense.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 402
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Silicon Valley

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by seeker78 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:38 am

lost knight wrote:
It can easily be written in the story (since 20 percent of it has to be rewritten, according to The Weinstein Co.) that the Acura (or whatever car becomes chosen being that it's not American) was the design of Wilton Knight. We need to concentrate on the story, not the real-life facts behind the production.


Well, that's a pretty good point. :) Plus it is definitely true that the Acura NSX Concept DOES scream "I am a knight rider car". ;) I certainly do not deny that! :) And I'm not saying I would boycott the movie if they went with that car. Based on the statements Victor has made I have confidence that he and Glen Larson can be trusted with the Knight Rider feature film.

However, if I were in his position, I would want one that's Made in USA from the standpoint of preserving American blue collar jobs. Like I said, at least with the series, if someone watches that and says "I want to go buy that car" they're buying a car that's Made in USA and is going to provide Americans with jobs. Americans in Flat Rock, Michigan, do hard work, skilled but still intensive labor, to make that Ford Mustang. They're good jobs, union pay. Japan is a close ally of the United States, and has an American standard of living, and I certainly have no problem with either the government of Japan or the Japanese people, but the fact remains that promoting a car made in Japan perpetuates jobs in Japan and not the USA. I think a continued industrial base is important to preserving national security. :)

Surely there is a kitt-like car that is made on American soil? I think there are Mustangs that look a lot more kitt like than a Shelby. For example, Saleen Mustangs. http://www.saleen.com The Saleen Mustangs are made in Troy, Michigan. According to their web site, they also do some of the assembly work on the Mustang GT, or at least the new 2008 and 2009 models. :)

--Brian

User avatar
Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Manor

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:39 am

Transformers (Paramount) cornered the market on Saleen vehicles and as we know Ford is in bed with NBCU. As for american blue collar support let's not forget that our own film studios sold out american jobs to shoot cheaper in Canada, Australia, and Prague. In the grand scale of things having an american car doesn't change things in the entertainment industry world. Since Glen is insisting to shoot the film as much as possible on american soil, other exceptions have to be made.

But again I want to make it clear we have made no car choices at this time so it could go either way. Because of the WGA strike we can't get this production running as swiftly as we would like but you can take it to the bank the moment the strike is over, we'll hit the ground running to make a 2010 deadline and good things will come from all the effort that's been taken to do our best to see that our vision of Knight Rider comes back in a way that feels like it should.

It is our hope and mission that we will be able to let our marketing images speak for themselves and not try to pursuade your confidence. If we can accomplish the "wow" factor that's just another notch towards making this movie a success.

All Glen and I ask for is your patience and support, we'll handle the rest.

=VK=

Image

User avatar
Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:00 am

seeker78 wrote:However, if I were in his position, I would want one that's Made in USA from the standpoint of preserving American blue collar jobs. Like I said, at least with the series, if someone watches that and says "I want to go buy that car" they're buying a car that's Made in USA and is going to provide Americans with jobs. Americans in Flat Rock, Michigan, do hard work, skilled but still intensive labor, to make that Ford Mustang. They're good jobs, union pay. Japan is a close ally of the United States, and has an American standard of living, and I certainly have no problem with either the government of Japan or the Japanese people, but the fact remains that promoting a car made in Japan perpetuates jobs in Japan and not the USA. I think a continued industrial base is important to preserving national security. :)

Surely there is a kitt-like car that is made on American soil? I think there are Mustangs that look a lot more kitt like than a Shelby. For example, Saleen Mustangs. http://www.saleen.com The Saleen Mustangs are made in Troy, Michigan. According to their web site, they also do some of the assembly work on the Mustang GT, or at least the new 2008 and 2009 models. :)

--Brian


Well, the way I see it is that you're already getting your wish with the NBC Universal production. The beauty of this unique situation is that fans with different points of view on the franchise (i.g. the car being American or just needing to look like it could be K.I.T.T.; the car needing to be production or concept; the franchise needing to be a continuation or a reimagining/remake) can have their way. It's now time to allow a different way of thinking to apply to Glen's new feature film. The NBCU production should be making it that much easier to accept the "reimagining" method that Glen chose to go with. I know that I personally wanted a continuation and I got my wish with the NBCU production. However, it has now allowed me to embrace the idea of a reimagining of the franchise (which I was primarily against initially because of most movies being remakes these days). But that has nothing to do with Glen or his vision; it was merely a timing issue with current Hollywood trends.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

User avatar
JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:12 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yonkers, NY
Contact:

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:53 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I know the Camaro's presence in the poll is for Victor to get a feel for what the fans would have liked, but I think it's misleading. Too many members here think it's going to be a real candidate when Victor has explained in great detail that the idea was scrapped because of the Transformers movie. Other than having a retro look and being an American (or technically Canadian) car, we've already seen it as Bumblebee on the big screen, anyway. The new K.I.T.T. should be a car that hasn't been used yet and sets a trend for any potential copycat franchises that may surface later down the road.




Lost Knight wrote:And according to Victor, he and Glen believe that the chosen car doesn't have to be American, as long as it's in the same design spirit as the Trans Am. I believe this is the right way to go. Choosing only American automatically limits a wide range of potential car choices. It's one thing for a television production to do (where I agree they should stick with American [but just not the 'Stang]), but it's another thing for a feature film production with a bigger budget and less limitations.


