Michael vs. Mike

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Michael vs. Mike

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:48 pm

OK, of all the things to debate about the new Knight Rider, this one has to be one of the lamest, but it is near to my heart: I don't think "Mike" is a good name for an action hero.

My name is Mike. Everybody calls me Mike. But my business cards say Michael. My license says Michael. My mortgage says Michael. It's just a more formal name that is taken more seriously. MICHAEL Knight is a good name. Mike Knight would not be. (although that has the added problem of the double k sound.) Tracer is not a bad last name for a hero, but Mike Tracer just doesn't sound strong enough.

Just had to get it off my chest :).

infiniti_mike
Volunteer

Post by infiniti_mike » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:52 pm

My name is also Mike, but legal name is Michael. I've never heard anyone refer to MK in the original show as "Mike."

As for the character Mike Tracer, I think they are using it as an excuse for KITT to call him "Michael". KITT will refuse to call him Mike

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:13 pm

infiniti_mike wrote:As for the character Mike Tracer, I think they are using it as an excuse for KITT to call him "Michael". KITT will refuse to call him Mike
Ah, now THAT would be a nice little character trait!

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:15 pm

Should be interesting to find out who Mike Tracer's mother is...hopefully not someone named Michelle...that would be too much.

Just thought of something...if they make Mike's mother be Stevie...and Hasselhoff's in the pilot...Stevie was played by Hasselhoff's ex-wife...might be odd to hear Michael talk to Mike about his mother Stevie....hmm....

Joe

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:25 pm

infiniti_mike wrote:My name is also Mike, but legal name is Michael. I've never heard anyone refer to MK in the original show as "Mike."
\

Season4,Episode Out Of The Woods:As the tree is being lifted downward with the forklift,Michael introduces himself as Mike Knight at the 13th minute of that episode.Kinda hard to believe that he says Michael the entire series but forgets it that one time he introduced himself.

The only way I can see Stevie being his mother is possibly the time between Michael Long being engaged to Stevie and Whitebird.Possibly her giving up the child for adoption or who knows what.But Stevie died in Scent of Roses so I can't figure where having a kid would fit in with the timeline.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:53 pm

I don't see Stevie as a possible choice for Mike's mother. It wouldn't make much sense to go messing around with an existing timeline when his mother could simply be a new character altogether. I just hope Mike isn't the product of some one night stand that Michael had. I'm not even sure he slept with many women during the series besides Stevie, either. Sure, there was always the "bimbo of the week," but no real relationships ever really developed unless they were off-camera. So if that's true, we have the four remaining years that Michael was part of the Foundation (1986-1990), and of course the rest of the '90s. But, if the telepic is set in present time, Mike would have to have been born sometime in the '80s. Therefore I'd say that Mike was born some time soon after "Voo Doo Knight."
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: