KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

KITT AS A MUSTANG >>

ACCEPT IT
50
62%
HATE IT
31
38%
 
Total votes: 81

User avatar
spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Near Minot, North Dakota

KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by spyhunter » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:16 pm

A SAD DAY in Knight Rider history! This is an INSULT and a genuine SMACK IN THE FACE to the franchise!! Glen HELP US!!!

ANYTHING BESIDES FORD would have been accepted! Do they really think THIS POS CAN PASS AS KITT? Even people new to the franchise will be told over and over HOW WRONG THIS IS! I didn't even have to tell my own daughter as she already HATES THE LOOK OF THIS CAR!!

Any EXCITEMENT about new material IS OBLITERATED with the mere words FORD or MUSTANG! If you are supporting this CRAP, you are only LYING TO YOURSELVES, this means you Neil and Mike, and no we're not just being negative, we're BEING HONEST!!

If we watch this it will only be to see how much it SUCKS, and believe that we don't need to even see it, to know that it WILL SUCK!

EVERYBODY PRAY FOR KITT and that this series FALLS FLAT ON ITS FACE!

>>LONG LIVE KITT AS ONE SICK ASS 1982 PONTIAC TRANS AM<<

SH

User avatar
Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:35 pm

I understand your anger, and I don't like the choice of the Mustang any more than you do. At the same time, I think it's silly to boycott the telepic based on the car choice alone. I'm very curious to see the style and action sequences that this movie will have to offer. The cast seems solid enough to me (though the only actor who I've seen previous work from is Bruce Davison). It appears as if Justin Bruening is tailor made for this part as well, not only in terms of looking like Hasselhoff, but with his similar circumstances and coincidences. Although there will be no William Daniels (which I'm of course disappointed about), I'm not so sure his presence is desired as much as the actual Knight 2000's appearance is (if anything, for the nostalgic fans like you and me to see one more time). Why don't we all bite the bullet, put our dislike for the Mustang aside, and try to keep an open mind about the bigger picture here?
Last edited by Lost Knight on Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

User avatar
Michael Pajaro
Advisor
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:43 pm

I'm sorry, but I can't respect this poll. "Accept it or hate it" is hardly a balanced question. You're basically saying "do you feel neutral about the new car, or do you dislike it completely."

I do not understand how a Knight Rider fan can HOPE that a new project fails. You might EXPECT it to be bad based upon the tiny amount of information you have, but it makes no sense to me whatsoever that you WANT it to be bad. What possible benefit is there to the fandom for a failed TV movie? If the NBC movie is bad, does that help the theatrical film (if it ever gets made) in any possible way? No. If - by some miracle of miracles - it's actually a GOOD show, then the film version gets a ton of free publicity for the franchise.

You say I'm lying to myself because I want to actually see something before going off on a tirade about how awful it is? That says more about you than it does about me.

And please, if you want to express negative opinions about the car by all means do so. But criticizing other fans for having open minds? Not cool.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

User avatar
spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Near Minot, North Dakota

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by spyhunter » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:51 pm

There has to be a line for having an open mind, to me this is just as bad as the original idea they had about not having the car even talk. This show is ONLY about the car, which is what everybody remembers and loves the most about it. Get it wrong and there is no show...

I didn't put LOVE IT or HATE IT because nobody in their right mind would love this car for KITT, period.

I only turned into a disgruntled fan when I heard the name FORD, and when this show fails, it will be incentive for somebody to DO IT RIGHT!

SH

Nelson B
Operative
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:05 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Vancouver BC Canada

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Nelson B » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:00 pm

Well I have accepted Universal's choice on the new kitt. Because theres not much I can do about it anyways. They have sold out to ford. And I think they will pay dearly down the road. Now will the story lines and acting be good in it? Unfortunatly we have to wait until Feb 17,2008. Boy its going to be along two months. :kitt: I sure like these new eticomes. Thank god there not fords.

User avatar
sarfraz
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: London, UK

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by sarfraz » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:54 pm

Well said Mike.