Some good points proven and I have came to a conclusion that KITT should be a one of a kind look that resembles the car of the future to make people go "WOW", but not too hi-tech that it will be silly, just enough for the futuristic look. For example, taking a car like the Acura, Camaro, Mustang, etc. and prop it up to make it look like the sickest car of the future. Take the Camaro and change it up so it doesn't look too much like it, but still resembles the body lines and so on. In the movie when someone tries to indentify the car, they will not be able to because they wouldn't be able to tell. However I stand by my choice either a really cool and unique concept or the Camaro. All though why do some people think that Victor is the creator for the movie, I thought that Victor stated is an assistant or whatever he is to Glen as well as the person who talks with him and puts out whatever Glen wishes to share with us and doesn't make any decisions. That is fine and I was really excited when he came along and told us what he was on this site and the little info and tidbits he was sharing with us until I lost some repsect for the sole fact that I expressed my ideas and he just attacked me with a stupid response as well any plenty others on this site who don't appreciate it who are LOYAL KNIGHT RIDER FANS WHO CARE ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THE MOVIE, just like how he shoots down everything against Shapeshifter about the TV show, I disagree with some things and make my statements! Anyway I do not wish to talk about it.

Lost Knight wrote:And exactly why not?


Why not? Because who knows how the car will perform, the ability to use the concept, or the sole fact if it is able to do stunts. I can photoshop a ton of images for KITT to like any car and some will think it looks good while others may not, that is just my opinion.

Lost Knight wrote:And that's understandable to view K.I.T.T. as a Trans Am, Camaro, Corvette, or Rageous. However, the movie is going to be a reimagining of the Pilot and everything besides the basic concept is going to be brand new. New actors, new car, new style, new tone, etc. Again, that means the basic ideology no longer needs to apply as in K.I.T.T. needing to be an American, every day, car. You can stress about the Camaro until you're blue in the face, but the fact that it's the closest modern car to the original Trans Am isn't enough by itself. If people are going to make the point that it's just a cool looking car, they also have to acknowledge the boxy retro look, which is the exact same complaint fans are using about the Mustang in the NBC Universal production.


I DID NOT say KITT HAS to be AMERICAN, I just suggested some cars that were American. Also because Transformers used the CONCEPT CAMARO doesn't mean they can't use the PRODUCTION CAMARO. The actual car hasn't been used yet and I was also thinking how I really would enjoy KITT as the Camaro or a UNIQUE, one of a kind design.

BTW thank you for your polite reponse Lost Knight, it's an honor for people like you, I, and everyone else on this site to promote and collaborate ideas for something we desire and cherish so much, which is why I have been a part of this conversation. I appreaciate that we have the SOMEWHAT chance to vcombines our thoughtss and ideas to eachother and to Glen for the consideration and taking his time in creating a unique, reborn, and re-imagination of Knight Rider in a movie.

As for the "wow" factor that GLEN wishes to give us, VK turns me off in the idea of thinking of that the way he approaches people!

JJ

seeker78
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 402
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Silicon Valley

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by seeker78 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:00 pm

victor kros wrote:Transformers (Paramount) cornered the market on Saleen vehicles and as we know Ford is in bed with NBCU. As for american blue collar support let's not forget that our own film studios sold out american jobs to shoot cheaper in Canada, Australia, and Prague.


Yeah that's true, I think about that whenever I hear about a new TV show or movie being shot in Canada. Like Stargate SG-1 for example, it's all shot in Canada, or at least most of it. Frustrating. I thought Arnold S. said he was going to try and get things back in Hollywood when he became Governator of my little state of California, but I guess he has been busy with other issues. He's a good Governator though, I voted for him this last time despite being registered Democrat (I'm a moderate! thinking about changing to independent actually). :)

All Glen and I ask for is your patience and support, we'll handle the rest.


You do have that, I have seen your comments and I am satisfied that you have the best intentions! :)

User avatar
Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:16 pm

jjsocrazy wrote:BTW thank you for your polite reponse Lost Knight, it's an honor for people like you, I, and everyone else on this site to promote and collaborate ideas for something we desire and cherish so much, which is why I have been a part of this conversation. I appreaciate that we have the SOMEWHAT chance to vcombines our thoughtss and ideas to eachother and to Glen for the consideration and taking his time in creating a unique, reborn, and re-imagination of Knight Rider in a movie.


No problem. To fight or argue about things like, "your opinion sucks because mine's better!" or things of that nature is just counterproductive. Everyone has a different opinion and it's more mature to discuss them with points and counter-points and respect them accordingly. The boards are a lot more entertaining without needless bickering (and I'm just saying that generally).
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

seeker78
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 402
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:00 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Silicon Valley

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by seeker78 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:03 am

how about this car for KITT, a Pontiac G6 Coupe

Image

it's Made in USA too, in Michigan :)

User avatar
tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 773
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:37 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: ATX
Contact:

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:51 pm

It's FWD and isn't sporty. The body is made in Lansing, not the whole car. The GTO would be a better fit than anything Pontiac currently produces. Image
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27

Locked