KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT AS A MUSTANG >>

ACCEPT IT
62%
HATE IT
38%

Total votes: 81

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:44 pm

I believe people are quick to accept the Mustang as a new KITT because there is nothing else out there to compare it against. You're only seeing NBCU's "Knight Rider" with no guarantee (other then my word) of any other Knight Rider project coming out besides the Knightcon 07 clip.

When NBCU meets its competition from the feature film, then you will find out a real geniune answer if people really accept the Mustang or not. Right now it's all one sided because there's no other option presented so some people feel they have to settle for less (in their minds) and adjust their preferences to try and accept it such as it being "a new KITT" so it can be a "new car" entirely (inside and out) with no need to be a visual extension of the older model.

As for KIFT being red not being a factor of Knight Rider 2000's success? That's complete ignorance. You cannot have a RED SCANNER designed to be unique and signature to the original KITT stand out against a BRIGHT RED BODY. Stop trying to make KIFT out to be better then it was poorly designed to be and move on from it.

The car was a rushed decision then and it's a rushed decision now.

Bad design is bad design period.

I've already explained in exhaustive detail why I cannot accept the Mustang as a predecessor to the original KITT and I stand my ground accordingly, despite how many advertisements that come out psychologically designed to waver my opinion or how many people try to convince me differently.

I do not blame people for having an opinion, but I do ask they make an honest one. As for the poll it's unfair to post it without the ability to add the option of being able to change your vote because first impressions are not final verdicts. If you really want to make the poll a "fair" one, add that option back in and tally up your votes after the backdoor pilot has aired and see what happens.

I have a feeling the percentages will change significantly.

=VK=
:dash:

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:09 pm

seeker78 wrote:
Shapeshifter wrote: On the production side, there's been no pressure to make the KR pilot a long-form commercial for anything. Let's just wait and see before we judge.
hey shapeshifter, if they put that show on TV and KITT has mechanical analog gages, we are going to kick the asses of the people in the production dept, with that song from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back "how many people wanna kick some ass? I do! I do!". ;) lmao just kidding ;)

I really want DIGITAL gages though!!!! there can be analog as a backup (the Navy would do it that way), like, a smaller analog instrument with visible screws etc that is clearly an independent indicator, but the main gage should be digital not this 60s mechanical stuff...

btw I believe that song is "Kick Some Ass" by Stroke 9... that scene always makes me laugh my ass off!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

--Brian
I don't know what the dash will ultimately look like, only that the producers were not happy with the dash as it is, and are making changes in post production. Again, I ask you wait and see what they come up with. You simply don't have enough information to make an informed decision about it yet.

And understand, that until we get much closer to air date, very little of what you see in ads-promos will be indicative of what you'll see Feb 17th.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by spyhunter » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:40 pm

victor kros wrote:I do not blame people for having an opinion, but I do ask they make an honest one. As for the poll it's unfair to post it without the ability to add the option of being able to change your vote because first impressions are not final verdicts. If you really want to make the poll a "fair" one, add that option back in and tally up your votes after the backdoor pilot has aired and see what happens.

I have a feeling the percentages will change significantly.

=VK=
:dash:
Yeah, the acceptance would go way up as I was saying.

I wouldn't say it's not fair just because it's not their final decision, they did have a choice and I wanted this poll to show the true hatred of the stang choice, but I guess since I'm losing it couldn't hurt :?:

SH