People need to get a grip, its a car and NOT the defining factor of the series. If the new series is to succeed it won't be because the car is a Pontiac, a Ford or whatever else. Did Universal sell out to Ford? That depends on who else was in the running. Doing some sensible thinking there probably wasn't much competition. Universal were looking for a US muscle car of reasonable affordability (ie what the 1982 TA was!) and right now there isn't much choice between the Mustang and anything else I can think of. Corvette? we'll you need to go ask GM why they didn't want to be part of the show...oh yeah they already have Transformers as a long-term franchise to keep them happy!!!!!!

I sound like a broken record but if Transformers 2007 is anything to go by, the car shapes and even the way the robots looked did not define that film. The action, story and SFX did. I heard fans laughing when one of producers announced just GM + the Saleen Mustang making up the bulk of the Transformers line up....boy did that shut up the fanatics.

This in no way am I saying that the NBC KR flick will be great, but jeez just give it the benefit of the doubt, watch it without prejudice and then make an informed opinion.

The original KITT will always be what it was and this show is not intent on replacing it.....just complimenting it. Go back and look at the hundred and one iteration of Transformers. Some good, some bad but through evolution we got some great shows. KR is in a similar process. KR, KR2000, TKR, KR2010.....don't be scared to try new things, you never know how it'll turn out.

Sarfraz

KR08
Volunteer
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:54 pm

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by KR08 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:20 pm

sarfraz wrote:Well said Mike.

People need to get a grip, its a car and NOT the defining factor of the series. If the new series is to succeed it won't be because the car is a Pontiac, a Ford or whatever else. Did Universal sell out to Ford? That depends on who else was in the running. Doing some sensible thinking there probably wasn't much competition. Universal were looking for a US muscle car of reasonable affordability (ie what the 1982 TA was!) and right now there isn't much choice between the Mustang and anything else I can think of. Corvette? we'll you need to go ask GM why they didn't want to be part of the show...oh yeah they already have Transformers as a long-term franchise to keep them happy!!!!!!

I sound like a broken record but if Transformers 2007 is anything to go by, the car shapes and even the way the robots looked did not define that film. The action, story and SFX did. I heard fans laughing when one of producers announced just GM + the Saleen Mustang making up the bulk of the Transformers line up....boy did that shut up the fanatics.

This in no way am I saying that the NBC KR flick will be great, but jeez just give it the benefit of the doubt, watch it without prejudice and then make an informed opinion.

The original KITT will always be what it was and this show is not intent on replacing it.....just complimenting it. Go back and look at the hundred and one iteration of Transformers. Some good, some bad but through evolution we got some great shows. KR is in a similar process. KR, KR2000, TKR, KR2010.....don't be scared to try new things, you never know how it'll turn out.

Sarfraz
well said


i like the stang :P
gm didnt want to do it EVER THINK OF THAT
LET KR 08 ROLL

User avatar
spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Near Minot, North Dakota

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by spyhunter » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:13 pm

With a little bit of the green stuff, GM would have agreed, I guarantee it. But as I said anything BUT A F'N FORD. FORD and KNIGHT RIDER are in completely different universes, anybody can tell this...

SH

User avatar
Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Knight Manor

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:16 pm

Michael, you are incorrect.

If the NBC movie is bad, does that help the theatrical film (if it ever gets made) in any possible way? No. If - by some miracle of miracles - it's actually a GOOD show, then the film version gets a ton of free publicity for the franchise.


The simple fact of the matter is with two seperate versions of Knight Rider out there, it's very difficult for them to co-exist and the success of either will not help the other, especially with publicity. From a business point of view amongst competition there are two options. You either get along and co-exist or you bank on the other project failing which gives you full control of said simular territory.

Speaking outside the realm of "camps", as a general view of property ownership If the tv series is a success why would fans care to start over with another version of it and vice versa? How can you possibly believe that having a rival's franchise succeed can help out your project which happens to have the same title but a vastly different approach to the storyline/presentation?

With all due respect that's just arrogant presumption. What you should be focusing on is being content that whether fans like or dislike either project, Knight Rider is coming back next year. Trying to justify the success or failure of either is pointless and for the record, spyhunter asked a question about THE CAR not "the show".

I believe he has every right to ask people whether they like or hate the car but I agree he should also have left open a neutral option. As far as "the car" goes in regards to the stability/success of the show history has shown us that it was absolutely a factor in the success of the original series. People didn't start out watching Knight Rider hating the car from the get go, they loved it from the start and that matters. It's not the nail in the coffin if the car doesn't work but it is winning half the battle of gaining an audience's acceptance, the other half is the story.

=VK=

User avatar
spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Near Minot, North Dakota

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by spyhunter » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:37 pm

I wanted a more definite answer instead of a wait until I see it NEUTRAL position, as you say the opinion of JUST their poor selection of FORD, and frankly I still can't believe it's true :-(

SH

User avatar
Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:55 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hengelo, The Netherlands

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:45 pm

Ok Spyhunter I am on the verge of irritation here... but could you carefully and kindly explain to me WHAT reason there is for the KR universe not to be using a Ford for A KITT (remember not THE KITT, but a DIFFERENT KITT, which is what this new KITT is... a new CPU and not the old one...), can you tell me that? I really think its just stupid and most of all unreleastic to say Knight Inustries can not use a Ford car... I for one don´t like GM cars at all... did I hate the original KITT and the Trans Am used... no... I loved the car... wanna know why? BECAUSE OF THE SERIES! Infact if KITT wasn´t a TA back in the 80´s I can tell you I would not have given a daim about the Trans Am. The only reason why I liked the car was because it was KITT from the show... I bet you that there are a lot of people out there who haven´t seen the original show but who will watch this pilot and think the same like I did in the 80´s "that is a cool car". For the record GM was in the running to provide the car. But they lost.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

User avatar
spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Near Minot, North Dakota

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by spyhunter » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:03 pm

It's because FORD has never produced anything remotely as cool or smooth as the Trans Am, sure PONTIAC these days have completely lost their edge, which means they should have stuck with an 80s or 90s T/A, a new prototype or something from a different car maker that was closer to the original KITT. If they were going to go with this drastic of a change, then they needed to name the show something else.

I know T/As are not being made anymore, so what? There are hundreds if not thousands of used ones waiting to be purchased around the country. How many times have shows and movies had to go scouting for old cars, it's not a new concept.

You guys are making it sound like it's GM's fault, when it's ultimately the fault of the producers of this crap new show.

SH

User avatar
Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:55 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hengelo, The Netherlands

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:11 pm

spyhunter wrote:It's because FORD has never produced anything remotely as cool or smooth as the Trans Am, sure PONTIAC these days have completely lost their edge, which means they should have stuck with an 80s or 90s T/A, a new prototype or something from a different car maker that was closer to the original KITT. If they were going to go with this drastic of a change, then they needed to name the show something else.

I know T/As are not being made anymore, so what? There are hundreds if not thousands of used ones waiting to be purchased around the country. How many times have shows and movies had to go scouting for old cars, it's not a new concept.

You guys are making it sound like it's GM's fault, when it's ultimately the fault of the producers of this crap new show.

SH


Well if GM still made the TA I reckon it would he 90% sure they would have done everything to use that instead, just to avoid conflicts like these. Also... Ford not making cool things? Ever hear about the original GT40...
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

User avatar
Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:25 pm

Finding an old Trans Am (the latest one being a 2002) wouldn't work because it's an obsolete, discontinued car. And this is supposed to be "the car of tomorrow." And the Mustang is a retro design that will already be overshadowed by the next generation in less than two years, so in my view it breaks this cardinal rule, too. But realistically speaking, if a new series develops I would not expect it to last that long, anyway.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

User avatar
spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Near Minot, North Dakota

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by spyhunter » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:45 pm

If the car was right and the actor could keep the show alive like Hasselhoff did, it could have another 4 year stint.

SH

User avatar
Michael Pajaro
Advisor
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:06 pm

spyhunter wrote:If the car was right and the actor could keep the show alive like Hasselhoff did, it could have another 4 year stint.


I think we have some common ground there. Although KITT attracted viewers in the first place, I truly believe that Hasselhoff was a HUGE part of selling the idea that KITT was a real character. I think the success of the movie/series rests more on Justin Bruening's shoulders than KITT's bumper.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

User avatar
knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:14 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: tucson, az

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 am

i have been a loyal fan of the trans am for many years, but i have no problems with them using the mustang as the new kitt, ford made a few good sports cars. the ford probe was nice and sleek and had a lot of cool features. also the mustang has never ceased production, gm stopped making the firebird trans am because people weren't interested in the car anymore, the sales numbers were way down.i like knight rider because of the premise of the show not because of what model car they use, as long as it is a sports car and it talks and does stunts i'm happy.
in glen larson we trust.

User avatar
cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 11:34 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:16 am

I do hate that it's a mustang, but I'm still gonna watch it. And you know you are too, so quit lyin' to yourself.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

young-nyc
Recruit
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:30 am

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by young-nyc » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:39 am

knightprobe89 wrote:i like knight rider because of the premise of the show not because of what model car they use, as long as it is a sports car and it talks and does stunts i'm happy.


well in some sense i can agree to that..
i never really knew about the trans am until i started watching knight rider.
and after that, i fell in love with the trans am.

the new kitt doesn't have to be a trans am or a corvette,
but it SHOULD be a car with a sloped hood line so that the scanner can at least be integrated into the front bumper area.
too bad the probe is no longer in production, that would've made a good alternative for KITT instead of the mustang.

User avatar
Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2716
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:45 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:11 am

knightprobe89 wrote: also the mustang has never ceased production, gm stopped making the firebird trans am because people weren't interested in the car anymore, the sales numbers were way down.


Just to elaborate on this, there were some contributing factors to the Trans Am's demise. One was the affordability. Cars like the TA and the Camaro simply grew to be mostly unattainable to younger drivers with base prices and insurance in comparison to Ford's Mustang. These cars were originally targeted for young drivers, and with the changing times, this became increasingly more difficult. It's also why I believe the Mustang has lasted as long as it has (even throughout one particular generation where it looked like a Tempo). Also, I believe the general public found the Trans Am too aggressive looking. I believe those factors alone contributed to its demise. However, as with what happened to Knight Rider, Chevrolet is apparently trying to re-create the Camaro's former popularity. And Pontiac, as we all know, is no longer interested in bringing the Trans Am back. But they never seemed to make many bright, lucrative choices in the first place.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

User avatar
KITTfan
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Finland

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by KITTfan » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:52 am

I personally can't decide yet if I like or hate the new KITT, I need to see the show first. At this point I understand the reasons and even think it's a logical choice the new KITT being a Mustang, it was the original ponycar and without it there wouldn't ever been Pontiac Trans-Am either. Ford have also good inventions in the automotive industry, for example inventing mass productionlines so I don't think it's a bad choice while I still love the Pontiac Trans-Am the most.
Maybe they add some CGI effects in the post-production for example in the dash that makes it look cool, not to mention sound effects, music, etc. The actor's & actresses performance is also very important, Mike Tracer's interaction with KITT must the the most defining factor, good to hear Hasselhoff gave him some tips in that :)

If this becomes a tv-series that last many seasons, maybe they update KITT to some new car, maybe Ford will design some new, futuristic looking sportscar that would be more similar to the '82 Trans-Am's futuristic and sleek look. Ford's "new edge" design looks good to me, I like how the Focus and Mondeo looks, in the 1999/2000 there was also Cougar that I liked. Maybe KITT's new futuristic design migh come from there.

User avatar
Radicalas
Operative
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 1:35 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Europe, Lithuania, Utena

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Radicalas » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:57 am

Well, Mustang isn't the best choice for K.I.T.T., i don't even like Fords, but i'm optimistic about it, this new TV show is for newer generations, i'm gonna watch it. I don't think they could change the car, they are already shooting the film, it would be to hard and expensive to change the car, just try to watch the new TV movie as there was no original Knight Rider at all, i don't say forget the origilan Knight Rider, bet don't think about it when watching new TV movie/series.

User avatar
Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Utah
Contact:

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:08 am

***DISCLAIMER****

I can guarantee that 90 percent of you will not like this post. It is very straightforward, partially insulting, sometimes mean. I have to say that I just cannot hold my tongue any longer after reading everyones post about the new car. Is there a better way I could have shared my thoughts? Maybe. But I snapped, and this is my rant and the result...

Apologies to Neil and moderators for the ravings below...

***
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have simply had enough.

I am sick and tired of everyone bitching and complaining about the new car being a Ford.

A Ford!

So the f**k what? It's a Ford, who the f**k cares?!

I am sick and tired of all of you complaining and demanding that the original KITT needs to be used in the movie. Grow up - the original KITT is 25 f**king years old! Why the hell would today's hero drive around in a car that's 25 years old?! No matter how well it was maintained by the Foundation - the times have grown up around us, and so should all of you!

Grow up!

I agree with Mike in a previous post that the original KITT is like a fine wine. It's beautiful, and curvaceous, and sharp. But it's also 25 years old. I LOVE the original KITT, but that was the car of the 1980s for a campy, yet unique show taking place, and aired in the 1980s.

Here, we have a new era, a new Knight Rider. Is everyone going to be happy? No - probably not.

Everyone here who is pontificating about hating the Mustang, saying they will never watch the show, bitching and complaining on a constant basis without ever giving the show a chance - you are all the low-brow, ADD inflicted group of this country who can never handle change, can't try anything new. You are unfortunately the market that many networks cater to, because they realize now, they need to have flashy things with no plot and story, because all you like are shiny things and can't let go of the past.

This is ridiculous and pathetic.

Oh and you are also the same group of people who have proliferated a decade's long argument of other car's versus Ford.

Here is a news flash for the low-brows. It's just a car!

I've driven Fords, Chevy's, Toyota's, Honda's, Hyundai's, Nissan's, Dodge's... you name it, I was behind the wheel. And you know what... I DON'T GIVE A S**T!

People, it's just a car. Get over it.

Do I completely agree with the Mustang being chosen for KITT? I am not going to say yes or no, I'm not sure. I do think it's cool - the Attack Mode is interesting and I would like to see it in use.

Do you know WHY producers rarely ask fan opinions? It's because of all of YOU! Not everybody on this board mind you, but the general population who cannot see past the emblem on a car and can't comprehend the meaning of story and plot.

You should all be glad that we are getting Knight Rider back in some way shape or form.

I am glad that we have Victor Kros here as a mouthpiece for Glen, and I am glad that he is also a mouthpiece for us. Does that mean that we are going to get the TransAm? No, Victor made that perfectly clear, and while he stated it in a much non militaristic way than I have, he said that cars do not drive a movie (or TV show), it's the story and the plot, and the care that has gone into the script.

I will be first in line for Glen's movie in 2009, and I can tell you, that regardless of what car is used, and who plays our beloved characters, without knowing any of the plot, the lines, - ANYTHING, I will be seeing it over and over again because I know Glen will take care of his characters and as Victor says... In Glen We Trust.

I will also be watching the new Knight Rider in February - but with some hesitation. I am curious to know of the story, the quality of the actors, the plot, and also knowing some of the behind the scenes aspects too shared with us from Victor and Shapeshifter, yes, that adds to my hesitation.

If it becomes a series and for any reason, I cease to watch the show, I will not stop watching because of the car, I will stop watching if we have a bunch of whiny over (or under) actors who can't deliver lines well and a crappy premise. That is what made Team Knight Rider fail. Weird story-lines, underdeveloped characters and cars, all in all it was lackluster.

TKR did not fail because the cars were Fords.

Those of you in the general population who are so low-brow enough to carry on an anti Ford debate because thats what Gramps told you over milk and cookies, and those of you who can't look past a flashy car and look more in depth - YOU are the reason our franchise is doomed to fail because you will protest something based upon its chassis.

Pathetic.

-Scott

User avatar
Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:55 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hengelo, The Netherlands

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Solid Snake » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:21 am

Thank you Scott for saying what was on my mind too... but I was not posting it as direct and "aggressive" as that. But I agree for the FULL 100%. I said similar things in different threads, but you basically summed it up in one post... I hope people will see it the same way.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

User avatar
Radicalas
Operative
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 1:35 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Europe, Lithuania, Utena

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Radicalas » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:48 pm

I'm with you Scott, you're absolutely right.
I'm tired of reading the posts, that Mustang isn't good choice for K.I.T.T.s role, all of us already knows that, so people, please stop repeating it. :?
Everythings changed, other car, other cast, other voice of K.I.T.T., other age, so forget those propositions, that K.I.T.T. needs to be sleek, needs to be a black, etc. Watch it as a new material and it will be fine. Thank you :)

Locked